Raider Patches

Author Topic: Raider S scale model  (Read 4895 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Raider S scale model
« Reply #45 on: Dec 18, 2012, 09:17:07 AM »
Not sure metal or aluminum are the right material. The entire motorcycle is plastic, which is odd because I thought diecast was always metal.  I guess not.  I doubt I'll mod this bike beyond painting it.  Like I said last night, had it been a larger version, then I would've given it a shot.

I could make cobra exhaust out of a plastic tube from the inside of a lotion or hairspray dispensor and heat it and then bend it into shape and then cool it quickly to get the right look. 

Magik

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Dec 25, 2012, 01:47:56 AM »
This is so cool.  I wanna get one.  I hope I can find one at my local Toys R Us.
Aloha

102~2~113

• Big Brother
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Dec 25, 2012, 10:53:51 AM »

Got my set from my lovely daughters.  Thanks for the heads up from the OP and Merry Christmas to all!

GlacierBlue

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
I think you meant...the slowest color...right? We all know the the Raven Raiders are the fastest Raiders!  ;D

OK...I turn the forum on to the Raider S scale model and I get insults from a couple members.  In spite of that, I'll turn you on to another opportunity.  ToysRUs now has the 2011 Raider S available in RED, although I don't know why anyone would want one in RED when they can have it in GLACIER BLUE.

You can order online at http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12854392 if your local store doesn't have it.  For those that were overwhelmed with the Christmas chaos, the stores should be calmer now.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2013, 07:52:35 PM by GlacierBlue »
Chris in Edinboro PA
2011 Raider S in Glacier Blue

T-Bird

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Jan 08, 2013, 07:54:01 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I've got one one in glacier blue and now I've got to find one in red.
Red meat is not bad for you.
Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

RangerRick

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Jan 08, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »
I think you meant...the slowest color...right? We all know the the Raven Raiders are the fastest Raiders!  ;D

OK...I turn the forum on to the Raider S scale model and I get insults from a couple members.  In spite of that, I'll turn you on to another opportunity.  ToysRUs now has the 2011 Raider S available in RED, although I don't know why anyone would want one in RED when they can have it in GLACIER BLUE.

You can order online at http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12854392 if your local store doesn't have it.  For those that were overwhelmed with the Christmas chaos, the stores should be calmer now.

Your not the only one they have picked on  ;) Hell they had a thread going on forever slamming each other over which color was\is the fastest\slowest.  :rolleyes:
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

jkimmel

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Jan 08, 2013, 08:29:17 PM »
glacier blue here too!

The car guy

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Jan 08, 2013, 10:10:26 PM »
If they do a black one, then I'd get one... Thanks for the update.. :)

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Jan 09, 2013, 01:53:08 AM »

Your not the only one they have picked on  ;) Hell they had a thread going on forever slamming each other over which color was\is the fastest\slowest.  :rolleyes:

It did not go on forever, otherwise it would still be active. :rolleyes:  So now I need to get a red one to keep the blue one company.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

A.T.

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Jan 09, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »

Buy one and get it custom painted....

RangerRick

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:25:30 AM »

It did not go on forever, otherwise it would still be active. :rolleyes:  So now I need to get a red one to keep the blue one company.

well your right there.  ;)  But in my book it got old in a hurry  :rolleyes:
2009 Raider XV19CYS
ANG Member 25 years
Retired Aug. 1, 2010

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Jan 09, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »

Buy one and get it custom painted....

If I could afford custom paint, I'd have the big one done ...:D

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

Matt St. John

• Come and get some.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »

Highwayman, I don't know about that, but there is a company in Australia that sells a die cast Raider S in Raven.

http://www.diecastcaronline.com/2010-yamaha-raider-s-118-die-cast-bike-redblack-mmm450-p-415.html

Not sure, but at first glance, appears to be the same model as the Toys R Us model except for the color.  Problem is they have a minimum order and shipping from Australia is expensive.  If anyone wants to arrange a group buy of these, I would take one.

We tried that previously and they never shipped and the money had to get refunded. Plus even with the group rate it ended up being more for shipping than the cost of the model.

Legend

• What got you here won't get you there...
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:50:41 PM »
Nice friggin post!!!  Totally awesome!  I'm looking tomorrow for one to add to my collection. ;D Thanks O8O
Knowledge is nothing without execution

Legend

• What got you here won't get you there...
  • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Jan 09, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
...Everyone knows - Raven is the hottest... lol :agree: :agree: :thumbs: :poke:
Knowledge is nothing without execution