Raider Patches

Author Topic: Hypercharger ????  (Read 1481 times)

vsr

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hypercharger ????
« on: Dec 03, 2012, 05:50:10 PM »
Hay guys I was wondering how some Raider owners are mounting two pseudo hyperchargers to there bikes. I have one mounted on the throttle side but how can one be mounted on the other side? The way the hypercharger is mounted there is a hole on the bottom ,if you flip it over and mount one on the other side the hole will be on top and will look terrible . Anyone have any idea how to mount one on the clutch side and make it look right ?

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Hypercharger ????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
Are you referring to a SAC (Spike Air Cleaner)?

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012, 08:49:42 AM by dreadly »

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:50:29 AM »

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »
If I remember right, I think Andy only did the throttle side, not positive though.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:31:55 AM »
Do they make one that is functional yet ? One day in the future . I want to put one on. Not the fake one though
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:05:27 AM »
Do they make one that is functional yet ? One day in the future . I want to put one on. Not the fake one though

For me.... I doubt that if it was functional... I'd do it.  With all the bending and twisting of the 'housing' (for a lack of a better word) to get the air into the throttle bodies... I'd bet you might just as well have the stock air box on there.  I'd actually have less air coming to the engine than my current BAK.   Now, I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about engines but... I'd have to see a dyno on this before I'd go anywhere near it.... 

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »

For me.... I doubt that if it was functional... I'd do it.  With all the bending and twisting of the 'housing' (for a lack of a better word) to get the air into the throttle bodies... I'd bet you might just as well have the stock air box on there.  I'd actually have less air coming to the engine than my current BAK.   Now, I'll be the first to admit I know next to nothing about engines but... I'd have to see a dyno on this before I'd go anywhere near it....

I'd like to know the answer to this.  I guess you could install a fan to draw in more air, but that seems like overkill and would definitely effect looks.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:20:33 AM »

Only really way i see to do one is run it to through the side . Or maybe the front of the bike . But thatd prob be ugly .
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

ANDY G.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:44:43 PM »
Had to look for these, but here ya go.

ANDY G.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
Oh and this is how I made the hole disappear. I used a piece of stainless and polished it, just jb welded it to the back half of the hypercharger, so I can still take the hypercharger apart.

ANDY G.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:55:10 PM »
If I remember right, I think Andy only did the throttle side, not positive though.

Ron, your memory sucks. LOL

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »

Ron, your memory sucks. LOL

I do not deny this statement!   :rotfl:

I stand corrected!
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

chalomalo

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »

Ron,

Here's the site on the part:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kuryakyn-pro-r-pseudo-hypercharger-yamaha-roadliner-stratoliner-06-and-newer-and-raider-08-and-newer/part/KY-9468

This disclaimer says it all:
NOTE: This is not a real hypercharger. This one is for looks; there is no performance enhancement.
Regards,
chalomalo

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »
Hard to read when everything is quoted - but good info

This disclaimer says it all:
NOTE: This is not a real hypercharger. This one is for looks; there is no performance enhancement.

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --