Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 327738 times)

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4545 on: Dec 27, 2012, 03:39:53 AM »
Installed my chin fairing and reaper front fender.

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4546 on: Jan 03, 2013, 06:32:10 AM »
Removed my front forks, going to bring them in to the dealer to get fork seals replaced. Figured Id better get them taken care of before my fork extentions get back from the chrome plater.
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2013, 11:04:14 AM by Scoob »

2015 WEST CENTRAL RAIDER RALLY
Black Hills SD Area-June 11-15, 2015
Check out the WCRR website for more information.
http://westcentralraiderrally.com

Rickoless

• Dallas Fort Worth
  • V Star
    • You Tube of Freedom Performance exhaust on my Raider
« Reply #4547 on: Jan 03, 2013, 07:22:10 AM »
Got my Cobra Fi2000AT fuel processor installed. It lowered the idle and give quicker response to the throttle, almost caught me by surprise. Still have backfire on decel. I need to chech my exhaust connections and make sure there aren't any leaks. Anyone else still have backfire on decel and fixes? Running Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius pipes.
Eat Right, Exercise and Die Anyway.

One thing that can be said about Harleys, 95% of them are still on the road today. The other 5% made it home. (Just playing ;o))

AZ~Raider

• RAIDER RIDER FOR LIFE ;o}~
  • SEA-ROAR
  • Roadliner
« Reply #4548 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:20:02 AM »
Installed my chin fairing and reaper front fender.

JELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Looks awesome,,, Its on my WANT TO HAVE LIST!

Fn Up

• Roadliner
What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4549 on: Jan 03, 2013, 11:13:54 AM »
Got my Cobra Fi2000AT fuel processor installed. It lowered the idle and give quicker response to the throttle, almost caught me by surprise. Still have backfire on decel. I need to chech my exhaust connections and make sure there aren't any leaks. Anyone else still have backfire on decel and fixes? Running Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius pipes.

Yeah, I still do or at least I did in the warmer weather. It hasn't popped one time since I've been riding in the colder air. I'm hoping that's a sign that I need a BAK?!

Stock air intake, Power Pro, V&H 2-2

Sent from my iPhizzle using Tapatalk
2011 Raider - Reddish Copper

GlacierBlue

• V Star
« Reply #4550 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:49:32 PM »
My last ride was a few days before Christmas.  Since we have 20"+ of snow on the ground, what I did NOT do today was ride!  I bought the bike in late October and wow do I love it!  Did the 600 mile maintenance and got up to 1,000 miles before the snow.  Today I washed it for the first time (really was not very dirty), applied liquid synthetic wax to the painted surfaces, polished the chrome and plastic bits with Plexus, added Stabil, topped off with fresh gasoline, installed a battery tender cable and put it on charge.  Using a small hair dryer, I heated up the tank and rear fender stickers and they peeled right off.  Dropped the insurance to state minimum coverage.

Over the winter, I do want to replace that abortion of a tail light assembly.  While I love the look of the bike without bags and a windshield, I regrettably have to consider these for reasons of practicality.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2013, 09:31:53 PM by GlacierBlue »
Chris in Edinboro PA
2011 Raider S in Glacier Blue

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #4551 on: Jan 07, 2013, 09:45:29 AM »
Saturday- Changed the gear oil, plugs and cleaned the air filter. Then rode it to meet my son to play racquetball. On my way home I noticed some nut on a bike riding without a headlight in the dark. Then when I got home I flipped my high beams on for the next day and realized my high beams were out. I have no idea how long I was riding with them out, but it would've only been during the day. I never did get the loud noise everyone keeps mentioning when the battery isn't drawing enough power.

Sunday-  Changed out my headlight bulb with the one from my old headlight. Also did some other stuff to it, but am waiting 'til I'm done to reveal it.  So far I'm really liking it.

mddrummer911

• 2014 ROM Winner
  • Roadliner
« Reply #4552 on: Jan 07, 2013, 09:54:07 AM »
Yesterday I installed some christmas presents. 

Kuryakyn Swing wing pegs.  I found that the spline adapters, while simple in theory were difficult to install. The design is good with the set screw to limit travel forward, but getting the d spring washers in to take up slack so they dont flop around was a chore.  I plan on having the pegs powdercoated black, since everything else on my bike is black, so I may leave the adapters on the bike and just un bolt the peg from the adapter, leaving the adapter chrome.  not sure i could get it in again with powder on it, without scraping it off anyway.

also installed a set of black kuryakyn iso grips.  going to PC my stilleto end caps and throttle boss when i have the pegs coated.

i hope to get to install my hydraulic brake switch today, so that i can clean up all that junk from the stock brake switch up by the peg.
Life is ten percent what happens to you, and ninety percent how you respond to it. - Lou Holtz

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4553 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:23:15 PM »
Saturday- Changed the gear oil, plugs and cleaned the air filter. Then rode it to meet my son to play racquetball. On my way home I noticed some nut on a bike riding without a headlight in the dark. Then when I got home I flipped my high beams on for the next day and realized my high beams were out. I have no idea how long I was riding with them out, but it would've only been during the day. I never did get the loud noise everyone keeps mentioning when the battery isn't drawing enough power.

Sunday-  Changed out my headlight bulb with the one from my old headlight. Also did some other stuff to it, but am waiting 'til I'm done to reveal it.  So far I'm really liking it.

And the tease continues...  :o

kreed020

• Road Star
« Reply #4554 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:35:59 PM »
Installed some more bling.  8)

Tappet covers and brake caliper covers.

« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 10:38:07 PM by kreed020 »

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
« Reply #4555 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »

Looks good Kreed, I want to add those brake calipers to mine...  ;D

Ares X

• Administrator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #4556 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:43:39 AM »

Love those caliper covers.

Mr. T

• Administrator
  • Raider
« Reply #4557 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:46:12 AM »
Had my calipers chromed... but, I really like those tappet covers.  :thumbs:
Are those Kury's?

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

kreed020

• Road Star
« Reply #4558 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »
Thanks fellas!  Yes the tappet covers are Kury's. They look really cool but fit kind of funny on the bike. I might need to do some modifiications so they fit a bit better.

bIKEr42lue

• Warrior
« Reply #4559 on: Jan 08, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
Thanks fellas!  Yes the tappet covers are Kury's. They look really cool but fit kind of funny on the bike. I might need to do some modifiications so they fit a bit better.

Very nice, Kreed. I didn't know anyone made tappet covers for the Raider. That's awesome. And those caliper covers are great too. Might need to get me some... :thinking:
Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.