Author Topic: V&H 2-2 owners  (Read 3371 times)

BK

• 2009 Raven Raider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 2
V&H 2-2 owners
« on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:31:06 pm »
Has anyone ran the 2-2 Big radius with out a fuel processor? Does it run ok or is it a must have as soon as you put the pipes on.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
    Re: V&H 2-2 owners
    « Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:55:59 pm »
    Has anyone ran the 2-2 Big radius with out a fuel processor? Does it run ok or is it a must have as soon as you put the pipes on.

If you're running with the stock air box... you'll be OK. 

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

BK

• 2009 Raven Raider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Warrior
    « Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:29:32 pm »

If you're running with the stock air box... you'll be OK.

Yeah to start with it will be the stock air box. Wanted to get the pipes first then down the road get the power pro then a air kit.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2012, 03:36:09 pm »
      I am running v&h 2n2 without a fuel controller . I have no trouble with mine . I checked my plugs i am running as i should be. Put it on youll be fine . But when you change the intake . You (will) have to have a fuel processor of some sort.
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

BK

• 2009 Raven Raider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Warrior
      « Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2012, 04:28:12 pm »
      I am running v&h 2n2 without a fuel controller . I have no trouble with mine . I checked my plugs i am running as i should be. Put it on youll be fine . But when you change the intake . You (will) have to have a fuel processor of some sort.

Good deal
      Thanks

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2012, 06:04:25 pm »
      No problem. Anytime

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:29:11 pm »
      Is there a performance difference between using the stock setup as opposed to a fuel processor with the after market pipes? Just wondering...I bought mine used and it already had both.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »
      Is there a performance difference between using the stock setup as opposed to a fuel processor with the after market pipes? Just wondering...I bought mine used and it already had both.

There is a huge difference between the two, stock the Raider is right at 86 HP and about 94 Torque, add fuel management, pipes and air and you will up that to 94 to 97 HP and 104 or more Torque.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:51:16 pm »
      I noticed a big difference from stock to the v&h 2n2. Dont have the processor on yet. I wil let ya know somethin next week when i get it put on.

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2012, 08:40:04 pm »

There is a huge difference between the two, stock the Raider is right at 86 HP and about 94 Torque, add fuel management, pipes and air and you will up that to 94 to 97 HP and 104 or more Torque.
      I figured that...what I was wondering....the op was going to add pipes but no processor and was told it would work fine...I was wondering if just adding pipes with no processor was defeating the purpose?

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2012, 02:35:09 am »

I figured that...what I was wondering....the op was going to add pipes but no processor and was told it would work fine...I was wondering if just adding pipes with no processor was defeating the purpose?

Not really, it you are going to keep stock air then just adding pipes is pretty much an aesthetics mod and the ECU can handle it just fine.  No processor needed, but add the air and you are definitely going to need the processor with them.

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:45:02 am »

Not really, it you are going to keep stock air then just adding pipes is pretty much an aesthetics mod and the ECU can handle it just fine.  No processor needed, but add the air and you are definitely going to need the processor with them.
      Got it! So it's my BAK that required the the processor more than the pipes. Im glad it was all done for me but...I would like to ride one stock just to feel the difference. Thinking maybe a test drive on a new one next spring  ;)

Rick Busbea

• I call her Ruby....
      • AZ Group
      • Warrior
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2012, 05:11:32 pm »
      I ran for a week without the FuelPak but gotta say it's well worth buying a new fuel processor.  The difference in butt dyno was tremendous.  I also get better fuel mileage now than before I installed the 2-into-2 and FuelPak.  I'm averaging around 47 now with full windshield and riding 2-up.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2012, 06:56:33 pm »
      I ran for a week without the FuelPak but gotta say it's well worth buying a new fuel processor.  The difference in butt dyno was tremendous.  I also get better fuel mileage now than before I installed the 2-into-2 and FuelPak.  I'm averaging around 47 now with full windshield and riding 2-up.
      Did your mileage stay the same when you didnt have a processor on when you changed the pipes ?

dejablu110

• SEA-ROAR MEMBER
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 3
      « Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2012, 07:48:20 pm »
      Im at 100hp and 121 ft lbs with these pipes and the PC5 and BAK and tune