Author Topic: Thinking of buying a Raider. What are the pros and cons?  (Read 23506 times)

Gunner

• 2009 Red Raider S
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Thinking of buying a Raider. What are the pros and cons?
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2013, 02:56:57 am »
Pros: The power! I never had a Yamaha before, (Honda rider), like everyone will tell you, it sets you apart from other bikes in the looks department. I personally like the exhaust, it reminds me of an over/under shotgun.
Cons: When you are in a hurry, people tend to want to talk to you about what a bad ass lookin bike you have, and that it puts a Harley to shame.
I only ride rice, you don't need a trailer

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

RAWONE

• V Star
    « Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:15:52 am »
    Can't add anything that hasn't already been said, except...I have several bikes and this is my favorite for open-air cruising. ;D
    Bill Michelotti
    President
    RAW Design
    Metricfats.com
    bill@metricfats.com

"To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."

Sandbox

• Roadliner
    Thinking of buying a Raider. What are the pros and cons?
    « Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:43:30 am »
    Thanks for the replies.  My wife is 5-1 so she should fit back there well.  I'm 6-2 so forward controls are important.  I will either buy a used bike with an upgraded seat or put one on it along with a backrest.

Does anyone have the small sporty windshield?  How does it work?  I usually ride without a shield except for long trips.  I just want something to keep the wind from hitting me directly in the chest and causing a parachuting effect.

I'm 5' 11" and the Boulevard windshield puts the wind right across my eyes and nose. Not so bad with a full face helmet but, annoying as he'll with a half.

Sent from my iPhizzle using Tapatalk
    Current: 2006 Stratoliner
    SOLD: 2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

• Advertisement

Tail dragger

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:37:19 am »
      I'm 5'10" and put on the Memphis Shades Speed Demon shield last year for the winter to get the wind off my chest.  It worked and I've left it on through the summer although I'm not a shield fan (because of looks).  Only down side to this shield is if you have a quartering wind from the front, you get buffetting to the face.  But with that being said, nice to have the wind go go over your head.  Makes riding a lot more comfortable.

AlanW.

• Roadliner
      « Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:38:21 am »
      i have owned so many bikes i have lost count. The RAIDER is the best bike i have ever ridden. I can't think of a single con. My wife loves riding with me as long as i have the back rest on. The bike handles amazing and the power is 2nd to none.

If you decide to go with the RAIDER it will be the best decision you have ever made.

wmd raider

• V Star
      « Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:30:15 am »
      I love my raider it's been said great handling and power. If there is a con I would say for me it would be the suspension it's little stiff on long rides for me because I have back and neck issues. I have tried to get it soften and the shop said thats it. That being said I have suggested raider's to all my friends looking for a bike. For me it's the only bike I want to own right now. I think if you ride one you will fall in love with it.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:46:56 am »
      As has been said many times before..... don't go for a test ride unless you're ready to buy.... cause, even if you're not ready... you will buy.   ;D 

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

LeftyBiker

• V Star
      « Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:20:17 pm »
      Hmmm...I'm not sure what happened with the locked thread.  I accidentally double-posted yesterday, so I locked one, but this locked one too.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013, 04:24:12 pm by LeftyBiker »

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:25:37 pm »
      Hmmm...I'm not sure what happened with the locked thread.  I accidently double-posted yesterday, so I locked one, but this locked too.

I merged the two threads.  Which is why the first two entries are both yours...  ;D 

This thread is not locked... if it were, you would not be able to post something.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013, 04:29:02 pm by Mr. T »

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

LeftyBiker

• V Star
      « Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:30:38 pm »
      Thanks, I appreciate it.

Someone sent me an IM that they tried to post but it was locked.  When I looked at the thread, it had a locked symbol.  So I went into the thread and found an unlock button.

In the near future, I hope to be posting here as a fellow Raider owner.

fenderless 33

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:35:22 pm »
      I ride 90% of the time with a back seat driver. We have had numerous HD's and both the wife and I like this bike more than any other we have owned. It is a great bike and would buy another if I needed one in a heart beat.

Rickoless

• Dallas Fort Worth
      • V Star
        • You Tube of Freedom Performance exhaust on my Raider
      « Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:23:44 am »
      It's apparent that you have only been thinking and have not ridden one or we would not be having this  conversation. Go ride one and see. I'm on my second one with about 60000 miles between the two. Traded my 08 for a 12SCL. :-D
      Eat Right, Exercise and Die Anyway.

One thing that can be said about Harleys, 95% of them are still on the road today. The other 5% made it home. (Just playing ;o))

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:42:52 am »
      Pro's...Best power cruiser around...hands down.  I find that it is easier to do slow speed manuevering on the raider than on my old sportster.  The sportster also felt heavier due to its high center of gravity even though the sporty weighs 200lbs less.

Con's...Since hover bikes haven't been invented/perfected yet the raider will have to do.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

LeftyBiker

• V Star
      « Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:09:58 pm »
      Even if I rode one, I would still need to sell the Sabre and find a way to finance the Raider.  The problem with selling the Sabre is that I dropped it int he garage last summer and there's a sizable dent in the tank.

Gunner

• 2009 Red Raider S
      • Road Star
      « Reply #29 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:25:15 pm »
      Keep the Honda as well! You can never have too many bikes. ;D
      I only ride rice, you don't need a trailer