Author Topic: can someone help me please!!  (Read 3190 times)

DEVOE

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
can someone help me please!!
« on: Dec 26, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »
ive been on the net surfing for a programer basically i want something that is going to support future mods all ready have an intake  exhaust looking into the big bore kit and throttle body boring bigger injectors cam if its out there tryin to make the most power i can reliably  so ya back to the question at hand best programer / programer -chip etc thanks for the input  peace out !

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
      • Right A Way
    Re: can someone help me please!!
    « Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2012, 01:34:07 pm »
    There are really only two options, Power Commander V anf Cobra PowerPro. Opinions vary so do a search here on the forum. You should consider an ignition module as well. Ultimately, I will have the Power Commander V with the Autotune and ignition modules.
    Ken
    2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

Darthraider

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2012, 03:31:20 pm »
    I have Power commander V,never had a moments trouble easy to program and lots of options. :raider:

• Advertisement

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
      • Warrior
      « Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2012, 03:52:01 pm »
      from what all i have read ( i dont have either) the Power Commander is capable of more, and what it is capable of it can do more...make since? I have the old cobra unit and it sucks.......i will be buying a pcv soon
      Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      « Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2012, 04:18:51 pm »
      Have an PC III from the beginning and never had any trouble over the years.
      To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2012, 04:47:15 pm »
      The Cobra unit is plug and play.  Simple, stratightforward, but you have to settle for what it does (I hear it does pretty darn good).  As you mod the bike, the PowerAPro will adapt automatically.  You just can't tell it what to adapt to. 

If you like to tweak and tune and try different things, the PCV is what you want.  You can just get it tuned and leave it alone, but you can also tweak the tables using software you download and a USB connection. 

I have added the Autotune to my PCV so I can tune the air-to-fuel ratio (A/F) and make it run the way I want her to.  You if you have the Autotune, it will automatically re-tune when you to whatever A/F you have it set for when you make mods. 

If you don't like messin', just get the PowerPro.  If you like to mess, are a bit computer savvy, and aren't afraid to take responsibility for the tune of the engine. get a PCV and Autotune. 

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2012, 11:12:32 pm »
      I have the 120ci kit, port and polished heads and exhaust manifold, performance cam, BAK, V&H 2-1 and the Cobra Power Pro tuner.  so far I love it, the bike seems to be running a bit rich but I should be able to tune that out, I have the Gen 2 tuner.  I would really like to get a PCV with Autotune so I could compare the two with my build.

DEVOE

• Road Star
      « Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2012, 07:33:50 am »
      is that the autotune AT-300 ?

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
      • Raider
        • Right A Way
      « Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2012, 08:00:35 am »

Probably AT-200. Otherwise, you'll need to cut into both pipes.
      Ken
      2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2012, 09:58:36 am »

Probably AT-200. Otherwise, you'll need to cut into both pipes.
      t84a is right.  Most of us Raider riders are using the single channel AT-200.  The wide-range O2 sensor is located where it measures a blended exhaust so the Autotune/PCV adjusts both cylinders at the same time.  That isn't optimum for engine performance, but works fine for most street use (and costs less too). 

DEVOE

• Road Star
      « Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2012, 12:00:19 pm »
      all right thanks guys defiantly helped clear things up for me start ordering next week have a great new years  PEACE!!! O8O

Legend

• What got you here won't get you there...
      • DE, MD, Northern VA and South Eastern PA Riders
      • Road Star
      « Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2013, 11:06:47 pm »
      I would recommend the CobraFi2000 tuner.  It is plug and play as TRaider states and optimizes the air fuel ratio something like 80 times per second thought the  full throttle range.  Noticeable difference and will automatically optimize regardless of setup.  It is like having a full time dynojet. ;)
      Knowledge is nothing without execution

102~2~113

• Roadliner
      « Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:18:10 pm »
      I've got the Cobra PP and is what I need for my mods.  BAK and pipes.  I think you would want the PCV when you go past BAK and pipes to get the most from the more exotic mods.  There is a thread on the V2 PP where the adjustment types were detailed.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2013, 11:23:14 am »
      The Cobra unit is plug and play.  Simple, stratightforward, but you have to settle for what it does (I hear it does pretty darn good).  As you mod the bike, the PowerAPro will adapt automatically.  You just can't tell it what to adapt to. 

If you like to tweak and tune and try different things, the PCV is what you want.  You can just get it tuned and leave it alone, but you can also tweak the tables using software you download and a USB connection. 

I have added the Autotune to my PCV so I can tune the air-to-fuel ratio (A/F) and make it run the way I want her to.  You if you have the Autotune, it will automatically re-tune when you to whatever A/F you have it set for when you make mods. 

If you don't like messin', just get the PowerPro.  If you like to mess, are a bit computer savvy, and aren't afraid to take responsibility for the tune of the engine. get a PCV and Autotune.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
      Also with the PCV you can get free maps here on the site that might work for your setup.  If money is tight wait on the autotune and try a few maps first.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2013, 03:33:46 pm »
      Does the Raider use the Dual Channel or Single Channel Auto tune for PCV?  And would $529.95 be a good price for both the PCV and Single Channel Auto Tune in a combo deal?  Both brand new.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2013, 03:40:40 pm by Bad Luck Bill »