Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: Yamaha knows which bike is their flagship motorcycle...  (Read 2738 times)

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha knows which bike is their flagship motorcycle...
« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
Raider has been the best selling road bike for the dealer here in Des Moines the last few years as well.

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
Don't say anything to anybody, but even if Yamaha didn't offer any kind of incentive I would still have one.  Let's face it, looks, performance, quality construction, durability, warranty, good pricing and on the most part pretty good dealerships. Tejas sets the bar but there are other very good dealerships around a country.  The Raider is the flagship for sure but it is also the frosting on the cake of a very good product line.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
Don't say anything to anybody, but even if Yamaha didn't offer any kind of incentive I would still have one.  Let's face it, looks, performance, quality construction, durability, warranty, good pricing and on the most part pretty good dealerships. Tejas sets the bar but there are other very good dealerships around a country.  The Raider is the flagship for sure but it is also the frosting on the cake of a very good product line.

:agree:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Kit Sullivan

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
  Don't get to jacked up too much by the fact that Yamaha has the Raider on the mailings sent to you. They know what you bought previously and send propaganda to you based on that. They probably have the same offers on mailings with near every bike in thier line-up.
"If it ain't broke...fix it 'til it is!"

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »
  Don't get to jacked up too much by the fact that Yamaha has the Raider on the mailings sent to you. They know what you bought previously and send propaganda to you based on that. They probably have the same offers on mailings with near every bike in thier line-up.

I would accept that except the last bike I purchased was a Stryker.

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »
When I bought the VStar 1100 classic back in 2000 all the mailings I got from Yamaha featured the Royal Star,  as the Royal Star was fading the Roadstar Silverado was on my mailings and now it is the Raider.  Beleive it or not but someday Yamaha will have a new development that will become the Flagship and then we will see a new face on the mailings.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2012, 05:01:49 PM by SLK »

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »
When I bought the VStar 1100 classic back in 2000 all the mailings I got from Yamaha featured the Royal Star,  as the Royal Star was fading the Roadstar Silverado was on my mailings and now it is the Raider.  Beleive it or not but someday Yamaha will have a new development that will become the Flagship and then we will see a new face on the mailings.

I am thinking that won't happen for some time yet...  ;D

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:33:32 AM »

I'm trying to picture what Yamaha could come up with to top the Raider. A Raider Deluxe? Ghost Rider's Demon chopper? A flying Raider? Yeah, a Raider that flies! That's the ticket!

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »

I'm trying to picture what Yamaha could come up with to top the Raider. A Raider Deluxe? Ghost Rider's Demon chopper? A flying Raider? Yeah, a Raider that flies! That's the ticket!

... with ray guns....   ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »

and a flux capacitor  :rotfl:

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:49:28 AM »

Don't forget a dilithium crystal warp drive powered engine ;D ;D

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:55:45 AM »
Oops I forgot, countious run gyroscope for constant balance eliminating the need for a kick stand and putting your feet down at stop swings and lights. Plus a Con so you just enter your present coordinates and destination coordinates and chosen speed hit engage then sit back in the captains chair and enjoy the ride.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
Oops I forgot, countious run gyroscope for constant balance eliminating the need for a kick stand and putting your feet down at stop swings and lights. Plus a Con so you just enter your present coordinates and destination coordinates and chosen speed hit engage then sit back in the captains chair and enjoy the ride.

I just thought that was implied by "flying Raider."  ;D

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 20, 2012, 10:59:53 AM »
Oh oh, I also forgot a communication center using a very tiny Lt. Ohuru with that oh so senses voice to keep you informed and all channels operation so as to avoid the LEOs and to keep any significant other informed so you will never be in trouble.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Dec 20, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »

Don't forget a dilithium crystal warp drive powered engine ;D ;D

So... I guess that means the 120 kit is now "standard"?    :rotfl:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D