Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Riding Boots...What Kind?  (Read 3821 times)

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Riding Boots...What Kind?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
I have foot problems so I wear a pair of doc martens that I've had since '92.  Thinking about getting some Milwaukee's though.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

SLK

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2012, 02:49:38 AM »
I have always had good fit and durability with wolverine boots.  My boots serve me year round for work, riding, yard work and even hunting so I wear ones that generally have 200 weight insulation. 
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

Maxxheadroom

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Halo Customs
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2012, 03:11:45 PM »
These are the boots I wear for riding and work, I had severe foot problems prior to switching to these boots, within a couple weeks my foot problems were completely gone. The boots lace but also have a full length zipper. http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Footwear/Safety-Toe-Boot/ATAC-8-Shield-CSAASTM-Boot.html

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 26, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »
Arai cowboy boots (with high grip sole) for short/medium trips (under 4 hours).  Got some US made riding boots for longer rides, sorry can't remember brand.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 26, 2012, 09:20:16 PM »
I have a pair of Red Wings that have held up very well for many years.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 27, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
I went to a Red Wing shoe store...I will say by looking at the price tags...they think very highly of their footwear!! I also thought it odd...in this big ol store...with literaly hundreds of boots....they do not carry waterproof boots that are NOT insulated  :o They will be glad to order them...take my 345.00$ then in 4-6 weeks I should have them  ??? Anyway...thanx for thought Mr T and I will say that you telling me they have held up well for many years....will get me to consider them in the future....350.00 just sounds like a steep price to pay for boots but...if I dont have to buy another pair for years it is probably worth it.

Maxxheadroom

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Halo Customs
« Reply #21 on: Dec 27, 2012, 11:08:56 AM »
I forgot to mention the tactical 5.11 boots are waterproof, and insulated. For $160 they are a steal!!! Also the safety toe is a composite toe they are very light weight boots.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 27, 2012, 11:28:45 AM »
I went to a Red Wing shoe store...I will say by looking at the price tags...they think very highly of their footwear!! I also thought it odd...in this big ol store...with literaly hundreds of boots....they do not carry waterproof boots that are NOT insulated  :o They will be glad to order them...take my 345.00$ then in 4-6 weeks I should have them  ??? Anyway...thanx for thought Mr T and I will say that you telling me they have held up well for many years....will get me to consider them in the future....350.00 just sounds like a steep price to pay for boots but...if I dont have to buy another pair for years it is probably worth it.

I didn't pay that much.... My buddy owns a Harley and I visited a HD dealership with him... Found that pair of Red Wings (no HD logo) for half price.  Look around, you should finds them for less.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

WilCon

• Search police and general nuisance.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 27, 2012, 03:16:42 PM »
I wear a pair of Xelement motorcycle boots, DR Martens or a pair of Red Wing Motorcycle boots depending on the day. The Xelement boots were the least expensive at $62 shipped to me, they are super nice quality leather, not faux leather but real leather with Goodyear welt construction. For the money the best deal but I wear boots every day and I like to rotate them to keep them nice.
The above post is strictly the opinion of the poster, disregard as necessary.

If the above post is in RED then it was a moderator talking, you should pay attention.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »
I wear a pair of Xelement motorcycle boots, DR Martens or a pair of Red Wing Motorcycle boots depending on the day. The Xelement boots were the least expensive at $62 shipped to me, they are super nice quality leather, not faux leather but real leather with Goodyear welt construction. For the money the best deal but I wear boots every day and I like to rotate them to keep them nice.

I have some Xelement Lugz too. They're very comfortable and look good. My Xelement boots last longer than the the River Road ones I used to have. http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcycle-Boots/Xelement-Mens-Motorcycle-Harness-Biker-Boot-with-Lug-Sole/42057.html

You can usually find a 10% discount coupon too if you just google "leatherup.com coupons" or something.
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Smokin_Indy

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »
Has anyone tried Rocky C4 Trainer Army Desert Tan Lightweight Boots - http://www.uspatriottactical.com/rocky-c4trainer-lightweight-boots.html
Smokin_Indy - aka Mark

2008 Raider S

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 27, 2012, 08:50:10 PM »
I forgot to mention the tactical 5.11 boots are waterproof, and insulated. For $160 they are a steal!!! Also the safety toe is a composite toe they are very light weight boots.
I wear non-insulated boots. I live in Michigan and used to hunt alot...and no matter how much I spent on insulated boots that promised warmth without sweat...I found that to be BS...my feet will sweat in ANY insulated boot made...hell...it's rare they dont sweat in non-insulated boots.  :(

pjcria

• Rom 6:23 <><
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »
I'm not a fan of HD but they have some nice cloths. Theisens a local store here puts boots on sale all the time. I picked up this pair for around $90. They have a full length zipper on the other side. I wear full gear and one leg goes through the pants when I put them on or off, so one boot is allways coming off and that zipper is great for that.

WilCon

• Search police and general nuisance.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 28, 2012, 07:25:15 AM »
I had that pair without the zipper for 14 years. They finally wore out to the point I got rid of them. Greatest pair of boots in history. BTW I paid the exact same price on sale.
The above post is strictly the opinion of the poster, disregard as necessary.

If the above post is in RED then it was a moderator talking, you should pay attention.

Semper Fi Dawg

• Raider
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Dec 28, 2012, 01:10:26 PM »
Here is my new pair , plus has the EG&A on the side !!