Author Topic: Opinions on Speedy Solo Kit  (Read 5906 times)

BigBowy

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Opinions on Speedy Solo Kit
« on: Dec 10, 2012, 07:55:45 pm »
Hi group.  Just checking in and looking for opinions, comments, concerns on the SSK.  Hope everybody is riding and I hope it is warmer than it is in Kansas.

Good day...

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
    • Warrior
    Re: Opinions on Speedy Solo Kit
    « Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »
    Great quality kit, IMO it should be a factory installed part.  I have one for each of my seats. 
    Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
    • Warrior
    « Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:43:31 pm »
    Cold in Arkansas today.... 70 yesterday and mid 30s today..... But that's what's good about AR... Don't like the weather? It's gonna be different tomorrow
    Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

• Advertisement

Skullz

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »
      I actually didn't even know about it so I'm glad you posted. I currently use the suction cup method but I'm going to be getting paint done and the suction cups tend to leave marks. I think your kit combined with some 3M protective film will do the job for me. I plan on ordering within the next few months.

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:42:00 pm »
      Mine been on several months now. I love way, I can pop off and on in a couple mins. Works  great.
      [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed

BigBowy

• V Star
      « Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:39:31 am »
      Great.  Thanks for the input.  In regards to the paint on the fender.  I'm still not sure if the passenger seat would actually damage it or not.  That's why I recommend to leave the factory square clear pads on or install a fender bib.  I guess I should focus on this issue...

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      « Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:40:55 am »
      i have the mustang bib, does just fine and then its already on there covering the old bolt holes for when the seat comes off. 

BigBowy

• V Star
      « Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:41:09 am »
      I actually didn't even know about it so I'm glad you posted. I currently use the suction cup method but I'm going to be getting paint done and the suction cups tend to leave marks. I think your kit combined with some 3M protective film will do the job for me. I plan on ordering within the next few months.

So would you put the film over the entire fender under the seat or cut circles where the rubber pads on the seat meet the fender?

BigBowy

• V Star
      « Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2012, 10:42:00 am »
      i have the mustang bib, does just fine and then its already on there covering the old bolt holes for when the seat comes off.

Yes, the bolt holes is one reason I got the mustang fender bib.  Plus I think it looks cool.

Skullz

• Road Star
      « Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2012, 11:11:38 am »

So would you put the film over the entire fender under the seat or cut circles where the rubber pads on the seat meet the fender?

I was thinking about doing the entire area under the seat. Sometimes when I ride without the seat or a rack I'll have a backpack on that will scuff up the fender.

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      « Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2012, 04:02:46 pm »
      is mustang the only option for fender bib for the raider?  mine just doesnt lay flat and is kind of flemsy....I swear i saw a picture of a raider the other day with a different bib that looked good...which i could remember where I saw it

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      « Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2012, 04:04:50 pm »
      My only other issue is, I am soon going to get a seat pan from L&M to build my own low seat.  I am a short legged guy, and i have a problem burning my suit pants to my pipes (mortons) when i ride to work.  The L&M pan requires the rear seat bracket to be removed from the seat, im pretty sure.....Im just going to use the L&M seat for around town, and then put my comfort cruise with backrest on for highway or weekend trips

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2012, 07:00:40 pm »
      I have skulls  where my bolt holes are  and when seat on fits right over them with out problem  I left the factory clear on the fender . It really not that noticeable  to other people . We know its their so we wwwthink about it.
      [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed

2wheeler

• V Star
      « Reply #13 on: Dec 14, 2012, 08:34:43 am »
      Works great! Plugged the holes with black plastic auto tabs that I picked up a Lowes, and replaced the rubber pads with suction cups (also from Lowes). Great buy, and easy fix.
      Thanks BigBowy

BigBowy

• V Star
      « Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2013, 11:06:44 am »
      FYI, I updated the installation instructions for this.  Visit www.speedysolokit.com for the link.  Thank you all for the help. 

P.S.  I rode around yesterday it was 30deg F I got a chill and a thrill.   :raider: