Author Topic: What did you do to your Raider today................  (Read 1240165 times)

Disaster Follows Me

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What do you do to your Raider today................
« Reply #4620 on: Jan 15, 2013, 06:12:52 pm »
You have higher temps than we are right now???  You have got to be kidding.  Maybe that 2012 thing did happen and the poles have shifted.

It was nice this morning for sure!

Seriously! We're still under the "freezing mark" here! My baby has been sitting patiently for almost two whole days. I know that's no big deal to those of you whose Raiders have to hibernate over the winter, but two days without riding is kid of a big deal to me. So I didn't do anything to my Raider today. I looked at it. I cried a little.  :'(

I know exactly how you feel, which is why I've been braving the low 20s in the morning.  I just can't wait for Thursday to get here. Supposed to be back in the 70s during the day.

How nice.  We're looking at HIGHS in the upper 20's this week.

...oh, and I installed new mirrors and relocated my front turn signals

I believe there's room for all of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ike42

• Raider
    « Reply #4621 on: Jan 16, 2013, 10:15:46 am »
    You have higher temps than we are right now???  You have got to be kidding.  Maybe that 2012 thing did happen and the poles have shifted.

It was nice this morning for sure!

Seriously! We're still under the "freezing mark" here! My baby has been sitting patiently for almost two whole days. I know that's no big deal to those of you whose Raiders have to hibernate over the winter, but two days without riding is kid of a big deal to me. So I didn't do anything to my Raider today. I looked at it. I cried a little.  :'(

I know exactly how you feel, which is why I've been braving the low 20s in the morning.  I just can't wait for Thursday to get here. Supposed to be back in the 70s during the day.

How nice.  We're looking at HIGHS in the upper 20's this week.

...oh, and I installed new mirrors and relocated my front turn signals

Relocated to where? What kind of new mirrors?  ttiwwp
    Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive.

Ike42

• Raider
    « Reply #4622 on: Jan 17, 2013, 03:40:36 pm »
    I think my rotor is misaligned or something. My break pads are out again. This will be my third time to change them since I got my 240 tire, which is only 4500 miles! I'm going into the shop to ask my motorcycle tech buddies about it. So, what did I do for my Raider today? I ordered new brake pads. I had been using the EBC, but I'm switching to Bikemaster this time around.

Do any of you know if there's an easy way to check or fix the rotor without removing the rear tire? I'm thinking there's not one, but it never hurts to ask. I thought about putting a board up against it and hammering it in, but I quickly dismissed that idea.  ;D

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #4623 on: Jan 17, 2013, 04:15:12 pm »
      I think my rotor is misaligned or something. My break pads are out again. This will be my third time to change them since I got my 240 tire, which is only 4500 miles! I'm going into the shop to ask my motorcycle tech buddies about it. So, what did I do for my Raider today? I ordered new brake pads. I had been using the EBC, but I'm switching to Bikemaster this time around.

Do any of you know if there's an easy way to check or fix the rotor without removing the rear tire? I'm thinking there's not one, but it never hurts to ask. I thought about putting a board up against it and hammering it in, but I quickly dismissed that idea.  ;D

I was using EBC and seemed to go through some back brakes quick.  I've gone back to OEM because they seemed to last forever.  Not sure if you have a dealer that sells OEM pads, but mine started a while back and I was thrilled.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #4624 on: Jan 18, 2013, 08:38:43 am »

I was using EBC and seemed to go through some back brakes quick.  I've gone back to OEM because they seemed to last forever.  Not sure if you have a dealer that sells OEM pads, but mine started a while back and I was thrilled.

I get most of my OEM parts here, http://www.partforyamaha.com/. According to their prices (which are generally cheaper than my dealer) the OEM brake pads would end up costing me around $44. The Bikemaster ones I got cost me less than 30. But, if they don't last either (after I find out if the disk is properly aligned) I'll go back to the OEM. Those rear brakes lasted me the entire life of my 210, which was about 9.5k.

Something else I did to my Raider, not today, but last night. I replaced my left turn signal bulb. It was blinking faster, so I knew there was an issue. But after I replaced the bulb it was still blinking fast like something was still wrong. The bulb works fine, and both signals are lighting up and blinking, but the left is still blinking faster than the right. Anybody got any ideas?  :shrug:

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4625 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:19:44 am »

I get most of my OEM parts here, http://www.partforyamaha.com/. According to their prices (which are generally cheaper than my dealer) the OEM brake pads would end up costing me around $44. The Bikemaster ones I got cost me less than 30. But, if they don't last either (after I find out if the disk is properly aligned) I'll go back to the OEM. Those rear brakes lasted me the entire life of my 210, which was about 9.5k.

Something else I did to my Raider, not today, but last night. I replaced my left turn signal bulb. It was blinking faster, so I knew there was an issue. But after I replaced the bulb it was still blinking fast like something was still wrong. The bulb works fine, and both signals are lighting up and blinking, but the left is still blinking faster than the right. Anybody got any ideas?  :shrug:

I would consider replacing the other bulb.  Could be it's not drawing enough current causing the other to blink.  That is if your bulbs stay lit whan not blinking.  Mine no longer do.  They're only on when they blink.

As far as pads go, that's weired that they're $44 for OEM. I think mine are in the low 30s range.   Maybe check with Tejas.  OEM brakes should be at 25% off.

Ike42

• Raider
      « Reply #4626 on: Jan 18, 2013, 03:54:50 pm »
      I would consider replacing the other bulb.  Could be it's not drawing enough current causing the other to blink.  That is if your bulbs stay lit whan not blinking.  Mine no longer do.  They're only on when they blink.

That's the way mine are. They only light up when they are blinking.

As far as pads go, that's weired that they're $44 for OEM. I think mine are in the low 30s range.   Maybe check with Tejas.  OEM brakes should be at 25% off.

Just checked. Thanks for the tip, but they're still a little more than I paid for mine through motorcycle-superstore. Only by about $2, though.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #4627 on: Jan 18, 2013, 04:00:09 pm »
      Just checked. Thanks for the tip, but they're still a little more than I paid for mine through motorcycle-superstore. Only by about $2, though.

I would pay an extra $2 for OEM pads over EBC easily.

AlanW.

• Roadliner
      « Reply #4628 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:13:18 pm »
      Installed the LaChoppers Wicked Curves Exhaust and loving it.

Sorry the pick is so big. Don't know how to downsize.

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #4629 on: Jan 18, 2013, 10:58:05 pm »

Sorry the pick is so big. Don't know how to downsize.

Looks great Alan, now get busy on the rest...  :rotfl:

102~2~113

• Roadliner
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #4630 on: Jan 19, 2013, 05:03:32 pm »
      No big, but clipped the alagator clips off the extra cable that came with my Schumacher trickle charger and attached O ring ends.  Extended the - wire so it equaled the + wire at the connection.  Extended the previously installed - wire on the Warrior.  Solder and heat shrink; now both bikes can take a trickle charge, just not at the same time.
      Then I rode the piss out of both of them  ;D :rotfl:   8)  Ah therapy. 
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2013, 05:27:22 pm by WhaJac »

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #4631 on: Jan 19, 2013, 05:36:36 pm »

Looks great Alan

Disaster Follows Me

• Road Star
      « Reply #4632 on: Jan 19, 2013, 07:58:19 pm »
      Finally got around to permanently mounting the Gerbing dual temp controller in the left side coil cover.  I got tired of all the wires hanging all over me as I rode.

I believe there's room for all of God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

wolfraider

• 2012 ROM Winner
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #4633 on: Jan 19, 2013, 09:27:39 pm »

Looks great Alan

Totally agree!
      To live on two wheels is to live a life in balance!

100k miles March 2008 - May 2014

Deyv

• Raider
      « Reply #4634 on: Jan 20, 2013, 08:55:21 pm »
      Just got my bike back from the mechanic... Lifters were WAY tight... mpg is back up in the high 30's from the mid 20's and   I hadn't realized just how much power I was missing...  LOVE my Raider!!!