Raider Patches

Author Topic: Factory Tires  (Read 1545 times)

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Factory Tires
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »
Here are some interesting stats on the life of the factory tires.

http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=9720.msg190981#msg190981

Wide range in mileage. Nobody knows what Dreadly was doing to get so many miles. He must have left some steel on the road near the end.  ;D
jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

Jeremy

• Ride to Live, Live to Ride
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
Hey Guys, sorry for the slow response.  I have just over 7,000 Miles on the tires.  When parked for the winter it is put on a motorcycle stand and not on the concrete, the date on the tire is 9/10 which would be about right since the bike is an 11.  I am thankful I seen this as I was considering just replacing the back tire for the time being.  Looks like she is getting two new shoes now, but that is ok, that just means my rims are going to get Powder Coated this winter too!  ;D

Coldfinger

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »
My 2009 has 7950 miles and the original tires.  The front still looks good.  The rear is due. 

A few months ago I took my other bike on a trip to Colorado, about 1600 mile round trip, because at that time the Raider had just over 5000 miles and was getting real close to the wear bars on the rear tire.  I thought for sure it wouldn't last another 1000 miles so I took the Concours. 

Now here I sit more than a few thousand miles later and the tire is finally to the point where it's past the wear bars and I don't feel guilty that I'll be tossing out a tire with some life left because at this point, it is worn out to my satisfaction, though I'm going to continue to ride it locally and break the 8000 mile mark.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »
Will the avon front tire last as long as the avon rear tire ?
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
Will the avon front tire last as long as the avon rear tire ?
I got 19,000 out of my first Metz front....my last Avon front I only got little over 9,000 but after talking to an Avon rep he said it must of been a bad tire..he said that happens.....Ok after talking to an Aovn rep sounds like I should of ended up with some cologne