Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: Suggested Video Camera?  (Read 2286 times)

CoastalTrader

• WARR 2012
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested Video Camera?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2013, 01:50:01 PM »
Good grief, I am up to my arm pits in out of date camera equipment and have been looking at at getting another slr and another video and now you all come up with this thread and have me looking at a third new unit. :witsend: :witsend:

HEY !   You could always get a good video camera and slap it on the front of your snowmobile and then post up a video about how you developed an awesome set of high performance winter tires for your Raider !  :rotfl: :rotfl:

"Life... it's all about the ride."

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:17:12 AM »
Good grief, I am up to my arm pits in out of date camera equipment and have been looking at at getting another slr and another video and now you all come up with this thread and have me looking at a third new unit. :witsend: :witsend:

HEY !   You could always get a good video camera and slap it on the front of your snowmobile and then post up a video about how you developed an awesome set of high performance winter tires for your Raider !  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Now I will have to buy a snowmobile, sheeeeesh this is just getting way out of hand  ???
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2013, 09:22:41 AM »
Not sure how good they are but I bought one of these on clearence at target for the nephews for xmas.

They were on sale for $24 and you can buy accessories for differrent mounting options and a waterproof case.  You have to buy one of those little trans flash memory cards seperate but they are cheap enough.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Disaster Follows Me

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2013, 11:12:47 PM »
I hope I'm not too late to join this discussion, but I'd like to add another vote for the GoPro Hero; specifically, the Hero 3 series.  I just did a ton of research before Christmas and this little camera is nothing short of amazing.  It comes with a water-proof housing and its low-light capabilities are outstanding.  One of my favorite features is the wireless remote.  The remote has a huge RECORD button which is very easy to operate with a gloved finger.  It's not the cheapest on the market, but I think it's features and capabilities make it a great deal for the money.

As always, your mileage may vary.

I believe there's room for all of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

JazzyzGurl

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
    • SCRC Chapter 171
« Reply #34 on: Jan 07, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »
Has anyone tried/heard anything about the new Sony HD Action Cam?  I hadn't heard about it until today ...

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jan 07, 2013, 11:26:47 AM »
Has anyone tried/heard anything about the new Sony HD Action Cam?  I hadn't heard about it until today ...

Sounds like "someone" has some reasearch to do.   ;D

Let us know what you find out.    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:47:37 PM »

Jazzyzgurl I don't own one but went to the site and read the reviews.  I think that UgoBugo with his review tells alot about the Sony HD Action Cam.  There are 14 total reviews 3 gave it 3 stars, 4 gave it 4 stars, 4 gave it 3 stars and 3 gave it 1 star.  One of the 5 star ratings had not even received the camera yet.  Here is the link, just click on the reviews tab to see them all, hope it helps...

http://store.sony.com/p/Action-Cam,-Compact,-Rugged,-HD-video,-action-camcorder,-Go-Pro,-Skateboarding,-Cycling,-Hiking,-Wi-Fi,-AS15/en/p/HDRAS15/B#reviews

JazzyzGurl

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
    • SCRC Chapter 171
« Reply #37 on: Jan 10, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »
Thanks BLB!  I've read various reviews that lead me to believe the Sony isn't the best choice out there - and the reviews you refer to back that up.
I think what I'm looking for is outside of the norm, so finding the right camera is a struggle.  I can't see myself watching videos of my rides - but what I really want to capture is good-quality still shots.  I was a passenger before riding my own and sat on the back taking photos all the time of our trips; now I want the best of both worlds!  :rolleyes:

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jan 10, 2013, 10:25:57 AM »

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!