Author Topic: Thinking of buying a Raider. What are the pros and cons?  (Read 5614 times)

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Thinking of buying a Raider. What are the pros and cons?
« Reply #45 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:32:59 PM »
Welp, it was 42 degrees here today and sunny so I road my Sabre to the dealer to see what we could work out.    Unfortunately, they had only one sales rep today so I hung around for over an hour without any numbers nor a test-drive.  They'll call me this week with some numbers.

Good luck Lefty, I hope they treat you right and you will soon be on the back of your very own Raider.  If it's any consolation it took me over a year to get my Raider with trying to get rid of the HD and getting the build I wanted.  But in the end it was well worth the wait...  ;D  You won't be dissatisfied.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #46 on: Jan 08, 2013, 01:10:13 PM »
Welp, it was 42 degrees here today and sunny so I road my Sabre to the dealer to see what we could work out.    Unfortunately, they had only one sales rep today so I hung around for over an hour without any numbers nor a test-drive.  They'll call me this week with some numbers.

Good luck Lefty, I hope they treat you right and you will soon be on the back of your very own Raider.  If it's any consolation it took me over a year to get my Raider with trying to get rid of the HD and getting the build I wanted.  But in the end it was well worth the wait...  ;D  You won't be dissatisfied.

Keep us posted. And when you get your Raider don't forget to post some pics!  :raider:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

LeftyBiker

• V Star
« Reply #47 on: Jan 08, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »
I got a call from the dealer today.  They want too much for a 2010 NOS  ($14.5K List, $11.8K Offer) and they do not want to give me enough for my bike, which is what I expected.  I'll try to sell my bike outright, either to my son or other, and buy a good used Raider with the options I want.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »
I got a call from the dealer today.  They want too much for a 2010 NOS  ($14.5K List, $11.8K Offer) and they do not want to give me enough for my bike, which is what I expected.  I'll try to sell my bike outright, either to my son or other, and buy a good used Raider with the options I want.

NOS?
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

LeftyBiker

• V Star
« Reply #49 on: Jan 08, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »
New Old Stock (ie, a brand new leftover)

montanaweightlifter

• Road Star
    • Yahoo mail
« Reply #50 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:59:40 PM »
I have owned a 2010 deep blue raider s and got power hungry and traded it for a rocket 3. Here is my experience radier all in all a better bike fueling very steady and good power. Passenger seating poor and narrow would need to be changed for a russell day long. Had a mustang and the wife still did not like it. Did 130 downhill weighing 230lbs so the bike will get along well. Very good looking bike and handled and has good power. Own a Suzuki C109 and feel i the power is just as good with a heavier bike. Triumph I felt was more powerfull and a bit quicker but is also 2300cc. Anyway great bike and you can make it a great 2 up or a really great looking bike with good power 1 up. Would not hesitate to own a Raider again.
2013 Stratoliner S, Deep blue. 2008 Kawasaki zx-14 SE.

AZ~Raider

• RAIDER RIDER FOR LIFE ;o}~
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
« Reply #51 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:55:56 AM »
I have owned a 2010 deep blue raider s and got power hungry and traded it for a rocket 3. Here is my experience radier all in all a better bike fueling very steady and good power. Passenger seating poor and narrow would need to be changed for a russell day long. Had a mustang and the wife still did not like it. Did 130 downhill weighing 230lbs so the bike will get along well. Very good looking bike and handled and has good power. Own a Suzuki C109 and feel i the power is just as good with a heavier bike. Triumph I felt was more powerfull and a bit quicker but is also 2300cc. Anyway great bike and you can make it a great 2 up or a really great looking bike with good power 1 up. Would not hesitate to own a Raider again.
Totally agree with all that,,,, FYI fer ya, I got a Corbin heated seat and OMG love it and wife wants to ride all the time now. that stock pylon was terrible, probably the only con I have for the Raider.

jim

• Raider
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #52 on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »
you know....aside from the little chicken sh*t stuff  I am still trying to find a real "con" ... when and if I find one I'll let you know.. ;)

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

AZ~Raider

• RAIDER RIDER FOR LIFE ;o}~
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
« Reply #53 on: Jan 09, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »
you know....aside from the little chicken sh*t stuff  I am still trying to find a real "con" ... when and if I find one I'll let you know.. ;)
that because there in no con!!!!!! 8) :o 8)

Drifter

• V Star
« Reply #54 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:26:16 PM »
Traded in my 2006 Sabre for my Raider. Bought it used with low miles, no regrets plus I have a fuel gauge now!

Fn Up

• Roadliner
Thinking of buying a Raider. What are the pros and cons?
« Reply #55 on: Jan 12, 2013, 10:20:32 AM »
Lefty where are you located? Maybe check other dealers like Tejas. I was at the dealer I bought my joke from on Thursday and business is so bad they have moved to the used car market. They have 2 2012 Raiders (1 S and 1 non S) and they had them marked at like 13k. They also had a 2011 Strat Deluxe for $13.5 after rebates which really got me thinking!

Sent from my iPhizzle using Tapatalk
2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

LeftyBiker

• V Star
« Reply #56 on: Jan 12, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
Welp, the Sabre is gone but I don't have a Raider.  I bought a Honda VTX1800 instead (which was my second option).  The price was right and it has every option imaginable.  I took it for a test drive and it had me grinning from ear to ear.  The previous owner added Cobra pipes, upgraded air filter kit, power commander, Mustang Wide soft seat (the wife loves it), Switchblade windshield, sissy bar rack, and a luggage bag.  Like I said, I couldn't pass it up for the price, plus I talked them down $700.

Thanks to everyone for your help and ride safe!

r.borders

• Roadliner
« Reply #57 on: Jan 12, 2013, 06:12:45 PM »
Congrats! Looks like a nice ride - I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #58 on: Jan 12, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
Welp, the Sabre is gone but I don't have a Raider.  I bought a Honda VTX1800 instead (which was my second option).  The price was right and it has every option imaginable.  I took it for a test drive and it had me grinning from ear to ear.  The previous owner added Cobra pipes, upgraded air filter kit, power commander, Mustang Wide soft seat (the wife loves it), Switchblade windshield, sissy bar rack, and a luggage bag.  Like I said, I couldn't pass it up for the price, plus I talked them down $700.

Thanks to everyone for your help and ride safe!
Good luck to ya! Everytime I bought my 2nd option (no matter what it was) I spent most of my time wishing I bought my 1st option.

LeftyBiker

• V Star
« Reply #59 on: Jan 12, 2013, 08:56:29 PM »
Since I'd never actually ridden either, I don't feel I'm settling for second best after riding the VTX.  I'm sure both are excellent bikes.