Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Raider bagger...what fenders/bags?  (Read 1168 times)

zslow6

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Raider bagger...what fenders/bags?
« on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:04:21 AM »
Hey guys! Looking for a little advice. This is what im thinking...I want to do either the low and mean reaper rear fender or the mean cycles pointy fender (input is appreciated) with a set of hard bags. I want a pair that will flow with the fender but also come low...around the swingarm? I know exhaust clearance is an issue so i was thinking of doing a shorty curve type exhaust that dumps somewhere in the front of the rear tire (input is appreciated). Also i have a body guy so was thinking of making some pieces to clear the gap between bags/fender. What i would like to know is what bags you guys think would look good and what exhaust? Also any other comments/opinions would be appreciated!

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Raider bagger...what fenders/bags?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:24:25 AM »
I'm a fan of the Tsukayu bags and you can pretty much mount them where ever you want to.  I think the Coner and the Strong bags look great on the Raider. This could change with a different back fender, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure which Mean Cycle fender you're referring to.  I checked their site and all I found was the Low & Mean rear fender.

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2012, 01:08:52 PM »
I'm a fan of the Tsukayu bags and you can pretty much mount them where ever you want to.  I think the Coner and the Strong bags look great on the Raider. This could change with a different back fender, but I doubt it.

I'm not sure which Mean Cycle fender you're referring to.  I checked their site and all I found was the Low & Mean rear fender.

+1 on the Tsukayu bags, they are awesome and don't cost you an arm and a leg.

zslow6

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »

http://www.meancycles.com/images/inventory/modelParts/modelPart_6830.jpg

The only reason i was thinking something like this is it seems when you do the turn signal they are recessed

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »

The only reason i was thinking something like this is it seems when you do the turn signal they are recessed

With that fender they are probably using the following brake/turn signal set-up.

http://www.lowandmean.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypagelm.tpl&product_id=35&category_id=32&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=60

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »

That looks to be this L&M Reaper Fender to me.  L&M also sells a Reaper Fender Brake Light kit that borders the bottom of the fender and personally I think it looks insane.  I would love to do this to my Raider.

I don't think Mean Cycles is a manufacturer for anything, but just a reseller.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:55:33 PM »
Bill beat me to it on the lights.   Someone walked up before I hit the Post button.

spreston

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2012, 04:15:53 PM »

Not sure who makes that fender, but it is not a L&M reaper. Looks like it is probably metal as thin as it is in the back.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2012, 04:29:46 PM »

Not sure who makes that fender, but it is not a L&M reaper. Looks like it is probably metal as thin as it is in the back.

You're right.  It's got to be a knock off then. It's very similar.

I think I'd go with the L&M Reaper. I love that thing.

zslow6

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2012, 02:39:53 PM »
Yea i like them both! The only reason i was looking at the other one is if you look at the rounded version it seems as tho the lights are recessed...nice little touch i think.

zslow6

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
I guess now the trick will be finding a set of bags that will flow well with that style fender and be large enough so they dont sit super high off the ground. Im not worried about clearance since i already scrape my v&h 2-2 since i lowered it  :-\