Custom Raider

Author Topic: Kury License Plate Braket with Deuce Turn Signals  (Read 872 times)

beerguy973

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Kury License Plate Braket with Deuce Turn Signals
« on: Jan 12, 2013, 05:02:45 PM »
Since I've had my raider I wanted to get rid of that hideous eye sore my license palte and rear turn signals were mounted to. I like the look of the one Kuryakyn has for our bike and tried a couple times to make something I liked. Well after having to listen to me about how I didn't like the way it turned out  my wife bought me the Kury bracket for Christmas, god I Love My Wife!. Immediately after getting I knew that I had to get new turn signals, so I found these custom deuce style turn signals on J&P's web site and got the front fork light clamps from mortons. I finally got everything else in and started the project Thursday night. The directions for the bracket seemed easy enough, wrong!!!!!!! It was a bit of a pain in the butt to get in, the lights I did on Friday. All in all I really like the looks of the bike now. I will post picks in the next couple days. Once I was done my wife comes out and says she likes it and then asked me what I wanted to next to the bike. I told her to I wanted to get a Cobra Fuel Manager, she asked how much one costs so I told her and she said Okay. Did I say I Really Love My Wife!!!!!!

A.T.

• Raider
    • View Profile
Re: Kury License Plate Braket with Deuce Turn Signals
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the pics...

BTW:  where can I find one of them there sugar mommas? ;D

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »
Pics?

:popcorn:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

AZ~Raider

• RAIDER RIDER FOR LIFE ;o}~
  • Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2013, 11:51:24 PM »
Awesome, love the Kury look and even better to see that plastic mess of the rear of ALL raiders! :rolleyes: What were they thinking?

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2013, 03:11:33 PM »
That kury bracket is pain to install. 
I have big plans...

beerguy973

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2013, 03:20:36 PM »
Here are a few pics I took, I'll add the rest to my gallery later.

beerguy973

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »

I found it a little bit difficult to install, then after I was done I read where someone actually recommends removing the rear fender to install it. I would have to agree. And basically for the only one part. When installing you need to line up three different peices of the license plate bracket with the holes in the inside side wall of the fender. It's already a tight squeeze and makies it even tighter trying to work around the rear tire. Just to see the finished product though was well worth the aggrivation.

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2013, 03:33:47 PM »

I found it a little bit difficult to install, then after I was done I read where someone actually recommends removing the rear fender to install it. I would have to agree. And basically for the only one part. When installing you need to line up three different peices of the license plate bracket with the holes in the inside side wall of the fender. It's already a tight squeeze and makies it even tighter trying to work around the rear tire. Just to see the finished product though was well worth the aggrivation.
I took my fender off when I did mine. I cant imagine doing it while on.
I have big plans...

AZ~Raider

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »

i did it while it was on the bike.......oh Yeahhhh it was hard . but love the look. wiring was hard and took time to hide it.
I took my fender off when I did mine. I cant imagine doing it while on.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2013, 09:13:13 PM »
That's a good look.  Nice job.

To anyone else that is thinking about doing this, take the fender off.  Oh, ya!  Take the fender off. 

Ares X

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2013, 11:07:42 AM »
Definitely take the fender off.  I didn't and was ready to hunt down and kill the designer.  I was very happy with it once it was on.

This weekend I removed my back fender for the first time and was amazed how little time and easy it is to do. Remove the back fender.

beerguy973- Welcome to the forum!

AZ~Raider

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2013, 02:07:23 PM »
Definitely take the fender off.  I didn't and was ready to hunt down and kill the designer.  I was very happy with it once it was on.

This weekend I removed my back fender for the first time and was amazed how little time and easy it is to do. Remove the back fender.

beerguy973- Welcome to the forum!
:-X  :cus: :agree:

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2013, 02:54:03 PM »
Beerguy...good pics, and nice job. Those turn signals go well with the Kury subfender.

I remove my rear fender whenever I'm doing anything to the subfender. It's so much easier to work on, and you can see everything so much better. And you're right AresX, it is unbelievably simple to remove.

Once again, nice job on the mod, Beerguy.
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

wileecoyote

• "Winding road next 99 miles..."
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2013, 09:49:52 PM »
I just installed the License plate kit....PIA!!  Installed turn signals bracket wrong, so went to remove bolts - damn nylon nuts had to drill out one bolt head! After that debacle, trying to line up all three pieces to bolt ass'y to fender, screwed up threads in fender.  Retapped both sides of fender, and finally got it installed.  Good thing I took fender off.  Can't wait to see what BS the bike gods have in store when I replace headlight and turn signals!