Raider Patches

Author Topic: The Raider is Gone  (Read 1791 times)

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Raider is Gone
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »
When i get another bike i am going to get a hayabusa. So i always have a bike if one needs to be repaired or fixed. I like the raider but i got it for cruisein around.
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

street racer

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2012, 07:55:02 AM »
Thanks for all the replies !! I do think the Raider is the best cruiser around and thats why I owned one. The 2012 ZX14R is no comparison for comfort or cruising. It is "crazy fast" and serves a whole different purpose.
I have been riding it on the "low" power setting until I can get used to the acceleration. It is the first bike I have ever owned that doesnt need more power. I have no plans to give it more HP !! And HAPPY NEW YEAR  to all you guys!!! Stay safe !!!

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2012, 08:09:44 AM »
I give you 12 months before you will regret those words :)  Friend of mine just turbocharged one of those

As a friend of mine once told me: Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Wout67

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2013, 05:21:15 PM »
My Concours14 has the same engine, although they detuned it a little for touring.

Still, the front tire will get air at 85, and you can break 110 on a short freeway onramp.

I also had it up to 105 on an uphill onramp with a passenger.  I had to.  I was passing Harleys.

Most of the time, I don't ride like that, obviously. It's just nice to have that kick if you need it.

I'm not sure if the ZX14 is the same, but if you keep it under about 4500rpm, its as mild as a summer breeze.  However, pull in the clutch, drop it down a couple of gears, get some rpms, and hang on. It's like a shot off of a flight deck.

Ride safe, my friend.