Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Freedom Performance  (Read 5389 times)

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Freedom Performance
« Reply #30 on: Dec 20, 2012, 07:11:00 AM »
It was $522 shipped to me on Amazon and Physic is right they do have a flutter sound on decel.

2015 WEST CENTRAL RAIDER RALLY
Black Hills SD Area-June 11-15, 2015
Check out the WCRR website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

BigBowy

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 20, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »
Dang, this thing blew up!  Thanks for all the great info guys.  And thanks for the extra effort with videos.  Much appreciated. 

Merry Christmas.  We just got snow so I guess I'll have to wait till the roads clear up to ride...

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:26:54 AM »
Dang, this thing blew up!  Thanks for all the great info guys.  And thanks for the extra effort with videos.  Much appreciated. 

Merry Christmas.  We just got snow so I guess I'll have to wait till the roads clear up to ride...

Oh yeah. Forgot why this thread was started and who started it for a bit there. We should thank you, BigBowy for starting an interesting topic. Now I know to go on Amazon before ordering from Cruisercustomizing or Bikebandit or something.

Good thread.  :thumbs:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

skull rider

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec 21, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »
had the hardKromes ...Like the FP better have a couple of pics in my gallery, they do sound great loud when you hammer it mellow when you need to be....po po  I should note that Sneakypete  was one of the first to go with these pipes he has some really good vids on youtube thats what sold me..http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=12382
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2012, 09:01:50 AM by skull rider »

L.T.T.

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 24, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
Update...

28degrees,, christmas eve,,,, I said screw it i'm going out to try these new pipes..... Fu#$ing A, these pipes sound great..  :thumbs:
2004 ZX10R... Modded and sold
2007 GSXR 750... Modded and sold
2008 M109R-- Seriously modded and sold
2011 Ninja 1000-- modded and sold
2012 Raider S-- current ride

PhysicsDude55

• You see a motorcycle. I see a blank canvas.
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
    • My website of things I own and have created.
« Reply #35 on: Dec 24, 2012, 08:13:15 PM »
Update...

28degrees,, christmas eve,,,, I said screw it i'm going out to try these new pipes..... Fu#$ing A, these pipes sound great..  :thumbs:

:snowing: O8O :yourock:  :yay::ihntasiajptrmpc:
260 Rear Tire, Freedom Curves exhaust, DIY BAK, DIY integrated turn signals, DIY sidemount plate.  More to come.

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 30, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
I have big plans...

Legend

• What got you here won't get you there...
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jan 02, 2013, 10:48:26 PM »
Prior to this I had the Reaper tips on in stock set up and they provided a noticeable difference as well (are loud given the Resonating effect w/o baffles, muffler etc.).  I thought I'd miss that sound.  These are a great pipe.  They are not obnoxious (noticeably louder than stock) but have a nice deep bellow at idle - but when you punch it they will wake the town. 

I've won or placed in every loud pipes contest I've entered - 2nd or 3rd only to custom choppers with bigger 120 ci engines such as Big Dawgs, etc.) by 1 or 2 decibels.  Not to mention they are just a sick looking chopper custom pipe - the tips, curves heat shield, chrome, etc, do accentuatate the bike.

Be carefully to make sure the chrome exhaust flange cover for the rear is placed on first over the exhaust port studs.  Made the mistake of placing it after the flange onto the header pipe and over-torked when tightening bending the header pipe flange in trying to get the cover flush with the port.  I told them their instructions could have been clearer, they agreed and sent me a replacement header.  That's the kind of company they are.

The price fellow members are mentioning aren't bad either.  Without saying ideally you would also need a tuner and optimize the air intake for max effect (performance and sound).
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2013, 09:53:12 PM by Legend »
Knowledge is nothing without execution

umpire3

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »
I'm not a dealer nor have I have any thing to do with this CraigsListing: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/3507983366.html.

BigBowy

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jan 09, 2013, 11:01:08 AM »
I'm not a dealer nor have I have any thing to do with this CraigsListing: http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/3507983366.html.

Those are all straight pipes and discontinued items.  I called him.  Thanks for the post though, I'd be looking at the sharp curve radius.

r.borders

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:40:50 PM »
I know this is a long shot, but has anybody heard the FPs next to Mortons' pipes? I'm looking at what to do to replace my pipes from the wreck a few weeks ago and and not sure if I want to get a new set of Morton's or maybe these.... I loooooooove the sound of the Morton's, but am not all that thrilled with the amount of dragging I was doing with them. Also, I do kind of wish they had heatshields, but that's not really all that big a problem for me. The last thing that bothered me about them (which may have totally been my fault) was that they started getting weird blueish spots on them, mostly along the upper portion of the pipes (i.e. the parts facing the sky) from about 1/3 of the way down their length to near the ends. Reason I say it might have been my fault was that I'd taken it to the carwash a handful of times and used a pressure washer on the pipes while they were hot. Probably wasn't good to temperature shock them that way....

Did I mention though that I looooove the sound of the Morton's?

Legend

• What got you here won't get you there...
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jan 10, 2013, 11:14:28 PM »
That's called bluing which is typical of most pipes.  Can be attributed to tuning or running hot in some instances (air /fuel ratio slightly off).  It will occur faster when not tuned versus tuned and cannot be eliminated - just slowed down with improved tuning. 

The FP's sound nice and have a heat shield along the length of the pipes - mine are even blued underneath as you mention and will occur most near the header/exhaust port (hottest point).  But, the heat shield totally covers the header/exhaust pipe.  I thought about the Morton's and LA Choppers but the tips got me on the FP's!
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2013, 11:30:45 PM by Legend »
Knowledge is nothing without execution

r.borders

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:14:01 AM »
That's called bluing which is typical of most pipes.  Can be attributed to tuning or running hot in some instances (air /fuel ratio slightly off).  It will occur faster when not tuned versus tuned and cannot be eliminated - just slowed down with improved tuning. 

The FP's sound nice and have a heat shield along the length of the pipes - mine are even blued underneath as you mention and will occur most near the header/exhaust port (hottest point).  But, the heat shield totally covers the header/exhaust pipe.  I thought about the Morton's and LA Choppers but the tips got me on the FP's!

I don't think this is that kind of bluing, as its not anywhere near the headers - it starts down about 1/3 of the way down the length of the pipes and is only on the parts of the pipes that face the sky, not the ground. I also forgot to mention the pipes are powder coated.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:16:47 AM »

I don't think this is that kind of bluing, as its not anywhere near the headers - it starts down about 1/3 of the way down the length of the pipes and is only on the parts of the pipes that face the sky, not the ground. I also forgot to mention the pipes are powder coated.

Sun burn?   ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

r.borders

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jan 11, 2013, 04:52:26 PM »

Sun burn?   ;D

Haha, I'll lather some SPF on it next time I'm out