Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: factory-installed charger cables?  (Read 1222 times)

RangerRick

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: factory-installed charger cables?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:11:15 PM »
I thought tht was for the aux light for that switch up top. But i did notice that when i was hooking up my cigarette lighter charger  to my battery for my gps.

That connector is in the headlight housing
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »
I thought tht was for the aux light for that switch up top. But i did notice that when i was hooking up my cigarette lighter charger  to my battery for my gps.

Glad you told me that .  ;D  I would a been in for a surprise if i decided to put on some extra lights and hooked em up their. ;D  Dead battery i would have :D :D
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

RangerRick

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:27:27 AM »

Glad you told me that .  ;D  I would a been in for a surprise if i decided to put on some extra lights and hooked em up their. ;D  Dead battery i would have :D :D

Yes you would have if you had no switch or forgot to turn them off.  ;)
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

ding3k

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »

Thanks for letting me know. I never followed the cables to see where they went and now I know where the fog light switch is and a connector for the battery.

RangerRick

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »

Thanks for letting me know. I never followed the cables to see where they went and now I know where the fog light switch is and a connector for the battery.

Your welcome, that's where my Yamaha passing lamps plug into. Plus the blinker plug for the front blinkers. Cause the blinkers are integrated into the Yamaha Passing Lamps
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Kit Sullivan

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2013, 12:50:27 PM »
Ok, I have egg on my face on this topic. I started this thread, and extolled my appreciation of Yamaha including a Battery-Tender pigtail as factory equipment. Many knowledgeable people here told me that Yamaha does NOT install these, and I mustbe confusing it with the auxilliary DC connector which IS factory installed. I know the difference, and the DC connector could never be confused with a Battery-Tender cable.
My bike was purchased new, so clearly it came that way from the factory...or so I thought.

I recently spoke with the service manager at mydealsrship, and when I mentioned this to him, he calmly said "yeah we instsllex that...we do on every bike as an addition to our normal uncrating procedures."
 Apparently, they use them to keep the batteries on all thier inventory in good shape until delivery.

Doh!....

So, to everyone who told me I was nuts and that it was aftermarket...I apologize.

Why do I constantly think I'm smarter than everyone else?
"If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is!"

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2013, 12:52:23 PM »
Ok, I have egg on my face on this topic. I started this thread, and extolled my appreciation of Yamaha including a Battery-Tender pigtail as factory equipment. Many knowledgeable people here told me that Yamaha does NOT install these, and I mustbe confusing it with the auxilliary DC connector which IS factory installed. I know the difference, and the DC connector could never be confused with a Battery-Tender cable.
My bike was purchased new, so clearly it came that way from the factory...or so I thought.

I recently spoke with the service manager at mydealsrship, and when I mentioned this to him, he calmly said "yeah we instsllex that...we do on every bike as an addition to our normal uncrating procedures."
 Apparently, they use them to keep the batteries on all thier inventory in good shape until delivery.

Doh!....

So, to everyone who told me I was nuts and that it was aftermarket...I apologize.

Why do I constantly think I'm smarter than everyone else?

"Nut jobs" usually do!!!    :rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 13, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »
Kit- I would've thought the same thing.  I have one as well on both of my Raiders and the 2009 was removed from the crate the night before I picked it up.