My epoxy let go in the first two weeks. I'm pretty sure a piece fell into the tank, but I didn't find it when I drained it so I'm living on the edge, hoping the strainer on the fuel pump will find it.
I re-glued it after cleaning the old stuff off, cleaning the sleeve and opening with alcohol, and used an epoxy that I have some experience and confidence with.
It's holding tight, but I noticed I must have a small leak in the "seal" cause I get gasoline on the tank when make a hard right turn after filling up. I'm thinking about saturating a string or something to wrap around and make sure I have a complete seal.
I'm open for suggestions.