Raider Patches

Author Topic: Ride-On LED Smart Cap Tire Pressure Monitor  (Read 1937 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Ride-On LED Smart Cap Tire Pressure Monitor
« on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:43:39 AM »
Has anyone ever heard anything about or used the Ride-On LED Smart Cap Tire Pressure Monitor

For $37 you get two anti-theft caps that tell you if your pressure gets low.

Here are the details:

The led valve cap is a must for people that want to make sure that their tires are properly inflated. Once installed the valve cap will alert you if the tire pressure drops by 4 psi (with a +/- 10% accuracy). The bright red blinking led light will continue to warn you of low tire pressure for more than a month. Great compliment to Ride-On TPS Tire Sealant and Balancer.

• Free One Year Roadside Assistance Membership - Available in USA and Canada (For more details please see below.)
  • Easy to Install - Simply screw valve caps onto tire valve stems.
     Bright blinking LED light that is visible in daylight and night time.
  • Self-Calibrating - Automatically calibrates to pressure the tire was set at when the cap was installed. The same valve can be used with tires from 10 psi to 70 psi.
  • Automatically compensates for ambient temperature changes to avoid false alarms.
  • Comes with integrated anti-theft device.
  • Long lasting low pressure alert - blinking red light alerts of low pressure for 750 hours (more than a month)
  • Low battery alarm - the led valve cap will blink yellow for up to 100 hours to alert you that the batteries are running low.
  • Long Lasting 3 year battery shelf life.
  • Great compliment to Ride-On TPS filled tires - 100% compatible and now you can be alerted of a slow leak.
  • Proper tire inflation pressure helps extend tire life
  • Proper tire inflation pressure helps optimize fuel economy and save up to 3% in fuel.
  • Smart Caps are warranted for 2 years from the date of purchase to be free of manufacturing defects.

Manufacturer's liability is limited to product replacement or cash refund at its sole discretion.

Roadside Assistance Membership:
Your purchase of the Ride-On Smart Cap LED Tire Monitor may entitle you to a FREE ONE YEAR MEMBERSHIP to an exclusive roadside assistance program available in the USA and Canada.

Coverage for Motorcycles:
  • 15 Miles of towing per occurrence.
  • 24-Hour Emergency Fuel/Fluid Delivery.
  • 24-hour Battery Jumpstarts.
  • Maximum 5 Services Per Contract Period, 1 tow in a 72 hour period.

I am strongly considering getting these unless someone can tell me something is wrong with them.

There's a video where they're discussed on the link above.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2013, 08:47:54 AM by Ares X »

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ride-On LED Smart Cap Tire Pressure Monitor
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »
I don't think they fit metric tires....   ;D

Nice find... I like this.  I'm going to order a set. :thumbs:

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

arrowdriver

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2013, 09:18:56 AM »
Looks like a great idea to me (as someone who is BAD at checking tire pressure!).

The included towing service must be meant for Harley's though.....  15 miles?  That would get me from my house to the closes Yamaha dealer but that is about it.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »
Don't order these from Cruiser Customizing.  I just found them on the Ride-On website for a couple bucks cheaper ($34.99).  You can also get a 4-pack ( I assume for cars) for $69.99, but it only comes with one Roadside Assistance certificate, which isn't a big deal to me since my insurance covers roadside assistance.

The 4-pack has appeal since I'd want it for my wife's Stryker as well. She's worse at keeping up on her air pressure than I am.

The 4-pack also looks like it only contains one of the locking keys, so that could be an issue.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2013, 10:54:37 AM by Ares X »

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »
The sucky part is Ride-On offers free shipping for $75 and this would be $5.01 under.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
I called Innovex about the two products.  The motorcycle 2-pack comes with one locking tab and roadside assistance for a motorcycle only.

The auto 4-pack comes with two locking tabs and roadside assistance for an automobile only.

The sensors are exactly the same in either pack.

There's really no advantage to getting the 4-pack for bikes since it's actually once cent higher in price.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:42:42 AM »
Now I called Cruiser Customizing (in the original post) and brought to their attention the difference in price and told him I could get both sets for $70 and if I add some windshield cleaner from the Innovex site I qualify for free shipping.  He said he'd price match the caps since I was ordering two sets and give me free shipping to go with it. So I didn't have to order anything additional.

I asked if he'd give the same deal to anyone else if I posted here and he said only if they buy enough to exceed the $75. Not sure why I got the special deal, but you may be able to argue it and get them to give it to you anyway.

fenderless 33

• SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2013, 05:19:06 PM »
This really sounds like a great product and I have not heard anything bad ride-on

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2013, 06:42:36 PM »
Now I called Cruiser Customizing (in the original post) and brought to their attention the difference in price and told him I could get both sets for $70 and if I add some windshield cleaner from the Innovex site I qualify for free shipping.  He said he'd price match the caps since I was ordering two sets and give me free shipping to go with it. So I didn't have to order anything additional.

I asked if he'd give the same deal to anyone else if I posted here and he said only if they buy enough to exceed the $75. Not sure why I got the special deal, but you may be able to argue it and get them to give it to you anyway.

Pretty good deal Dan, I was thinking of getting them for my truck, the wifes car and the bike...  :thumbs:

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:12:21 AM »
My Infiniti G35 Coupe already has a tire pressure monitoring system. Otherwise I would probably get it for that as well.

It'll be interesting watching my wife's Stryker and seeing if I see any lit up LEDs.  Normally when I check her bike she's only about one pound low, so she's not too bad about it.

JazzyzGurl

• Roadliner
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • SCRC Chapter 171
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:31:23 AM »
I've had the TireGard version of this for several years and it sure makes keeping an eye on tire-pressure easier (especially with bags in the way of getting at the rear tire.)  These look like a great less-expensive option.  Please follow-up with how you like them, once you've installed them and used them a while.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2013, 09:35:54 AM by JazzyzGurl »

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2013, 09:39:02 AM »
I've had the TireGard version of this for several years and it sure makes keeping an eye on tire-pressure easier (especially with bags in the way of getting at the rear tire.)  These look like a great less-expensive option.  Please follow-up with how you like them, once you've installed them and used them a while.

Will do.

CruiserCustomizing doesn't stock them, so they have to order them fromthe manufacturer and then ship, so I'm guessing it'll be close to two weeks before I even see them.

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:12:54 AM »
Maybe I will order these and the ride-on sealant and be done with it. Good find Ares!
I have big plans...

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:16:07 PM »
Ordered the 3 pack of sealant, the pressure sensors and got it all for $65.84 and free shipping! I feel like I won the lottery or something
I have big plans...

jhow2133

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2013, 06:17:36 PM »
 ;D
I have big plans...