Author Topic: LED"S installed  (Read 3092 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: LED"S installed
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2012, 10:07:58 am »
I found that doing it through Autozone is actually not all that badly priced.  They even have a patch panel with a whole mess of ports to tie all the connections into one spot.  After installing a kit I realized just how easy it was and how I could've done the whole thing all along.  The nice thing about getting it from AutoZone too is that you can start with a few strips at a time and not get hit with a large bill all at once.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2012, 02:28:07 pm »
    I found that doing it through Autozone is actually not all that badly priced.  They even have a patch panel with a whole mess of ports to tie all the connections into one spot.  After installing a kit I realized just how easy it was and how I could've done the whole thing all along.  The nice thing about getting it from AutoZone too is that you can start with a few strips at a time and not get hit with a large bill all at once.
    I may just start over and use the auto zone stuff and put the other kit on my 700Grizzly
    Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
    Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    « Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2012, 02:48:56 pm »
    I may just start over and use the auto zone stuff and put the other kit on my 700Grizzly

The red MAX LEDs matched the color of my Custom Dynamics red kit really well, so you may be able to combine them.   You can also order MAX LEDs online, so if you know what you want, you may save some money that way.

• Advertisement

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2012, 03:09:23 pm »
      Thanks for the info Ares X!
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Morax

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2012, 07:40:53 am »
      def. the way to go, its the same leds as the "kits" but as stated you go with what the pocket tells you you can go. PLUS when folks say hey what do you want for xmas, you give em the part number, and anyone can get ya strips... then you just add at your leasure... this reminds me i need some leds...

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2012, 08:44:16 am »
      def. the way to go, its the same leds as the "kits" but as stated you go with what the pocket tells you you can go. PLUS when folks say hey what do you want for xmas, you give em the part number, and anyone can get ya strips... then you just add at your leasure... this reminds me i need some leds...

That's what I told my wife... "If the kids happen to ask you what to get me for Christmas, tell them MAX LEDS from AutoZone."

Morax

• Road Star
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2012, 05:04:54 pm »

That's what I told my wife... "If the kids happen to ask you what to get me for Christmas, tell them MAX LEDS from AutoZone."

yep, yep i did too... even went so far as to tell them who to talk to behind the counter to get the right ones and a better deal!! hahahha