Author Topic: Listening to Tunes  (Read 4500 times)

ROADKILL

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 20
Re: Listening to Tunes
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2013, 01:05:00 pm »
I checked the laws before I went out to North Carolina and saw there are several states with laws like that.  I very much ignored them.  Time flies when you have the tunes going

I ignore them as well - and didn't even know I was. lol

It would have to be a BIG ticket or a lot of them to make me stop.

In Texas... the first offense is a warning... the second offense is an ice pick to the ear drums. 
Funny how there's nothing in between... :shrug:
So there's nothing between your ears.....like we haven't already figured that out    :silly:

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
    « Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2013, 01:28:45 pm »
    I checked the laws before I went out to North Carolina and saw there are several states with laws like that.  I very much ignored them.  Time flies when you have the tunes going

I ignore them as well - and didn't even know I was. lol

It would have to be a BIG ticket or a lot of them to make me stop.

In Texas... the first offense is a warning... the second offense is an ice pick to the ear drums. 
    Funny how there's nothing in between... :shrug:
    So there's nothing between your ears.....like we haven't already figured that out    :silly:

Space.... the final frontier.    ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Chance13

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #32 on: Jan 15, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »
    I have the Beats ear buds and have no problems with them.

Put it in the wind, everyday is a good day to ride, if you have a
     RAIDER!!!!!

• Advertisement

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2013, 04:29:59 pm »
      I have been using an mp3 player with my handlebar mounted Pyle speakers...just ordered an xm radio to use instead. I suppose if ya dont like my tunes...wait 4 the light to change and u will be far enough in back of me where it wont matter anymore. If Im riding thru town I usually dont have my helmet on and it's really not that loud. If your in a car next to me at a light and your window is down...u will hear what Im playing...but not to where it will rattle your windows or you will have to talk louder to the person sitting next to you.
      I figure if Im in town and my tunes bother you...than my pipes damn sure are too...but I aint changin those either.

Sandbox

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2013, 05:43:23 pm »
      I'm going to stay away from the external speakers for now. Mostly because of cost. A buddy recommended a specific bluetooth headset that I'm going to try later on when the weather warms up enough to wear my half helmet. In the meantime, I remembered that a few years ago, me and a friend bought the Chatterbox GMRS X1 Bluetooth units to talk to each other. We have since went our seperate ways and it's been in a box ever since. I charged it up last night and synched it to my iPhone this morning. Worked great with the FF helmet! It's big and bulky attached to the side of the helmet but, I don't physically notice it while riding. Since I ride to "get away" and don't care to talk on the phone while riding, I ordered a set of headphones similiar to the headset but, without the mic and I'll plug them into the audio jack. I'm liking this setup so far!
      Current: 2006 Stratoliner
      SOLD: 2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »
      I'm going to stay away from the external speakers for now. Mostly because of cost. A buddy recommended a specific bluetooth headset that I'm going to try later on when the weather warms up enough to wear my half helmet. In the meantime, I remembered that a few years ago, me and a friend bought the Chatterbox GMRS X1 Bluetooth units to talk to each other. We have since went our seperate ways and it's been in a box ever since. I charged it up last night and synched it to my iPhone this morning. Worked great with the FF helmet! It's big and bulky attached to the side of the helmet but, I don't physically notice it while riding. Since I ride to "get away" and don't care to talk on the phone while riding, I ordered a set of headphones similiar to the headset but, without the mic and I'll plug them into the audio jack. I'm liking this setup so far!
      If your likin it...than thats what counts in my book   ;)