Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1240163 times)

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What did you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #9270 on: Sep 04, 2015, 09:25:36 am »
Picked up DaRaida today after my guy finished the install of bars, grips, steel cables, and mirrors.
Saweet looking bars. Did they have hell running the wires?

Thanks Clayton, they look a lot like yours right!  No. The guy said he doesn't mind these bars, he hates the apes or anything that has one or more 90 deg bends.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

dukedomain

• SEA-ROAR
    • Raider
    « Reply #9271 on: Sep 04, 2015, 09:28:56 am »
    Picked up DaRaida today after my guy finished the install of bars, grips, steel cables, and mirrors.

Looks nice.  Did you get need new cables?

Yeah, I bought the plus 2" cables from Aaron5623 here on the forum.

Looks great Duke...  :thumbs:

Thanks Bill.  It feels so different, I think I'm gonna like it, but right now I'm just trying to get used to the different position, these 9 inch bars change everything.

jeb6294

• Warrior
    • Referrals: 8
    « Reply #9272 on: Sep 04, 2015, 10:35:38 am »
    My Kuryakyn sub fender got here a few days ago and I just got my Blaster.  Even though I have an "S" I went ahead and hit the chrome plate on the sub fender with some flat black Plasti Dip to give that plenty of time to dry before I install it.  My thinking is to do that and leave the plate frame chrome so 1, it'll give the plate/frame a look almost like it's floating over the rear tire and 2, getting rid of the chrome bracket will help keep it from taking attention away from the rear tire.

On one hand it's a 3-day weekend so it'd give me plenty of time to get everything put on, but on the other hand there isn't supposed to be any rain this weekend and I hate to lose any riding time.

I picked up some clear glass/window silicone sealant while I was at the auto parts store getting Plasti Dip.  Would it be a good idea to seal around the Blaster or did they get the water problems sorted out?

• Advertisement

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #9273 on: Sep 04, 2015, 10:39:47 am »
      My Kuryakyn sub fender got here a few days ago and I just got my Blaster.  Even though I have an "S" I went ahead and hit the chrome plate on the sub fender with some flat black Plasti Dip to give that plenty of time to dry before I install it.  My thinking is to do that and leave the plate frame chrome so 1, it'll give the plate/frame a look almost like it's floating over the rear tire and 2, getting rid of the chrome bracket will help keep it from taking attention away from the rear tire.

On one hand it's a 3-day weekend so it'd give me plenty of time to get everything put on, but on the other hand there isn't supposed to be any rain this weekend and I hate to lose any riding time.

I picked up some clear glass/window silicone sealant while I was at the auto parts store getting Plasti Dip.  Would it be a good idea to seal around the Blaster or did they get the water problems sorted out?

I agree ... ride man.

I wasn't aware there was a water issue with the Blaster ...

jeb6294

• Warrior
      « Reply #9274 on: Sep 04, 2015, 10:44:27 am »
      In the process of doing a search on here and reading about the Blaster X, there were some people who mentioned water coming off the rear tire and getting into the housing so they recommended sealing around the seams with silicone sealer.  Some of those posts were from several years ago though so I didn't know if that was still the case or if the newer lights were sealed up better than the older ones.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #9275 on: Sep 04, 2015, 10:46:16 am »
      In the process of doing a search on here and reading about the Blaster X, there were some people who mentioned water coming off the rear tire and getting into the housing so they recommended sealing around the seams with silicone sealer.  Some of those posts were from several years ago though so I didn't know if that was still the case or if the newer lights were sealed up better than the older ones.

hmmmm ... well ok then. I didn't realize that. Carry on  ;D

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #9276 on: Sep 04, 2015, 10:53:39 am »

Jeb, you can always give them a call but the last thing I remember was to seal it, it couldn't hurt.

jeb6294

• Warrior
      « Reply #9277 on: Sep 04, 2015, 12:54:30 pm »

Jeb, you can always give them a call but the last thing I remember was to seal it, it couldn't hurt.
      I wasn't even going to bother calling them.  The stuff only cost $5 and it dries clear so I figured I'd just go ahead and put a bead around the seam, the wires and anything that looks like it might be a hole that isn't being used for something.

Spoof

• Road Star
      « Reply #9278 on: Sep 04, 2015, 04:51:04 pm »
      Put new kuryakyn mirrors and master cylinder covers on

And you didn't have a camera with ya?

Well we all know what that means...  ttiwwp

They look good...mine should be here next week! Anyone have any luck covering the other boxes? Not sure why Yamaha wouldn't have chromed the whole works.

Fiddles

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #9279 on: Sep 04, 2015, 05:18:24 pm »
      think you can use the covers from a Strat our have yours chromed but the wiring in the housings can be a bitch from what I have heard
      Freedom Performance  Sharp Curves Bullet cowl, Full Wrap front Fender, RC Savage Eclipse wheels, Ultimate  seat, Autometer  Pro Cycle
      Tach, lowering bones and progressive spring, Ivan's flash, K&N filter with open air box, Avon Cobra Chrome  tires

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #9280 on: Sep 07, 2015, 04:59:53 pm »
      Not what I did today, but what I did this weekend. Went to the Yamaha dealer to show a tech my starter brush assembly and get his opinion. He said it could be what's causing my slow starts, but it could also be compressor or chewed up wires or somethings else. On my way out one of the techs who rides a raider tells me he has spare starter (rebuilt Strat starter) and I can borrow it to see if the starter really is the issue. Installed the borrowed starter and the bike fired right up! Then I took the brush assembly off his starter and put it on mine. Same thing; bike fired up right away. So, now I know. I'm going in tomorrow to order a new brush assembly. After having disassembled and reassembled the starter so many times now I feel like I could do it blindfolded.  ;D
      Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

jeb6294

• Warrior
      « Reply #9281 on: Sep 07, 2015, 07:55:18 pm »
      Got my Kury sub fender and Blaster on. I got the load equalizers but I'm going to leave it the way it is for now. Even though ive got an S, I also put some flat black Plasti Dip on the bracket but left the plate frame chrome. I didn't get finished until about 8:30 so I'll have to get a better look during the day but I'm thinking I like it. If I still like it down the road I can get it powdercoated and make it permanent.

I know, I know...pictures. I tried to get a shot of it in the garage but it didn't come out very well so I'll get one tomorrow.

Professor

• Nothing but a good time!
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 44
        • Real Estate & Investment Professional
      « Reply #9282 on: Sep 07, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »
      Rode it for over 500 miles in 2 days and broke 3,000 miles in 3 months!  8)
      2014 Raider SCL #463

Previous Bikes:
      2006 Road Star Midnight Silverado
      2002 V-Star Classic

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #9283 on: Sep 08, 2015, 01:34:32 am »
      Got my Kury sub fender and Blaster on. I got the load equalizers but I'm going to leave it the way it is for now. Even though ive got an S, I also put some flat black Plasti Dip on the bracket but left the plate frame chrome. I didn't get finished until about 8:30 so I'll have to get a better look during the day but I'm thinking I like it. If I still like it down the road I can get it powdercoated and make it permanent.

I know, I know...pictures. I tried to get a shot of it in the garage but it didn't come out very well so I'll get one tomorrow.

I can fully accept that but until tomorrow...  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

ttiwwp

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #9284 on: Sep 08, 2015, 07:20:38 am »
      Not what I did today, but what I did this weekend. Went to the Yamaha dealer to show a tech my starter brush assembly and get his opinion. He said it could be what's causing my slow starts, but it could also be compressor or chewed up wires or somethings else. On my way out one of the techs who rides a raider tells me he has spare starter (rebuilt Strat starter) and I can borrow it to see if the starter really is the issue. Installed the borrowed starter and the bike fired right up! Then I took the brush assembly off his starter and put it on mine. Same thing; bike fired up right away. So, now I know. I'm going in tomorrow to order a new brush assembly. After having disassembled and reassembled the starter so many times now I feel like I could do it blindfolded. ;D

What method did you end up using to solve your reassembly issue
      I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.