Author Topic: Which Tsukayu Coner Bags???  (Read 3452 times)

h00sierh0rn

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Which Tsukayu Coner Bags???
« on: Dec 06, 2012, 12:26:43 pm »
This is a question for the folks with Tsukayu hard bags.  I'm looking to order some, but I don't see any listed as compatible with the Raider.

For which bike did you order your bags (if any)?  Was there a Raider option, or did you go with something like a Roadliner?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
    • SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Which Tsukayu Coner Bags???
    « Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2012, 12:47:00 pm »
    Go here:  http://www.tsukayu.com/Coner.htm  click on order button then type in Raider for Bike, you will get the proper bags and mounting hardware for the Raider.  If you don't feel comfortable with that just give them a call and order.  Hope this helps.

h00sierh0rn

• Road Star
    « Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2012, 01:10:51 pm »
    Thanks, Bill.
    I called.  For some reason, Raider wasn't on the website for the Coners. They confirmed this to be the case...

Now I need to convince myself to spend the money...  I'm on the way.

• Advertisement

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »
      Thanks, Bill.
      I called.  For some reason, Raider wasn't on the website for the Coners. They confirmed this to be the case...

Now I need to convince myself to spend the money...  I'm on the way.

Pull the trigger, you won't be sorry, the Tsukayu bags are awesome.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2012, 02:13:21 pm »
      I have the Coner and did non-bike specific so they don't pre-drill holes.  That's pretty much the only difference.  Then you can mount it however you want.

h00sierh0rn

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »
      I have the Coner and did non-bike specific so they don't pre-drill holes.  That's pretty much the only difference.  Then you can mount it however you want.
      what mounting bracket did you get?  i was under the impression the brackets are bike specific, more so than the bags themselves.

i guess i'm gonna have to look at how you have yours mounted vs. others...

Biker Cowboy

• Two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway = Shining Times
      • Roadliner
        • Motorcycle Touring on Freedom Road
      « Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »
      Yep... I did the unpainted, undrilled Coners too... So I could mount them where I wanted, hang my plate under etc. I got the mounts they recommended. I thought I remembered them being specified for the bike. I did add a 1/4" aluminum spacet tween the mount and the bag to give the lid proper clearance.
      When the world is crushing your soul... Put two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway... and leave your burdens behind...

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:48:13 am »
      what mounting bracket did you get?  i was under the impression the brackets are bike specific, more so than the bags themselves.

i guess i'm gonna have to look at how you have yours mounted vs. others...

I don't think they're specific. They're very generic brackets that has one hole that bolts to the fender struts and two holes that bolt to the bags. If you drill the holes in the bags yourself you can position them at pretty much any height and angle you want them at. 

This picture was taken so that I could send it back to Phat Performance because of the pinhole in the finish. I wasn't too thrilled about that.  Tsukayu did get a new one out to me quickly and didn't require me to send the old one back.

« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2012, 09:50:57 am by Ares X »

Biker Cowboy

• Two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway = Shining Times
      • Roadliner
        • Motorcycle Touring on Freedom Road
      « Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2012, 11:34:28 am »
      here's a shot of how I installed a 1/4" aluminum shim so the lids cleared the bolt head into the fender strut cleanly. Without 'em I had to be careful to pull the lids "out" a touch opening or closing them...

... also where/how I brought the wires for the tail lights through... works for me.
      When the world is crushing your soul... Put two wheels on a Ribbon of Highway... and leave your burdens behind...

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2012, 11:46:04 am »
      I had to do somethign similar to that on tha back bracket so they would fit when the QR backrest is in place.  I used a chrome spacer I picked up from some other part I didn't need it for.

I am considering running lights into mine.  I just haven't been able to take that plunge and drill extra holes into the bags.

h00sierh0rn

• Road Star
      « Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:43:05 pm »
      Thanks for the info, guys.

I'm gonna sit on the idea for a while...  I'm not sure how I feel about a bagger with the rear tire showing after all...

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:01:44 pm »
      Thanks for the info, guys.

I'm gonna sit on the idea for a while...  I'm not sure how I feel about a bagger with the rear tire showing after all...

Add a L&M full wrap back fender and then it wont be an issue.  I'd love to do one, but it would mean changing so much of what I've already done to the bike.