Custom Raider

Author Topic: Sandals Made Specifically for Bikers  (Read 3290 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Sandals Made Specifically for Bikers
« Reply #45 on: Nov 29, 2012, 02:44:49 PM »
I would never ride the Raider with those!  I can't even ride it in shorts.  Being on the short side my legs are too close to various very hot parts on the right side of the engine :)  Some days stopped at lights in the summer it even hurts through jeans.

I can relate to that. BIG TIME!!!

jim

• Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Nov 30, 2012, 05:17:01 AM »
I figure that if you go down, unless your dressed for combat something is going to leave it's mark on the pavement... saying that I guess
it all depends on what your planned ride will consist of.... a little jaunt to the corner store in PJays and bunny slippers.... To the hardware store in overalls with no T.... to the courthouse to fight that speeding ticket in a three piece suit.... a long run in full blown leathers... whatever the case maybe ..enjoy the ride and dress to the point thats makes you happy....... I have a pic of my father at 64 on my brothers 53 pan in shorts and flipflops... go figure :o

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

Lrdofh8

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:50:01 AM »
I know that I'm as guilty as the next guy... maybe more, but.... this thread is starting to sound a lot like these posts belong on the other thread - "So what happened to you while riding?"

Maybe this thread has run it's course??

Aye, but it hasnt degenerated into pushing, shoving, and name-calling  ;)

Let the wee ones have thier fun  :lolsign:

This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my brother on my left. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me facing the enemy.

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Nov 30, 2012, 09:34:43 AM »
The sandals aren't for me, but to each his or her own.  Only way possible to not get hurt on a bike is don't get on one in the first place.  And none of us is going to do that so we roll the dice and take our chances.  Ride safe out there whether it's boots or sandals and know you can't prepare for everything.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Nov 30, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »
The sandals aren't for me, but to each his or her own.  Only way possible to not get hurt on a bike is don't get on one in the first place.  And none of us is going to do that so we roll the dice and take our chances.  Ride safe out there whether it's boots or sandals and know you can't prepare for everything.

Oh.... I can prepare for everything.
I just can't think of everything...    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Nov 30, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »

Oh.... I can prepare for everything.
I just can't think of everything...    ;D

:agree: Well said T...  ;D

RangerRick

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Dec 01, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »
Proper gear can make all the difference. ;)

Posted online back in 2006

http://www.rockthegear.org/index.php?/testimonials/view/brittany_morrow_the_roadrash_queen/
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:52:43 AM »

http://www.rockthegear.org/index.php?/testimonials/view/brittany_morrow_the_roadrash_queen/

I didn't read the long ass article, but I feel for her as far as the road rash goes.  I can still see where mine was on my left arm, but it's nothing like hers.  I learned my lesson.

jim

• Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Dec 03, 2012, 11:23:57 AM »

No mention on why she flew off though??? I would have to believe that speeding had something to do with it... Riding gear does play a part but proper riding habits play a bigger roll.... pretty sure that if the pilot was following speed limit accident could have been avoided...

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Dec 03, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »
Lengthy but good read.  Made me think about what gear I wear.....  Although I do not think I ever get up to the speeds they were at though, especially not on the Raider.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Dec 03, 2012, 04:30:57 PM »
I just finished reading the article.  Man!  I feel for everything she had to go through.  My road rash was nothing even close to that and as I can understand some of the pain she went through, I can't even begin to imagine the psychological aspect of the whole thing.  Her whole life is changed now.