Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: How do you like your Profiler gas cap?  (Read 3034 times)

BK

• 2009 Raven Raider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How do you like your Profiler gas cap?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 29, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »
If the stock cap is too big and ugly to some, mine will be completely overwhelming to those!  ;D

It is kind of big but I actually like it.
"kind of big"...thats some funny shit right there...I dont care who ya are  ;D

You are right Highway, I should have thought before I wrote that one...... :rotfl:

Disaster Follows Me

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
Sorry all.  I know this thread has cooled off for a while, but I got something in my stocking from Santa which might help with the small hole problem.  Check this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-OEM-YZF-R6S-Filler-ABA-0SS56-20-19/dp/B008210DVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1357755196&sr=1-1&keywords=mccuff

It's a small hard rubber cuff which seals the space between filler hole and fuel nozzle.  It allows you to simply fill the tank and know the tank is full when it automatically cuts off.  It does a great job and kept my pretty black tank gasoline-free.

Don't know if it'll help anyone, but it's a pretty slick solution for the price.

I believe there's room for all of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
Sorry all.  I know this thread has cooled off for a while, but I got something in my stocking from Santa which might help with the small hole problem.  Check this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-OEM-YZF-R6S-Filler-ABA-0SS56-20-19/dp/B008210DVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1357755196&sr=1-1&keywords=mccuff

It's a small hard rubber cuff which seals the space between filler hole and fuel nozzle.  It allows you to simply fill the tank and know the tank is full when it automatically cuts off.  It does a great job and kept my pretty black tank gasoline-free.

Don't know if it'll help anyone, but it's a pretty slick solution for the price.

There's an old thread with that sort of a 'devise" talked about with both pros and cons.  I'll have to see if I can find it..... tick, tick, tick...

Found it!!

See.... that didn't take long.   ;D
http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=17127.0
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2013, 12:27:43 PM by Mr. T »

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »
I was looking for that, T.  I don't think that solves the problem of the vent hole in the cap. 

Starky

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jan 09, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »
I have one of those and don't reccomend it.  It does not cause the nozzel to shut off like it claims and gas sprays out when it is full.  I have tried to use it several different ways and have not had any luck.
You can run, but you will only die tired.
From a place you cannot see comes a sound you will never hear.

Chance13

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jan 09, 2013, 03:26:03 PM »
Where did you guys get the profiler

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
 RAIDER!!!!!

Disaster Follows Me

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jan 09, 2013, 03:51:02 PM »
I have one of those and don't reccomend it.  It does not cause the nozzel to shut off like it claims and gas sprays out when it is full.  I have tried to use it several different ways and have not had any luck.

Sorry to read that, Starky.  Granted, I've only been able to use mine once, but it did a great job with the fuel nozzles we have around Reno.

I believe there's room for all of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jan 09, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »

Barons...

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

BK

• 2009 Raven Raider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:45:06 PM »

Chance This is were I got mine.  Just scroll down the page a bit you will see it.

http://www.sscustomcycle.com/products/customizing/Yamaha/v-max.shtml

Chance13

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 10, 2013, 05:12:01 AM »
Thanks guys, found it...

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
 RAIDER!!!!!

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jan 10, 2013, 08:56:46 AM »
Got mine from LA Choppers thanks to them donating gift certificates for WARR and then I got an extra one cheap for test fitting to the Stryker.  My wife didn't end up wanting it because she didn't like the idea of the smaller fill hole and it being harder to see inside, so I sold it to Matt for what I paid for it.

Starky

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jun 19, 2013, 11:50:17 AM »
I'm digging this thread back up because my epoxy on my low profile cap just let go.  Glad I did a search on this.....Ares, how did the JB weld hold up?  Did you have to remove all the old epoxy or just go over what was on there?  I think I have had mine on for 3 years now.  I think I tightened my cap down a little harder than usual last time I got gas and when I went to take the cap off to put gas in the whole thing turned.  Not sure if I got pieces of epoxy in my gas so I'll have to drain it just to be safe.  I didn't fill the tank all the way up and just incerted the whole thing back in the hole.  I'll have to be carefull riding home tonight so I don't splash gas all over myself.  What do you think the chances are?
You can run, but you will only die tired.
From a place you cannot see comes a sound you will never hear.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jun 19, 2013, 12:43:54 PM »
My epoxy let go in the first two weeks.  I'm pretty sure a piece fell into the tank, but I didn't find it when I drained it so I'm living on the edge, hoping the strainer on the fuel pump will find it. 

I re-glued it after cleaning the old stuff off, cleaning the sleeve and opening with alcohol, and used an epoxy that I have some experience and confidence with. 

It's holding tight, but I noticed I must have a small leak in the "seal" cause I get gasoline on the tank when make a hard right turn after filling up.  I'm thinking about saturating a string or something to wrap around and make sure I have a complete seal. 

I'm open for suggestions. 

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jun 19, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »
I'm digging this thread back up because my epoxy on my low profile cap just let go.  Glad I did a search on this.....Ares, how did the JB weld hold up?  Did you have to remove all the old epoxy or just go over what was on there?  I think I have had mine on for 3 years now.  I think I tightened my cap down a little harder than usual last time I got gas and when I went to take the cap off to put gas in the whole thing turned.  Not sure if I got pieces of epoxy in my gas so I'll have to drain it just to be safe.  I didn't fill the tank all the way up and just incerted the whole thing back in the hole.  I'll have to be carefull riding home tonight so I don't splash gas all over myself.  What do you think the chances are?

Mine started slipping like that when the epoxy let go as well. Unfortunately I found out just after filling the tank. I went to tighten it and it just kept spinning.  I had gas all over my tank on the two mile ride home. It was not cool. 

The JB Weld worked great and is not as permanant as you might think. I was able to break it loose from my old tank and reinstall on my new one.   I'm glad because I really like the cap.   I removed all of the old epoxy from the insert filler hole before reinstalling.  It broke loose pretty easily at that point.

GOOD LUCK!