Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1240221 times)

chalomalo

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • https://www.google.com/maps/place/900+Henderson+Ave,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94086/@37.3582543,-122.0046932,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb5e4a8e04429:0xb98b58565cc11616?hl=en-US
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4470 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »
Didn't have anything to do to the Raider today.  But when I got home from work I had a nice little package in the mail.  Will change out the mirrors tomorrow.

Pale Rider,

I have mirrors on order as well, I'm getting the hand bone mirrors :

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/7500087?utm_source=retargeting&utm_medium=retargeting

I may even get the Memphis Shades windshield:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/751-807?utm_source=retargeting&utm_medium=retargeting

Right now, I have the 14" yamaha blvd mini shield, I don't think it'll look cool with my new bars.
Regards,
chalomalo

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
    What do you do to your Raider today................
    « Reply #4471 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:26:12 am »
    These are mine.  Razorback I think is the name.
    If you ain't riding, you ain't living.

Mr. T

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
    « Reply #4472 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:31:10 am »

Don't you find it hard to shift?   :thinking:
    I mean... holding that mirror and shifting has got to be a pain.   ;D
    You should think about actually installing that thing.   :rotfl:

By the way... I can tell your a newbie... your hold the right side mirror.   :doh:
    « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 08:32:48 am by Mr. T »

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

• Advertisement

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
      « Reply #4473 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:50:02 am »

By the way... I can tell your a newbie... your hold the right side mirror.   :doh:
      Haha true.  I'll think about that!   Nah, I'm at work.  I was going to install them at my parents' house because its easier to work there, but I was informed everyone is sick so I should stay away.  Maybe tomorrow. Not in an extremely big hurry for the mirrors. 

I'm a southpaw so I tend to hold things in my left hand haha. 

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #4474 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:56:21 am »

Haha true.  I'll think about that!   Nah, I'm at work.  I was going to install them at my parents' house because its easier to work there, but I was informed everyone is sick so I should stay away.  Maybe tomorrow. Not in an extremely big hurry for the mirrors. 

Who was holding the camera?...  :o

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
      « Reply #4475 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:57:58 am »

Umm...my other left hand? Haha.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #4476 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:16:05 am »

Umm...my other left hand? Haha.

:thumbs:

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4477 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:37:09 am »

Easier to work at your parents' house?  It only takes about 15 minutes to install mirrors and that's if you're doing the non-adaptor method.  Otherwise it probably takes about 5 minutes. Put those things on!

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4478 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:40:11 am »
      Just realized the clutch is hydraulic on this bike    :o  :rolleyes:   ;D

Apparently you haven't seen my leaking clutch fluid thread where I had to replace the slave cylinder.

What's a slave cylinder? I tried finding it on the Service Manual - you know Ctrl F entered the two words, then one at the time and I couldn't find it.

I wonder if it's that rectangular box fixed to the left side of the frame - continued by a rigid metal line?  ???

If that's the one, I will have issues with it and very likely it'll leak for me too. Tried removing it and I rounded off the nut. Didn't have a line-wrench at the time.

Right now I'm stuck on that till have at it again tomorrow with a pair of vice-grips.
      The throttle lines - I thought that was gonna be easy, I removed the fuel tank - again - thinking that would gimme quick access, then I ran out of daylight. Seems like the left side coil cover and what not will have to be removed.

Here's a peek at how it's looking so far.

The box you're referring to is the master clutch cylinder.  The slave is a small piece located behind to your right foot when riding that's attached to the bike with 3 bolts and has a thin rigid tube going to it and a rubber covered nipple on top.  Had you asked me this two weeks ago I wouldn't have had a clue where it was.

The bars look sharp.  Can you post up a side shot and a 3/4 from the front?  I want to see how well they work with the lines of the Raider.

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
      « Reply #4479 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:04:11 am »
      Well, I live in an apartment so right now my bike is in their garage.  That's where I've been doing my work.  Not to mention they have more tools.  No sweat though.  With my job, I have to go to their house every day to do my bookwork so we're never apart for long. Next weekend, maybe sooner, I'll be able I take her home though.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2012, 10:06:25 am by Pale_Rider »

chalomalo

• Road Star
        • https://www.google.com/maps/place/900+Henderson+Ave,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94086/@37.3582543,-122.0046932,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb5e4a8e04429:0xb98b58565cc11616?hl=en-US
      « Reply #4480 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:42:11 am »
      Just realized the clutch is hydraulic on this bike    :o  :rolleyes:   ;D

Apparently you haven't seen my leaking clutch fluid thread where I had to replace the slave cylinder.

Got it, should be the same thing the service manual refers to as the release cylinder on section 3-5?
      I know where it is, where you bleed your hydraulic fluid. I did that a few months ago.
      I have a couple of pics I can post right now. I don't like the way the new lines look like right now. they tend to kink in an awkward way, if only the end tips would swivel.

What's a slave cylinder? I tried finding it on the Service Manual - you know Ctrl F entered the two words, then one at the time and I couldn't find it.

I wonder if it's that rectangular box fixed to the left side of the frame - continued by a rigid metal line?  ???

If that's the one, I will have issues with it and very likely it'll leak for me too. Tried removing it and I rounded off the nut. Didn't have a line-wrench at the time.

Right now I'm stuck on that till have at it again tomorrow with a pair of vice-grips.
      The throttle lines - I thought that was gonna be easy, I removed the fuel tank - again - thinking that would gimme quick access, then I ran out of daylight. Seems like the left side coil cover and what not will have to be removed.

Here's a peek at how it's looking so far.

The box you're referring to is the master clutch cylinder.  The slave is a small piece located behind to your right foot when riding that's attached to the bike with 3 bolts and has a thin rigid tube going to it and a rubber covered nipple on top.  Had you asked me this two weeks ago I wouldn't have had a clue where it was.

The bars look sharp.  Can you post up a side shot and a 3/4 from the front?  I want to see how well they work with the lines of the Raider.
      Regards,
      chalomalo

chalomalo

• Road Star
      « Reply #4481 on: Dec 11, 2012, 10:45:23 am »
      A couple of more pics.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Regards,
      chalomalo

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #4482 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:04:07 am »
      Um...stop me if I'm wrong, but...you seem to be missing something on the front. Isn't there supposed to be a headlight there?  ;D

Bars look pretty good. Not my style, but they look good. Those zombie levers are awesome! I have those on my wishlist.  :thumbs:
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4483 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:11:55 am »
      I love having the Zombie levers.  They took a little getting used to, but I really like the look.

chalomalo- Looks good, but it definitely needs a headlight.  I also say lose that passenger seat.  It would fit the look so much more with a solo seat.

chalomalo

• Road Star
      « Reply #4484 on: Dec 11, 2012, 11:33:21 am »
      Once the lines are completely instslled, the headlight will go on.
      Regarding the solo seat, I'm on it, then the lowering kit, yes it's in the plan.
      The hand bone mirrors I got coming will really compliment those handlebars levers. Not done yet folks.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Regards,
      chalomalo