Author Topic: New @#$% bars UPDATE!  (Read 5358 times)

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: New @#$% bars UPDATE!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:16:14 pm »
I paid for them on a credit card so.. I do have some leverage. We'll see.  :rolleyes:
"Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
May your road be smooth yet twisty.
Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Brad de Leon

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2012, 07:10:11 pm »
    I'm so happy, just bought punisher 13" bars that I will get for Xmas. They are black and I have to strip and get chromed. Having just read thru this thread I just can't wait to see how bad these bars are.  Got them cheap caus the welds were not ground smooth, seems a minor problem which I can fix before I chrome.
    Figure I can take a torche to them to adjust geometry if not to far out of alignment. Just can't see a way to enlarge the hole at the right angle turn for wires.  Hopefully they go thru without chafing a short.
    Thanks for all the tips in advance.

silverstreek

• Road Star
    « Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:29:04 pm »
    I paid for them on a credit card so.. I do have some leverage. We'll see.  :rolleyes:

Madcow, not sure if you got your bars finished or not? If you haven't? Once you get them I'd install the bars first before running any wiring into them. I found out when dealing with mine it was much easier pulling the effin wires through these pain in the ass bars with them mounted. It seems the 1-1/2 bars are huge on the outside, but must only have about 1/4'' inside. I ended up staggering the wire ends so I could pull them through.

Another thing, if you need some new 18 guage wire with numbers already printed on them to pull through the bars because youe original wiring got chewed up? Let me know the length you'll need. These are factory marked from 1-36.  Send me a PM with your address and I'll send them to you ASAP! But hopefully you're already done being this project started in early November?

Silverstreek

• Advertisement

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #33 on: Dec 28, 2012, 06:38:13 am »
      Silverstreek,

Thank you for your kind offer.  The guys at custom perfromance set and broke 3 dates with me so, I gave up. Currently I am in the middle of swapping the bars through phat for a set of LA bars.
      "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
      May your road be smooth yet twisty.
      Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
      I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
      And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

silverstreek

• Road Star
      « Reply #34 on: Dec 28, 2012, 07:37:55 pm »
      Silverstreek,

Thank you for your kind offer.  The guys at custom perfromance set and broke 3 dates with me so, I gave up. Currently I am in the middle of swapping the bars through phat for a set of LA bars.

I feel for you! I and many others on this site know how much of a pain pulling the factory wiring into the new bars can be. Even getting the factory wiring out of the OEM bars is a pain! I also can't believe what Phat put you through? I've dealt with them for about six years now, and never had a problem getting them to replace something that didn't work on my Yamaha's. I'm guess as with everyone else these days, they are the new and improved Phat? And we all know what happens when something is new and improved? They suck!

By the way. If you have a hard time locating parts in the future, and none of the site sponsors are able to help you out? I deal with a guy Joe Major for most of what I buy. If interested you can reach him at joe@americanclassicmotors.net         Joe has gone the extra mile for me. Plus if he says he either has something, or can get it? He delivers on his promise! Just tell him Bob at FinishLine Automotive told you to contact him directly.     

One last thing, my offer for the wires is still good! If you'd like me to send you a section of wiring? I have plenty of it. We use wiring like this in elevator installation, so they are 18 gauge stranded wire (like Yamaha uses for it's wiring) with the numbers printed on them. It really makes it easy because there is no guess work after pulling them in place. PM me if you need some!

Good Luck,

silverstreek