Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1240213 times)

kreed020

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4395 on: Nov 30, 2012, 11:16:01 pm »
Finally installed my Kurykan Sub Fender and license plate frame.   A lot of work but got it done.

Also installed my RAIDER shifter from Custom Rider. Looks clean.

Hard to see but here's a couple of pix.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2012, 12:13:21 am by kreed020 »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Mr. T

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 4
    « Reply #4396 on: Nov 30, 2012, 11:25:34 pm »
    Finally installed my Kurykan Sub Fender and license plate frame.   A lot of work but got it done.

Also installed my RAIDER shifter from Custom Rider. Looks clean.

Gotcha...  ;D

ttiwwp

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ike42

• Raider
    « Reply #4397 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:27:51 am »
    Got my first set of LEDs put on Friday night. Not as hard as I had thought. The hardest part was figuring out where to secure with zipties. The ones that come with the Custom Dynamics kit seem to be meant to secure wires to other wires or hoses; not big enough to wrap around the frame at all.

But it's done, and I'm happy and now I want more.  ;D
    Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #4398 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:30:35 am »
      Got my first set of LEDs put on Friday night. Not as hard as I had thought. The hardest part was figuring out where to secure with zipties. The ones that come with the Custom Dynamics kit seem to be meant to secure wires to other wires or hoses; not big enough to wrap around the frame at all.

Looks good!

I don't even remember having any zip ties with the Custom Dynamics LEDs.  It could be I saw them and thought they were way too small and didn't give them a second look.  I have a number of zip ties sitting in my garage that work well for me.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4399 on: Dec 03, 2012, 10:32:59 am »
      Well, last night I discovered a river under my Raider. It turned out to be clutch fluid and it's looking like my Slave Cylinder and/or Slave Cylinder seal went out.

I'm Strykering it today.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #4400 on: Dec 03, 2012, 11:37:57 am »

Looks good!

I don't even remember having any zip ties with the Custom Dynamics LEDs.  It could be I saw them and thought they were way too small and didn't give them a second look.  I have a number of zip ties sitting in my garage that work well for me.

Thanks. Yeah, I need to buy some zip ties to keep in the garage for just such an occasion. But it worked out, and I was able to fit all the wiring under the seat. Only think I didn't like was that the heat shrink took a long time to shrink with the hair dryer. I guess I need a heat gun too. Starting a Harbor Freight list.  :P

Well, last night I discovered a river under my Raider. It turned out to be clutch fluid and it's looking like my Slave Cylinder and/or Slave Cylinder seal went out.

I'm Strykering it today.

At some point while your Raider's getting fixed, won't your wife ask for her Stryker back?  ;D

kreed020

• Road Star
      « Reply #4401 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:36:52 am »
      Installed the left side Bomber covers.

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #4402 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:53:05 am »

I would encourage everyone to put their pictures in their gallery.   First, it helps everyone to see your “progression” of changes over time… all in one place.  Secondly, it also helps those who may be looking for “ROM material” when scanning profiles…. One of the requirements for ROM is… pictures in your gallery. 

https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=467.0

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4403 on: Dec 04, 2012, 10:53:26 am »

I'm Strykering it today.

At some point while your Raider's getting fixed, won't your wife ask for her Stryker back?  ;D

Yeah!  If she does, then I take the car.  She doesn't ride to work as much as I do though.  Man, I would love to get some LEDs installed on her Stryker.  With it being mostly blacked out it's pretty hard to see in the dark.

Sweet Tooth

• Raider
      « Reply #4404 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:46:58 am »

I would encourage everyone to put their pictures in their gallery.   First, it helps everyone to see your “progression” of changes over time… all in one place.  Secondly, it also helps those who may be looking for “ROM material” when scanning profiles…. One of the requirements for ROM is… pictures in your gallery. 

I hope to have some in my profile after about christmas or sooner. Be able to use a acutal camera. Took one last night with my phone . Looked like crap.
      Some prefer medicine. I prefer my Raider.

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
      What do you do to your Raider today................
      « Reply #4405 on: Dec 04, 2012, 12:48:35 pm »

I'll try to get some pictures in my gallery soon.  I'm hardly ever on the PC and I do most of my reading and posting on my phone while at work and I don't know how to put up pics (if possible) that way. 
      If you ain't riding, you ain't living.

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #4406 on: Dec 04, 2012, 01:07:58 pm »
      Had my charging system completely checked out since my battery went dead a week ago. It was a couple years old but just to be sure I wanted to know that it was not the system, but only the battery. It was fine and I’m good to go for another couple more years now. ;D :raider: I do need tires tho, cuz I have 18K on these Avons now. The back has more left in it but the front is getting pretty sad.
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #4407 on: Dec 04, 2012, 02:17:42 pm »
      Had my charging system completely checked out since my battery went dead a week ago. It was a couple years old but just to be sure I wanted to know that it was not the system, but only the battery. It was fine and I’m good to go for another couple more years now. ;D :raider: I do need tires tho, cuz I have 18K on these Avons now. The back has more left in it but the front is getting pretty sad.

That's good to know, Ray. Thanks for posting the info about your tires. I think the Avon 240 says it's good for 16K, but it's always reassuring to find out that they really can go that long. Wow, 18K! Hope mine can last that long!

Soon as I posted my LED pics I added them to the gallery, too. Thanks for the reminder, though, T.  :thumbs:

gostr8r

• A proud SEA ROAR Member.
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 6
      « Reply #4408 on: Dec 04, 2012, 02:59:20 pm »
      I think the keys are that I keep them about 4 lbs over inflated, and also use the balancing beads instead of the stick on weights. I could reach 20K on the rear that is on it now.
      I go too far and too fast to ride a Harley! If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. A Corbin fairing, bags, heated seat, V-Rail and back rest, PC3, PR Air Kit, V&H BR, 5" Chopper's Surplus Z Bars, DWG sound system, Indian front fender, mucho Kuryakyn and Yammy bling,   

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #4409 on: Dec 04, 2012, 04:31:18 pm »
      I think the keys are that I keep them about 4 lbs over inflated, and also use the balancing beads instead of the stick on weights. I could reach 20K on the rear that is on it now.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try the over inflating idea.