Tejas Motorsports

Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 308131 times)

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4455 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »
Just realized the clutch is hydraulic on this bike    :o  :rolleyes:   ;D

Apparently you haven't seen my leaking clutch fluid thread where I had to replace the slave cylinder.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:43:58 AM »
Friday- Moved the exhaust out of the way, disassembled the right side foot peg and uninstalled the bad slave cylinder.

Saturday- Received the new slave cylinder from SilverStreek in the late afternoon mail. Too late to get started.

Sunday- Installed the new slave cylinder, reinstalled the foot peg and exhaust. Washed and waxed her up and test rode.

Monday- RODE MY RAIDER!!!

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: Dec 10, 2012, 02:37:58 PM »
Friday- Moved the exhaust out of the way, disassembled the right side foot peg and uninstalled the bad slave cylinder.

Saturday- Received the new slave cylinder from SilverStreek in the late afternoon mail. Too late to get started.

Sunday- Installed the new slave cylinder, reinstalled the foot peg and exhaust. Washed and waxed her up and test rode.

Monday- RODE MY RAIDER!!!

:goodjob: :thumbs: :ohyeah: :applause: :yay: :givemebeer:

He's Back!
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Pale_Rider

• Road Star
    • View Profile
What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4458 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:11:10 PM »
Didn't have anything to do to the Raider today.  But when I got home from work I had a nice little package in the mail.  Will change out the mirrors tomorrow. 
If you ain't riding, you ain't living.

thegunny

• Patriot Guard Rider, Gunnery Sergeant of Marines
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4459 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »
Maybe I shouldn't admit this here but... I rode mine to work today and left the stupid key in the stupid ignition in the stupid on position. I'll be charging my stupid battery because I'm such a stupid ass.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:27:07 PM »
Maybe I shouldn't admit this here but... I rode mine to work today and left the stupid key in the stupid ignition in the stupid on position. I'll be charging my stupid battery because I'm such a stupid ass.

:rotfl:

Easy (not cheap) solution...   heres what I did.  Now, no more issues.   ;D
http://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=16957.msg312806#msg312806

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Deyv

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »

Don't beat yourself up too much on this one Gunny.. I'm sure that more than a few of us have done this in the past...  Myself included.. Seems like I have to do it at least once on each bike..  :shrug:

Deyv
Non Clementia!
Non Captivus!

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:05:12 PM »

Don't beat yourself up too much on this one Gunny.. I'm sure that more than a few of us have done this in the past...  Myself included.. Seems like I have to do it at least once on each bike..  :shrug:

I left my key in the ignition in the on position on my V-Star 1100. The headlight does not turn off when you leave the key in on a V-Star 1100.  I went into a drug store searching for some items and took a call from my mom while in there.  Basically, my bike was sitting in the parking lot shining the headlight to anyone who knows how to ride a bike saying "Come take me! The key's in the ignition."

That was the last time it ever happened. My dad taught me to turn the bike off with the key and I've done it ever since.

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »

Not to hijack the thread, but how are you liking it.  I haven't heard any noise from anyone after the group buy?  Was it worth the price?

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »

Not to hijack the thread, but how are you liking it.  I haven't heard any noise from anyone after the group buy?  Was it worth the price?

It was to me.... I'm lovin' it.  :thumbs:

Although, I can honestly say I've never drained my battery by leaving the key in the ignition... I always (use to) turn off the bike with the key....

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »

It was to me.... I'm lovin' it.  :thumbs:

Although, I can honestly say I've never drained my battery by leaving the key in the ignition... I always (use to) turn off the bike with the key....

Yeah, I've never done that either.  Luckily just the embarrassment of finding the key in the ignition, but not long enough to drain it.

Gunner

• 2009 Red Raider S
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: Dec 10, 2012, 04:45:09 PM »
I always use the key. I guess its just the way you learn initially, kinda like usin a seatbelt. Maybe im just paranoid some creep would steal my ride.
I only ride rice, you don't need a trailer

chalomalo

• Road Star
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.com/maps/place/900+Henderson+Ave,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94086/@37.3582543,-122.0046932,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb5e4a8e04429:0xb98b58565cc11616?hl=en-US
« Reply #4467 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »
Just realized the clutch is hydraulic on this bike    :o  :rolleyes:   ;D

Apparently you haven't seen my leaking clutch fluid thread where I had to replace the slave cylinder.

What's a slave cylinder? I tried finding it on the Service Manual - you know Ctrl F entered the two words, then one at the time and I couldn't find it.

I wonder if it's that rectangular box fixed to the left side of the frame - continued by a rigid metal line?  ???

If that's the one, I will have issues with it and very likely it'll leak for me too. Tried removing it and I rounded off the nut. Didn't have a line-wrench at the time.

Right now I'm stuck on that till have at it again tomorrow with a pair of vice-grips.
The throttle lines - I thought that was gonna be easy, I removed the fuel tank - again - thinking that would gimme quick access, then I ran out of daylight. Seems like the left side coil cover and what not will have to be removed.

Here's a peek at how it's looking so far.
Regards,
chalomalo

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
Looks good chalomalo

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

chalomalo

• Road Star
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.com/maps/place/900+Henderson+Ave,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94086/@37.3582543,-122.0046932,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808fb5e4a8e04429:0xb98b58565cc11616?hl=en-US
« Reply #4469 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »
Right on Dreadly,

it's coming together. Even if it's turning to be a real PITA, I know at the end when I get to riding it and get no more lower back pain it'll be so worth it.
Regards,
chalomalo