Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 301660 times)

SCL#484

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4410 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
Walked it by garage door and took some pictures of XKGlows and also a lid-up SAC. Check out my gallery  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2012, 09:20:37 PM by Raider SCL#484 »
LSRR's;SCL Club;SAC Club;FSD Club;PCV Club;Avon 240 Club;Custom Dynamic Club;PCS Club;Webslinger Club;JPD HotRod CLub;Chrome Whore Club;DGD Club;Cyclop LED Club;Ivan's ECU Club;

chalomalo

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
Prepping it up for a handlebar swap job

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Regards,
chalomalo

A.T.

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:30:03 PM »
Walked it by garage door and took some pictures of XKGlows and also a lid-up SAC. Check out my gallery  :)

Looking good Bro!

chalomalo

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:38:30 PM »
I wanted to post those pics in chronological order but had a hard time viewinng them from my cell phone. Here's the last one...
Regards,
chalomalo

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: Dec 05, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »
I wanted to post those pics in chronological order but had a hard time viewinng them from my cell phone. Here's the last one...

EEEKkk the memories ...  :witsend:

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: Dec 05, 2012, 09:03:04 AM »
Hopefully get her back today, all fixed and ready to go.  Will find out in about an hour or so when I call after the shop opens up...  :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

t84a

• Real Men Pedal
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: Dec 05, 2012, 09:10:23 AM »
Sweet. Can't wait for an update.
Ken
2010 Raider
2008 FZ1

Words of Wisdom: Enjoy your fun time, don't be concerned about others trying to do the same.

JOIN THE AMA
Helmet Fact
My local powder coater

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: Dec 05, 2012, 09:10:29 AM »
Hopefully get her back today, all fixed and ready to go.  Will find out in about an hour or so when I call after the shop opens up...  :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

This thread is... what did "you" do to your Raider today... not, what did the "shop" do to your Raider today.   :rotfl: :poke:

If I stuck to the "letter of the law" so to speak... I'd never get to post anything on this thread.  98% of what's been done to my bike has been at the hands of Tejas.   ;D

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

MYRDR aka Bill L

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: Dec 05, 2012, 09:36:37 AM »

This thread is... what did "you" do to your Raider today... not, what did the "shop" do to your Raider today.   :rotfl: :poke:

If I stuck to the "letter of the law" so to speak... I'd never get to post anything on this thread.  98% of what's been done to my bike has been at the hands of Tejas.   ;D

:agree:  Fortunately for you Tejas continues to be able to do what you need, I don't have that luxury any more...  :(

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: Dec 05, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »
I looked at it and felt like weeping as I got on my wife's Stryker and headed to work.  Man, I miss my Raider.

chalomalo

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: Dec 05, 2012, 01:44:41 PM »
Ares X,

So how does the Stryker rider compared to the Raider?

Reason I ask is, I wanted the Stryker but the dealer only had the Raider. Of course, once I rode out of the dealer with it. it was thrill heaven, but every now and then when I see them I can't help but wonder, how do they ride.

So what did I do to my Raider today? I walked around it as it's all dismantled, and waiting for my handlebar set. According to UPS way of tracking the shipment, I get them tomorrow Thursday.

By the way, can someone send me a picture of the three screws that hold the fuel tank? I can't tell by looking at the service manual.
Regards,
chalomalo

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: Dec 05, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »
Ares X,

So how does the Stryker rider compared to the Raider?

Reason I ask is, I wanted the Stryker but the dealer only had the Raider. Of course, once I rode out of the dealer with it. it was thrill heaven, but every now and then when I see them I can't help but wonder, how do they ride.

So what did I do to my Raider today? I walked around it as it's all dismantled, and waiting for my handlebar set. According to UPS way of tracking the shipment, I get them tomorrow Thursday.

By the way, can someone send me a picture of the three screws that hold the fuel tank? I can't tell by looking at the service manual.

The Stryker rides very nice.  At times it feels like it has as much power as the Raider, but then when I'm cruising down the freeway at high speeds and just want to give it some throttle and punch it, I realize it's not a Raider.  Handling is about the same, though it is a little shorter and seems easier to scrape pegs.  It's also a whole lot lighter, which I don't like as much because it doesn't feel quite as balanced at slow speeds.

The handlebars and foot pegs are way too close for me.  My left arm starts going numb after riding a while and I have to take it offf and let it dangle as I feel the blood trickling down my arm. But this can all be fixed with mods.  Just out of the box it's a bit too small for me.  Way better than my wife's old Vstar 650 though.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider and SEA-ROAR member
  • Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: Dec 05, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »
At the risk of hijacking this thread, I will  tell you that I had a chance to ride a Stryker as a "loaner".  It is a very nice bike and I think I could be happy with it, but it is smaller than the Raider in almost every dimension and I was glad to get back on the Raider.  I think if I had bought a Stryker, I would be seriously considering an upgrade to the Raider in a couple years.

Maybe we should start a thread for this and get the Stryker riders to chime in. 

Today, I dusted off the Raider and mounted the saddle bags so I could ride it to work tomorrow if it doesn't rain.   

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: Dec 05, 2012, 01:59:18 PM »
At the risk of hijacking this thread, I will  tell you that I had a chance to ride a Stryker as a "loaner".  It is a very nice bike and I think I could be happy with it, but it is smaller than the Raider in almost every dimension and I was glad to get back on the Raider.  I think if I had bought a Stryker, I would be seriously considering an upgrade to the Raider in a couple years.

Maybe we should start a thread for this and get the Stryker riders to chime in. 

Today, I dusted off the Raider and mounted the saddle bags so I could ride it to work tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

I did pass a Harley on my way to work on the Stryker.  It looked really small. It had to be a Sportster.  He didn't even try.

Back to the regular thread...

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: Dec 05, 2012, 03:45:40 PM »
I turned on the LEDs and thought, "Hmmm, I think I need more."
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.