Author Topic: Which pipes to get? Cobra or V & N  (Read 3191 times)

kreed020

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Which pipes to get? Cobra or V & N
« on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:35:39 pm »
Can't make up my mind between the Cobra swept and the V & N 2-2.  Any issues with these pipes?

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Which pipes to get? Cobra or V & N
    « Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:44:44 pm »
    Both are great pipes, you're just gonna have to make a choice...  ;D

BK

• 2009 Raven Raider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Warrior
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:59:14 pm »
    I finally decided on the V&H 2 into 2, hope to get them in the next couple of months.

• Advertisement

Budzo

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      « Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:04:10 pm »
      If you like to tinker with baffle changes for sound or performance, get the Cobras.  VH 2-2 is a large diameter pipe and aftermarket baffle options are limited.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »
      If your gonna be riddin two up with a woman with sensitive ears go with the cobras. I have the v&h and have to keep her lugged down kinda because the pipes. But v&h looked better to me .
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

silverstreek

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »
      Before adding V&H 2/1 on my Raider, I thought about adding the V&H 2/2's because I liked the look better. My problem was no-one could tell me if the factory already added the O2 sensor bung into the pipes on the 2/2's? I opted for the V&H 2/1 because all I had to do was screw the existing O2 sensor in place where the factory supplied the bung already welded into place.

I can't complain about the look. The V&H 2/1 pipes do work rather well with the Cobra Fi2000 Powerpro. The only bad thing was after adding the Powerpro, the exhaust sound got much deeper. I even added a quiet baffle which made little difference. I will say she sounds good when pressed, though I don't think I'd want to be a passenger?  O8O

Dudeman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Warrior
      « Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2012, 06:32:51 pm »
      Do the Cobra Swepts allow you to switch the passenger pegs around? My wife can't ride now because they are too high.
      Sent from my TRS-80 using BASIC

fenderless 33

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2012, 06:47:13 pm »
      Dudeman I would like to know same thing. My wife has rather long legs and is a little cramped . Someone has to know.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2012, 07:02:54 pm »
      Before adding V&H 2/1 on my Raider, I thought about adding the V&H 2/2's because I liked the look better. My problem was no-one could tell me if the factory already added the O2 sensor bung into the pipes on the 2/2's? I opted for the V&H 2/1 because all I had to do was screw the existing O2 sensor in place where the factory supplied the bung already welded into place.

I can't complain about the look. The V&H 2/1 pipes do work rather well with the Cobra Fi2000 Powerpro. The only bad thing was after adding the Powerpro, the exhaust sound got much deeper. I even added a quiet baffle which made little difference. I will say she sounds good when pressed, though I don't think I'd want to be a passenger?  O8O

With the V&H 2n2 the factory 02 sensor works .  I have been thinkin about gettin another baffle for mine . I like it but she dont.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2012, 07:04:50 pm »
      Do the Cobra Swepts allow you to switch the passenger pegs around? My wife can't ride now because they are too high.
      The V&H 2n2 . You cant flip them around . I have tried it twice.

silverstreek

• Road Star
      « Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2012, 07:39:41 pm »

With the V&H 2n2 the factory 02 sensor works .  I have been thinkin about gettin another baffle for mine . I like it but she dont.

Have you tried smartpartz.com? I got the so called quiet baffle for mine (part number SPZVHBR2N1 for $49.95) I was going to remove the factory baffle, but actually installed the Hard Kore baffle inside of the original baffle.

The biggest change in exhaust noise was after I added the Cobra Fi2000 Powerpro! The exhaust sound now has a much deeper tone to it. Although it's not as annoying as it used to be. Even with two baffles inside of the pipe, she still rumbles when you twist the throttle!  :o

kreed020

• Road Star
      « Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »

Have you tried smartpartz.com? I got the so called quiet baffle for mine (part number SPZVHBR2N1 for $49.95) I was going to remove the factory baffle, but actually installed the Hard Kore baffle inside of the original baffle.

The biggest change in exhaust noise was after I added the Cobra Fi2000 Powerpro! The exhaust sound now has a much deeper tone to it. Although it's not as annoying as it used to be. Even with two baffles inside of the pipe, she still rumbles when you twist the throttle!  :o

Do you mean the pipes are louder when you added the Power Pro?

kreed020

• Road Star
      « Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2012, 02:43:12 pm »
      Thanks for all the tips fellas. I'm going with the Cobra's!

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »

Mine actually got quieter after i added the power pro??

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:19:31 pm »

Mine actually got quieter after i added the power pro??

Don't say that.  You'll talk me out of ever getting the Power Pro.