Custom Raider

Author Topic: Listening to Tunes  (Read 1707 times)

basco05

• AG 05
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Listening to Tunes
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
:agree:  On the ear buds I have, the cushions are made of ear plug material so most of the wind/exhaust noise are isolated and all I hear is music.  So it really aggravates me when I pull up to a stoplight with my music cranked in my ear buds, but I can't hear my music, because some clown is sitting on his hardley  :biker: with ear plugs in blasting his crap music from speakers.  :banghead: :censored: :banghead: :censored:  :banghead: :censored:  Then I look at the cars around me, and can only imagine how annoying it is for them who aren't wearing noise isolating ear buds!

:rant:
There is no replacement for displacement

jim

• Raider
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2013, 01:15:46 PM »
Guess the issue about law would come into play... here its illegal to have plugs in both ears... Not much fun to listen to music in mono....

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong."

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2013, 01:34:37 PM »
:agree:  On the ear buds I have, the cushions are made of ear plug material so most of the wind/exhaust noise are isolated and all I hear is music.  So it really aggravates me when I pull up to a stoplight with my music cranked in my ear buds, but I can't hear my music, because some clown is sitting on his hardley  :biker: with ear plugs in blasting his crap music from speakers.  :banghead: :censored: :banghead: :censored:  :banghead: :censored:  Then I look at the cars around me, and can only imagine how annoying it is for them who aren't wearing noise isolating ear buds!

:rant:

My main ride is my soft top jeep.  And probably once a week, usually with my 3 year old daughter in the back seat I have to restrain myself from going postal on some little gang banger wannabee with their base so loud that its hurting my and my daughters ears in our jeep.  I've literally had the soft top windows pulsing from other peoples music.  Its pathetic.  Can't imagine what its does to their hearing let alone vibrating their car to death.  Often I see bikers with the loud speakers and feel the same way.  They don't hear emergency vehicles, they don't pay attention to the riders or cars around them.  Also they are usually some schlub on a harley wearing shorts and flip flops.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

Fn Up

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2013, 04:35:24 PM »
Guess the issue about law would come into play... here its illegal to have plugs in both ears... Not much fun to listen to music in mono....

At speed I can't hear anything anyways because of the wind so, I eaither wear ear plug or music so I can liten to tunes. So what's the difference? I would still argue that the average motorcyclist is far more aware of his surroundings than most cagers, with or without something in thier ears.
2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

magaffer

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2013, 11:42:39 PM »
Currently using this mount for my phone (iphone). http://www.aerostich.com/quick-release-phone-mount.html. Works great so far no signs of wear.
These Bluetooth headphones. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AFH2E8E. They have "inline" power, pause, skip and volume controls. Work best with a helmet, skull cap or bandana, they catch to much air when in the open. Battery life could be better..
Have been using these gloves. http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftr/gloves/cold-weather-gloves/body-geometry-element-wiretap. The allow you to work you touch screen without taking them off. Not for typing, but good enough to toggle between GPS and Pandora or Songza (when stopped of course).
My GPS app at the moment is WAZE. http://www.waze.com/. It has an option for the speed to be displayed, I have found it easier to see it than the one on the bike.
I ran a charging cable from under the seat to the bars to keep my phone charges while steaming and GPS usage. For those of you with the iphone it is a must to use those features all day.
All that said, I ride with my brother who has a HD ultra limitted. It has a tweater bar at the wind sheild and speakers in the lower faring. He is good about turing donw the voulume when stoped or moving slow. I would prefer HIS setup to mine, just anouther reason to find a "need"for a batwing.
My .02... Thanks

67p912

• Roadliner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2013, 02:03:59 AM »
I use the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 pro setup.  If I am in town I Bluetooth Sirius satellite radio via my cell phone that is my pocket.  If I am in spotty cell service areas I use my old cell phone to Bluetooth MP3 music while in my pocket.  It also adjusts volume when you go faster.  So far I have been pretty happy with it.

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »

Interesting ... didn't know their was such a law.

I only listen to tunes when on the highway ... in the city even going into year 4 I get a kick of out the sound of the exhaust and prefer to ride without tunes  ;D

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »

Interesting ... didn't know their was such a law.

I only listen to tunes when on the highway ... in the city even going into year 4 I get a kick of out the sound of the exhaust and prefer to ride without tunes  ;D

Minnesota is the same way.  Can't have 2 speakers or ear buds.  I've been pulled over for it and let off with a warning.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:32:27 AM »
Minnesota is the same way.  Can't have 2 speakers or ear buds.  I've been pulled over for it and let off with a warning.
On the highway or in the city?

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »
On the highway or in the city?

Anywhere in the entire state.  They say you can't hear emergency vehicles.  A lot of people, probably more than not do it anyway.  If you get pulled over it is probably because you got a dick cop hoping to find something else wrong.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:12:50 PM »
Anywhere in the entire state.  They say you can't hear emergency vehicles.  A lot of people, probably more than not do it anyway.  If you get pulled over it is probably because you got a dick cop hoping to find something else wrong.

I imagine it's probably similar here.

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »

I imagine it's probably similar here.
I checked the laws before I went out to North Carolina and saw there are several states with laws like that.  I very much ignored them.  Time flies when you have the tunes going
I have big plans...

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »
I checked the laws before I went out to North Carolina and saw there are several states with laws like that.  I very much ignored them.  Time flies when you have the tunes going

I ignore them as well - and didn't even know I was. lol

It would have to be a BIG ticket or a lot of them to make me stop.

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jan 15, 2013, 12:48:45 PM »

In Texas... the first offense is a warning... the second offense is an ice pick to the ear drums. 
Funny how there is nothing in between... :shrug:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jan 15, 2013, 01:03:09 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

In Texas... the first offense is a warning... the second offense is an ice pick to the ear drums. 
Funny how there is nothing in between... :shrug:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Kick Logic To The Curb!