Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1240232 times)

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4320 on: Oct 13, 2012, 07:17:48 pm »
If you don't replace the original bolts with the Warrior bolts, you have to use washers to get the correct height on the bolts (or I guess you could cut them off. 

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

the urban legend

• Raider
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #4321 on: Oct 13, 2012, 10:20:15 pm »
    OK so it's just a length issue.Thanks for the info.
    I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

Return to Riding

• Mistakes are forever; forgiveness is longer.
    • Road Star
    « Reply #4322 on: Oct 14, 2012, 01:22:48 am »
    Installed LED driving lights on the reflector mounts.

I used Model 30 LED off road Spot lights from ADV Monster (30 watts, link below, arrived on the third day with standard shipping!!!). They say spot because of the narrow beam. ADV also sells 44 and 60 watt floods if you want them only for night time, but these can stay on all the time without bugging oncoming traffic--I passed probably 50 cars tonight on a 2 lane without one flash. I cannot imagine the 60 watt floods but I am pondering them to go with those LED line turn signals that go on the V up front. Anway, the link to buy them:

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-8/Model-30-LED-off/Detail.bok

These lights are very bright. I have numerous pics in my gallery comparing low beam/low plus driving/high/high plus driving. I set the lights to be full time driving lights so they are not maximizing what they could do if I pulled the aim up a bit but I think that would irritate oncoming traffic. I also have some shots of the coming at you on a shady street with and without new lights so you can see what a car pulling out might see—how much more visible you are. Finally, I have some at night looking at the bike. The camera did not pick that up well--there are three distinct lights looking at the bike but they are narrow so they look bright but don't interfere with oncoming traffic.

How I did it:  I purchased the lights for right at $123 inc shipping with the “standard” brackets which are stainless steel. I had them locally mirror polished for $26. I spliced into the driving light wiring in the bucket, both wires. The lights don’t have quite enough wire to get all the way to the bucket so I tied them together just under the triple tree. and wire tied them to that little wing thing (bigger pic in gallery) and ran one pair of 12 gauge wires up to the bucket. It was hard to get the light wiring at maybe 18 gauge to connect to the 12 gauge so I soldered them them wrapped with probably 4 layers of tape. I ran the wires along the inside and back side of the brake hoses so they are mostly hidden (see pic) and wire tied about every 3 inches to match the curve.

Adjusting: PITA, but oh well. I intentionally aimed the right one a bit higher to match a normal dual car headlight pattern. I want to run them all the time so they are aimed to go longer than low beams but not wider, so the left one is aimed slight towards center and the right one straight. The pics do not do justice—the road is now very white and the lines on the road pop out as do street signs and anything reflective. I passed probably 50 cars on the two lane tonight and no one flashed me, so the aim must be good. I have an aiming point pic in the gallery too.

Any questions, or if you want more pics, let me know. I feel safer with these--much more visible.
    2009 Raider S Raven.
    Tank destickered, Yamaha Fixed Backrest, Boulevard Windshield with 15" Rifle Replacement, Wolo 619 Big Bad Max Air Horn,  Model 30 LED spot driving lights, Elite Motosports exhaust, AVON 240 on Rear, Blaster-X Integrated Rear light and removed stock lollipops, 113 Lettering, Kury SwingWing Pegs, Ivan's Flash and Air Box Brackets

It is the journey and not the destination.

• Advertisement

batmann

• V Star
      « Reply #4323 on: Oct 14, 2012, 01:47:04 am »
      finally installed the fuelpak for the bike...was pretty quick. thought it was going to take more time. 

Return to Riding

• Mistakes are forever; forgiveness is longer.
      • Road Star
      « Reply #4324 on: Oct 14, 2012, 02:04:40 am »
      finally installed the fuelpak for the bike...was pretty quick. thought it was going to take more time.

A fuelpak on a stock exhaust bike or is your profile pic not up to date?
      2009 Raider S Raven.
      Tank destickered, Yamaha Fixed Backrest, Boulevard Windshield with 15" Rifle Replacement, Wolo 619 Big Bad Max Air Horn,  Model 30 LED spot driving lights, Elite Motosports exhaust, AVON 240 on Rear, Blaster-X Integrated Rear light and removed stock lollipops, 113 Lettering, Kury SwingWing Pegs, Ivan's Flash and Air Box Brackets

It is the journey and not the destination.

batmann

• V Star
      « Reply #4325 on: Oct 14, 2012, 02:06:08 am »
      I haven't updated my profile pic. I have a big radius VH 2-1...

batmann

• V Star
      « Reply #4326 on: Oct 14, 2012, 02:21:40 am »
      I haven't been on the website in awhile.  I have also put the avon 240.  It rides killer. Better than the stock one.  i have also got got remove bags as well. Really didn't think about the money will drop when you have a ride....Will include some pics once i load the pics...

jhow2133

• Raider
      « Reply #4327 on: Oct 14, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »
      My Warrior rotor bolts came in so I took the rear rotor shield off and replaced the bolts with the ones for the Warrior.  Simple deal and one that most have done. 

Next up is the IAC removal.  I have the carb adjustment piece that you're suppose to order.  No to read up on it and make sure to do it right.
      Is that mandatory? I was planning on removing the shield when I install the 240 during the winter.It never crossed my mind it could be more complicated than just removing it.
      You can use washers to make up the difference if you don't want to get new bolts.
      I have big plans...

Sarka

• SEA-ROAR
      • Roadliner
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #4328 on: Oct 14, 2012, 09:28:27 pm »
      Installed bike masters hid kit let me tell you it was a pain to get everything back in the bucket but I got it and wow it's so much better!

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
        • Right A Way
      « Reply #4329 on: Oct 15, 2012, 03:57:42 pm »
      Installed Cobra tach. I had the housing powder coated.

Ken
      2010 Raider/2008 FZ1 (sold)

RIP Tail dragger

AlanW.

• Roadliner
      « Reply #4330 on: Oct 15, 2012, 05:26:47 pm »
      Spent about 5 hours washing detailing waxing and polishing my raider to a better then new shine. I love making love to my baby. ;D

Rickoless

• Dallas Fort Worth
      • V Star
        • You Tube of Freedom Performance exhaust on my Raider
      « Reply #4331 on: Oct 15, 2012, 06:25:25 pm »
      My Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius pipes arrived today. Hole in the box, way to go UPS. Checking to see if any parts missing. Only one tiny nick/scratch but I'm not going to send them back, I'll probably get rock chips bigger than that. Need to get the Cobra Fi2000 AT ordered. Should I wait for it before I put the pipes on? pros/cons? Also just washed and waxed it. She does look good! But then I'm kind of partial towards her.  ;)
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012, 06:27:36 pm by Rickoless »
      Eat Right, Exercise and Die Anyway.

One thing that can be said about Harleys, 95% of them are still on the road today. The other 5% made it home. (Just playing ;o))

michael t

• Warrior
        • bersachat.com
      « Reply #4332 on: Oct 16, 2012, 01:33:19 am »
      I  Installed the Rifle 17 1/2" dark gray Boulevard replacement,  This will be my cold weather windshield   
        I have never in all my 50 years of riding  had a winshield. Unless you count the  double bubble on my Hayabusa .  Guess Iam getting old ,as the cool weather is  bothering me.   I will use the  small Boulevard  in warmer months. Since I can't find the fairing like I want  .  It will look good with a really dark tint .   
           Raider worst than a woman about needing presents .   A warm weather and a cold weather shield . pipes , tuner ,  toss over bags  the list goes on .   ;D
      [

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

Went the telephone poles look like a solid wall . Your at cruise speed

batmann

• V Star
      « Reply #4333 on: Oct 16, 2012, 11:45:39 pm »
      I have notice that installing the fuel pak eliminated the popping.

kreed020

• Road Star
      « Reply #4334 on: Oct 19, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »
      I just installed a chrome belt cover and chrome boomerage frame cover. Tomorrow I'll install the new chrome Swingarm Axle Adjuster Cover after I get my new 240 put on! Need more chrome!