Custom Raider

Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 287136 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4365 on: Nov 05, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »
Changed the oil in my Raider over the weekend.  Last time I used Mobil I and just had a lot of little weird issues. This time I was back to Amsoil and immediately noticed it running smoother.  Only reason I went to Mobil I was because my local place was out of it and there was a rebate for the Mobil I.  It wasn't worth it.

Now this is what a great wife I have.  For some reason I always forget to get the filter when getting oil.  I get the Raider jacked up and everything ready to go and start to unscrew the old filter and then realize I don't have a new one. I tell her about it and she says she'll go get it for me so I can keep going.  She drove about 17 miles (one way) to pick it up. I had everything done, plus a bunch of other stuff I wanted to get done around the house and all I had to do was attach the filter and fill with oil.  She wasn't even feeling the greatest and still did it.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: Nov 05, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »
Changed the oil in my Raider over the weekend.  Last time I used Mobil I and just had a lot of little weird issues. This time I was back to Amsoil and immediately noticed it running smoother.  Only reason I went to Mobil I was because my local place was out of it and there was a rebate for the Mobil I.  It wasn't worth it.

Now this is what a great wife I have.  For some reason I always forget to get the filter when getting oil.  I get the Raider jacked up and everything ready to go and start to unscrew the old filter and then realize I don't have a new one. I tell her about it and she says she'll go get it for me so I can keep going.  She drove about 17 miles (one way) to pick it up. I had everything done, plus a bunch of other stuff I wanted to get done around the house and all I had to do was attach the filter and fill with oil.  She wasn't even feeling the greatest and still did it.

Does she rent out?       ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: Nov 05, 2012, 11:01:02 AM »

Does she rent out?       ;D

I hope not.

WikedLizard

• ~No Rest For The Wiked~
  • Houston Area Group
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: Nov 05, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
Well it wasnt today, but since Friday...
Installed LED's
Modded the exhaust
Detailed
Headed to LSR

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: Nov 05, 2012, 06:16:30 PM »
Installed my new kickstand

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2012, 07:02:27 AM by Scoob »

2015 WEST CENTRAL RAIDER RALLY
Black Hills SD Area-June 11-15, 2015
Check out the WCRR website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

Pudge

• 2008 Raider - Fast Black
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: Nov 05, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »
Nice Scoob.
jp

(sent from my Commodore 64)

michael t

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • bersachat.com
« Reply #4371 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:22:49 PM »
  Had appoiment at dealer  at 0900 hrs  oilchange and general check over . Almost 20 mile ride  temp was 28 degrees.  I hate riding in cold  Was good boy about 8 miles.  Obeyed speed limit. Then said to self  I think I rather be  really cold couple min. that  cold  for several  mins. Unleashed the beast into 80 to 90 range  and   really cold but was at dealer and heat  quickly. 

Coming home Temp in the 40's and nice ride .   
[

Been there, Done it . Have License. Plate to prove it

” The Blood of AMERICAN HEROES is on Obama’s Hands…Remember Benghazi !! “

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: Nov 06, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
  Had appoiment at dealer  at 0900 hrs  oilchange and general check over . Almost 20 mile ride  temp was 28 degrees.  I hate riding in cold  Was good boy about 8 miles.  Obeyed speed limit. Then said to self  I think I rather be  really cold couple min. that  cold  for several  mins. Unleashed the beast into 80 to 90 range  and   really cold but was at dealer and heat  quickly. 

Coming home Temp in the 40's and nice ride .   

Been there, brother. Decided I didn't need windshield or warm covering on my ears one morning with temps in the upper 40's. You can either go really slow and be semi-comfortable for a really long ride, or go very very fast and be miserable for a very short amount of time. Like you, I chose the fast and short option. A little pain helps us appreciate comfort and pleasures more, right?

Did a check on my "touring" setup to make sure the bungees will hold my Tombstone bag for my ride to the motorcycle show this weekend in Dallas. Gonna be a fun ride, and a good day. Can't wait to sit on the new 1300 Deluxe and check out the new Raider paint jobs in person.

This pic is a little grainy 'cause I took it at night with really bad lighting, but you get the idea.
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: Nov 06, 2012, 05:46:07 PM »
Took the old exhaust system off and put my new v&h 2n2. Love the sound
Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: Nov 10, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
Just finished slamming my Raider
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2012, 04:04:18 PM by Scoob »

2015 WEST CENTRAL RAIDER RALLY
Black Hills SD Area-June 11-15, 2015
Check out the WCRR website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: Nov 10, 2012, 08:15:42 PM »
Cleaned it up, detailed the rubber mud flaps then finished off the chrome with my bronze wool. That stuff ROCKS! The down side to it is the little broken fibers that break off. It’s important to get those off before getting any into a dust cloth or any cloth that you would use on the paint. For that reason I do the chrome last and then vac' the bits up as much as I can, and then a leaf blower to get the rest off. :raider:
I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

TomOD69

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: Nov 11, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »
Drilled her then put her to sleep!  ;D
Drilled 8 1/2 inch holes in each baffle. Love the way she rumbles now! Some decel popping now, which I actually think sounds pretty cool.
After that, installed the connector for the battery tender, filled the tank, and dumped in some fuel stabilizer. I'll probably give a really good final cleaning then tuck her in for the winter :'(
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2012, 07:16:07 PM by TomOD69 »

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: Nov 11, 2012, 11:04:41 PM »
Only had a chance to look at my ride, too cold and rainy.  :'(
To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Atreyou

• V Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: Nov 11, 2012, 11:12:18 PM »
Performed the tail tidy posted on raiderperformance.com, installed LED license plate frame and shift linkage from Cycle House.  Installed left Kury Stiletto peg and realized it was killing the look of the bike, took it off, and put stocker back on - much better.  Washed bike and noticed damage caused by careless mechanics at Two Wheel World in Garland, Texas - fumed - calmed down a little once I realize that bags mostly hide the damage but still...

Will only stop riding when there is salt, ice, or snow on the roads.  Bring the cold!   O8O

SLK

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: Nov 12, 2012, 01:43:42 AM »
Looked at it longingly waiting for the next riding season to come in April.
SLK   I ride a Yamaha Star  Motorcycle or I ride nothing at all.