Custom Raider

Author Topic: Iron Workers Kevlar Riding Pants  (Read 988 times)

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Iron Workers Kevlar Riding Pants
« on: Dec 04, 2012, 12:56:13 PM »
Anybody have any experience with the Iron Workers Kevlar Riding Pants by BILT?  $109

I wear Shift Kevlar pants when I ride but have been looking for some for the wife.  They make the Iron Workers one's for women.

Kick Logic To The Curb!

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Iron Workers Kevlar Riding Pants
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
No experience with them but I looked them up.  They seem pretty sturdy with the Kevlar lining.  Found them on cyclegear.com for $69.99 until tomorrow I think.  Here's the link:
http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/steel_motorcycle_jeans/web1009966
If you ain't riding, you ain't living.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Workers Kevlar Riding Pants
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:34:30 PM »
They seem nice.  Not as heavy as my shift one's.  Tried to talk the wife into them but I think she's leaning toward chaps instead.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:53:56 AM »
My only experience is with Draggin' Jeans.  I look around for discounted or closeout prices.  They also have women's styles. 
http://www.dragginjeans.com/category.aspx?categoryID=34

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »
Those look nice.  I'll run those by her as well.  Thanks.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Wyntress

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2012, 04:46:37 PM »
Hi!!  I have the Draggin jeans for women, and I will tell you right now they are the most uncomfortable jeans out there.  The thighs are very tight, and the waist sits very high, above the navel type of high.  They ride low in the back and rise in the front when I ride, the exact opposite of what they should do.  Now, for the record, I am 5'9", and do weightlifting, so while I am not huge by any means, the pants are just too tight around the thighs for me.  To get a pair to fit properly, I have to order 2 sizes up from what I typically wear.  Depending on what size your wife wears, I have a size 10 pair (brand new with tags still on them, never worn) that I would send her to try.  If she liked them, they are hers.  If this sounds ok, just pm me and let me know!!!  I hope she finds a pair that she likes.  Chaps are ok, but they are really hot, and a pain in the ass when we (women) have to goto the bathroom, take them off, and put them back on....  lmao  :)
Raven Stryker owner, and lady rider!!  :)

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2012, 04:56:07 PM »
Hi!!  I have the Draggin jeans for women, and I will tell you right now they are the most uncomfortable jeans out there.  The thighs are very tight, and the waist sits very high, above the navel type of high.  They ride low in the back and rise in the front when I ride, the exact opposite of what they should do.  Now, for the record, I am 5'9", and do weightlifting, so while I am not huge by any means, the pants are just too tight around the thighs for me.  To get a pair to fit properly, I have to order 2 sizes up from what I typically wear.  Depending on what size your wife wears, I have a size 10 pair (brand new with tags still on them, never worn) that I would send her to try.  If she liked them, they are hers.  If this sounds ok, just pm me and let me know!!!  I hope she finds a pair that she likes.  Chaps are ok, but they are really hot, and a pain in the ass when we (women) have to goto the bathroom, take them off, and put them back on....  lmao  :)

hmmm never thought of the bathroom thing.  I'll have to talk to her about that...same goes for the heat...its kinda hot here in Baton Rouge for us since we're used to riding in Minnesota.  Personally I prefer kevlar pants over chaps.

Have you tried the SHift brand one's.  They didn't fit my wife but might fit you.  Nice cut, comfortable ( I have two pair of the men's one's) and they breath better than other's I've tried.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Wyntress

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

hmmm never thought of the bathroom thing.  I'll have to talk to her about that...same goes for the heat...its kinda hot here in Baton Rouge for us since we're used to riding in Minnesota.  Personally I prefer kevlar pants over chaps.

Have you tried the SHift brand one's.  They didn't fit my wife but might fit you.  Nice cut, comfortable ( I have two pair of the men's one's) and they breath better than other's I've tried.

No, I haven't.  Will check them out though.  The most comfortable pair I have ever had were from Shift, the Shift Silhouette jeans...but of course they quit making them!!  This pic is I have on the Shift jeans, and to show my relative size as far as the Draggin jeans.
Raven Stryker owner, and lady rider!!  :)