Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1240170 times)

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
Re: What did you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #7725 on: Jul 23, 2014, 07:47:45 am »
Thanks Bill.
I had this 8000K HID for more than a year. It was meant for my Toyota Tundra originally, but since it has skinny ballard and it fitted inside the head light bucket, so I used for my bike ($60/a pair). Yes, it is so bright at night. Love it so far. But I did ordered the Ultimate Headlight bulb already. So I hope it will match with this LED ring.
Replaced 8oook HID/skinny ballard by Cyclops Ultimate Headlight bulb. Took out for a short ride to see how it is. Oh boys, I am afraid that I'll piss cagers off because of its brightness. But this is what I want to be more visible at night and day. on plus side, it kinda matches with LED ring too.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3600-Lumen-H4-H6M-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

Damn, that is a perfect match for the LED ring,  really looks great...  :thumbs:

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    « Reply #7726 on: Jul 23, 2014, 09:42:45 am »
    Thanks Bill.
    I had this 8000K HID for more than a year. It was meant for my Toyota Tundra originally, but since it has skinny ballard and it fitted inside the head light bucket, so I used for my bike ($60/a pair). Yes, it is so bright at night. Love it so far. But I did ordered the Ultimate Headlight bulb already. So I hope it will match with this LED ring.
    Replaced 8oook HID/skinny ballard by Cyclops Ultimate Headlight bulb. Took out for a short ride to see how it is. Oh boys, I am afraid that I'll piss cagers off because of its brightness. But this is what I want to be more visible at night and day. on plus side, it kinda matches with LED ring too.
    http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3600-Lumen-H4-H6M-LED-Headlight-bulb-_p_83.html

Damn, that is a perfect match for the LED ring,  really looks great...  :thumbs:

Yeah it does!  I may be changing out my headlight soon.  The OEM lamp is way to yellow.

asicrunner

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #7727 on: Jul 24, 2014, 04:28:00 pm »
    new grips and highway pegs .

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

switched the black Spike for the chrome.
    removed the treaded bar insert replaced with DIY anti vibration similar to FASST COMPANY ANTI-VIBRATON BAR   mine insert is 58 grams heavier then the bar end plus insert.
    Ride long Ride often

]

• Advertisement

Phalcun

• I'd rather be riding my Raider!!
      • Road Star
      « Reply #7728 on: Jul 24, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »
      replaced rear wheel bearings

Air Raider

• "I wanna go fast"
      • Road Star
      « Reply #7729 on: Jul 24, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »
      Well my week of modifications is finally done.  My whole bike makeover includes the following:  Ivan's Flash, PCV, Ivan's Airbox Mod, Blacked out Cobra Sweeps (Thanks Beelze), Yammy Backrest, Custom Dynamics Truewrapz headlights, Kuryankyn Swingwing pegs, DDM HID kit, painted the belt cover and LED accent lighting. 

I could make the joke that it feels and rides like a new bike, but that might not be too far from the truth haha.  These aren't the greatest pics but it was late when i got done tonight. 

Now I just need to figure out how to add the little pictures to the bottom of my signature. haha
      Casey R [img]

Gravybird

• 2011 Raider S
      • Road Star
      What did you do to your Raider today................
      « Reply #7730 on: Jul 25, 2014, 01:12:19 am »
      Did my 600 mile oil change. Thanks to all the info on this sight. 'Twas a piece of cake. Than went for a ride and cracked the throttle just a tiny bit more than I did the first 600 miles..... Wow! I can't wait to get past 1,000 and go all the way!!!

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #7731 on: Jul 25, 2014, 09:17:10 am »
      air raider- Looks good except I have one more thing you need to do to make it look spectacular... Give it a bath.

Air Raider

• "I wanna go fast"
      • Road Star
      « Reply #7732 on: Jul 25, 2014, 12:21:18 pm »
      Thanks Ares!  Yes, I know she's dirty.  I rode to work today and got rained on.  As soon as I got home, I started turning wrenches.  I plan to have her spakling by this weekend.  Heading up to the mountains!
      Casey R [img]

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #7733 on: Jul 25, 2014, 12:41:14 pm »
      Thanks Ares!  Yes, I know she's dirty.  I rode to work today and got rained on.  As soon as I got home, I started turning wrenches.  I plan to have her spakling by this weekend.  Heading up to the mountains!

Just giving you a hard time.

Bucks

• 2014 Raider SCL Matte Iron/Matte Raven (120/500)
      • V Star
      « Reply #7734 on: Jul 25, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »
      Just took off rear rotor shield. Looks so much better!

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 2
      « Reply #7735 on: Jul 25, 2014, 03:45:44 pm »
      Put him on the trailer 8) Will be leaving for Maggie Valley in the morning :D

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #7736 on: Jul 25, 2014, 08:09:53 pm »
      Washed the mud off it after riding through two thunderstorms and then road construction covered with red clay.

Harosha

• Road Star
      « Reply #7737 on: Jul 26, 2014, 04:19:30 am »

Bought black raised numbers and put on both coil covers. Pics not so great , sorry about the finger prints! Here is the right side.

Where did you get these black numbers from? Could you please post a pic from further away?

Bucks

• 2014 Raider SCL Matte Iron/Matte Raven (120/500)
      • V Star
      « Reply #7738 on: Jul 26, 2014, 07:33:03 am »
      Bought the black numbers from here
      http://www.chromeautoemblems.com/index.php/style-italic-gloss-black-12-c-20_86#.U9Ofn2K9KSM

I like how they are subtle in appearance but when the right lights catches them they look awesome. The letters are raised off the cover. Also when the right person is looking at it they see it EVERYTIME especially the jealous HD guys!
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2014, 07:37:36 am by Bucks »

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #7739 on: Jul 26, 2014, 07:49:29 am »
      Bought the black numbers from here
      http://www.chromeautoemblems.com/index.php/style-italic-gloss-black-12-c-20_86#.U9Ofn2K9KSM

I like how they are subtle in appearance but when the right lights catches them they look awesome. The letters are raised off the cover. Also when the right person is looking at it they see it EVERYTIME especially the jealous HD guys!

I got my numbers from the same place, chrome and it has the same effect.  If you look quickly you may not see it but if you are looking at the bike it becomes very noticeable, and the looks from the HD guys even more so when they see my 120.  I have had a few ask me what the 120 is and when I tell them Cubic Inches the look is priceless...  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2014, 08:04:51 am by MYRDR aka Bill L »