Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Primary chain specs  (Read 2058 times)

Rczap

• rczap
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Primary chain specs
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:11:16 PM »
Well I checked with the dealer today and they do not have any specs on the chain. I would think half an inch on such a short chain is a bit much in slack but if no one else does then I may just leave it. The cover isn't difficult to get off and I needed to drain the oil anyway to change the clutch. I was just afraid that the bearings or shaft would get damaged due to the "shock"  caused by the slack. I understand about being hyper-focused but I really think I would have noticed it before. We are talking over $600 in parts so I am gonna let it go for now, maybe after I do the clutch and rebuild the forks I will take it to see if I can get a tech at the dealer to check it out. Thanks for all the comments.

Rczap

• rczap
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
Well, it doesn't seem the chain is the issue. I moved the rear wheel and all the slack seems to be in the tranny. I pulled the cover off the clutch since I know that needs to be replaced. Anyway all the movement is in the tranny so I am just gonna let it go until something decides to break.

RangerRick

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2012, 08:01:52 AM »
Well, it doesn't seem the chain is the issue. I moved the rear wheel and all the slack seems to be in the tranny. I pulled the cover off the clutch since I know that needs to be replaced. Anyway all the movement is in the tranny so I am just gonna let it go until something decides to break.

As there will be. some one else on here had concern of the 3 1/2 inches of travel of rear wheel when bike is in gear. Mine had the same amount and that is the norm.  ;)
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Rczap

• rczap
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
Rick, my wheel movement is about the same amount. I must be losing it since I swear that the issue I am feeling hearing was not there before.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »
Rick, my wheel movement is about the same amount. I must be losing it since I swear that the issue I am feeling hearing was not there before.

So... how exactly do you lose something you never had?     :rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Rczap

• rczap
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »
Good one "T"       :witsend: