Raider Patches

Author Topic: Seriously considering  (Read 366 times)

3fan4evr

• Dread the Red !!
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Seriously considering
« on: Dec 09, 2012, 02:49:10 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPUG3EG85_c

http://www.lynnisenhour.com/

While in the NAVY back in the late '70's, I was stationed in Alameda, Ca., & Lemoore, Ca. I got to see alot of the wonderful sites that grace the Cali countryside. However, this was done from a cage. I am now saving my pennys to have Lynn take me back to that magical place that I miss so much. Luckily for me, he is based in Winston-Salem, N.C. only about 1 1/2 hrs. from Raleigh. To me, it would definitely be a vaca of a lifetime :)
Yes, I'm a SOA fanatic

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously considering
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2012, 10:29:35 AM »
Interesting.  While I haven't done it on motorcycle, I found taking tours was a little bit of an odd experience.  You always seem stuck doing things on their time table rather than your own which kind of bothered me.  However, I can say that I wouldn't have found some of the scenic locations in Australia without a guide...would have gotten lost and eaten by crocs.

I think tours are kind of hit and miss.  Some are great some are really bad.  The best you can do is either know someone who took one that you trust and listen to what they say or gamble and trust the reviews online.

Kick Logic To The Curb!

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Seriously considering
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2012, 11:23:20 PM »
I agree with Capt, paying someone to show me around is not my cup of tea.  What if I want to see a little bit more of an area, is he going to accommodate, I doubt it.  He is on a schedule.  The cost is going to be so much more to have your bike transported, the thought of that brings back nightmares of my own shipping fiasco.  Then you have to pay for airline tickets, all your food, drinks and room and any other incidentals.

I say if you want to take a trip to an area you have not been to before just ask on a forum like this and I am sure you can get many responses from members that live in the chosen area to reply with what to see and where to go.