Author Topic: Rise and Pullback  (Read 4718 times)

Michiana_Raider

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
Rise and Pullback
« on: Dec 11, 2012, 01:33:24 pm »
I almost purchased a Wide Glide before I found the Raider. Thank goodness for that! But I like the bars in the below picture of a Wide Glide, specifically I like that the bars follow the rake of the forks, and the grips are a little higher and come back towards me.  I want to site back in the seat a little instead of reaching forward for the bars.  The Raider is currently very comfortable when I ride, I would just like to be moved back a little and have a different look.

Do you guys have any suggestions as far as needed risers, and pullback.  What is the stock rise and pullback.  When I sit on the bike I would like my hands a little higher and back.
Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    Re: Rise and Pullback
    « Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2012, 01:45:12 pm »
    Do a search for exactly those topics and you'll probably be a bit overwhelmed at all the info you found about it.   There are many options to do exactly what you want.

chalomalo

• Road Star
      • https://www.google.com/maps/place/900+Henderson+Ave,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94086/@37.3582543,-122.0046932,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb5e4a8e04429:0xb98b58565cc11616?hl=en-US
    « Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:58:15 pm »
    One of the members on this forum - t84a - found and posted this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Rox-Speed-FX-Series-Handlebar/dp/B0052YK270/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354892979&sr=8-2&keywords=rox%20speed%20risers&tag=vig-20

They pivot. Otherwise, if you like the ape hanger look, you'll go through the same hassle I'm going through right now. I'll post a picture of the bars I got from a vendor I think should be on the black list.
    Regards,
    chalomalo

• Advertisement

Ron505

• SEA-ROAR Member
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:49:45 am »
      I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive at death safely.

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
        • Right A Way
      « Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2012, 08:16:42 am »
      Stock measurements here...   http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/StockBarsOne.html

I'll just warn you if you use these measurements to buy bars, you'll be disappointed. I bought 3 and ended up returning them. The measurements are their best estimate. I finally called ant takled to the guy and he said that most of the info was acquired from different sources and there is no standard applied.
      Ken
      2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

umpire3

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2012, 10:35:10 am »
      Maybe this will help in idenitfying dimensions of the bars you want : http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/StockBarsOne.html

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:03:54 pm »
      Am i right . Rise is the hight. Pullback is straight back right ? My bars are perfect height width and all . Just need to be back about 2 to 4 inches. I would want to order bars that have 9 inches to 11 inches of pullback. ?
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
      • Raider
        • Right A Way
      « Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2012, 03:19:08 pm »
      Am i right . Rise is the hight. Pullback is straight back right ? My bars are perfect height width and all . Just need to be back about 2 to 4 inches. I would want to order bars that have 9 inches to 11 inches of pullback. ?

That depends. Are you going with T Bars or are you keeping the risers?
      Ken
      2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2012, 04:00:13 pm »
      I havent looked at any much really . T bars and the  Bars like are on Ghostr8r Z bars

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2012, 07:16:01 am »

If you measure the stock bars from the center of where the riser bolts onto the triple tree straight out to where a line would go from tip to tip of the grips they are 11" of pull back.  I got bars that have 13" of pull back measured that way and they are perfect for me now.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2012, 08:22:04 am »

If you measure the stock bars from the center of where the riser bolts onto the triple tree straight out to where a line would go from tip to tip of the grips they are 11" of pull back.  I got bars that have 13" of pull back measured that way and they are perfect for me now.
      Your about 6ft1 right bill ? I ant but around 5ft 8 but my wingspan is closer to 6ft2 The stock bars are ok for now . But sooner or later one day when the money tree starts producein again.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2012, 08:32:58 am »

Your about 6ft1 right bill ? I ant but around 5ft 8 but my wingspan is closer to 6ft2 The stock bars are ok for now . But sooner or later one day when the money tree starts producein again.

WOW!!  Dude... you're right!!   ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2012, 08:40:23 am »

WOW!!  Dude... you're right!!   ;D

Na nothin at all like that .. My upper body ant like that at all. I would be doin some major situps and pushups if i looked like that ;D  My hands make up most of it same way with my feet.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2012, 08:45:43 am »

6'3", and yes T they do stack it that high.  I saw bags of it at Walmart stacked higher...  :rotfl:

silverstreek

• Road Star
      « Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2012, 03:25:54 pm »
      I almost purchased a Wide Glide before I found the Raider. Thank goodness for that! But I like the bars in the below picture of a Wide Glide, specifically I like that the bars follow the rake of the forks, and the grips are a little higher and come back towards me.  I want to site back in the seat a little instead of reaching forward for the bars.  The Raider is currently very comfortable when I ride, I would just like to be moved back a little and have a different look.

Do you guys have any suggestions as far as needed risers, and pullback.  What is the stock rise and pullback.  When I sit on the bike I would like my hands a little higher and back.

Don't forget to take into consideration your clutch and brake hoses, as well as the throttle cable. Measure them first to make sure you won't need to buy longer ones depending on how much larger the new bars are from the original bars. We'd hate to see you get the right bars only to find out you'll need to order longer hoses and cables after you've torn everything down. Finally, if you decide on bars that bolt directly to the top tree, you may want to be sure they'll fit the riser bolt hole spread in the tree itself before tearing everything down. Some on this site have ordered bars they were told the riser spread is the correct spacing only to find out they don't after going through the trouble of pulling the wiring through the new bars.