Raider parts and accessories

Author Topic: Raider Dyno  (Read 2608 times)

major443

Re: Raider Dyno
« Reply #15 on: Nov 23, 2013, 08:06:44 AM »
.... to know so we burn up any sport cruiser that pulls up next to us (Except the V-Rod  of course thats not going to happen no matter what we do choose bikes can be built like a rocket.)

I personally don't consider the VRod a cruiser and totally different animal than the Raider. In fact, I don't even consider it a Harley. Just because they plaster their name on it don't make it a HOG IMO. Not with that Porsche engine in it. Just my .02c.....
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013, 08:26:23 AM by Rav'n »

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 23, 2013, 09:44:05 AM »
... it sounds like it was tuned by NASA I love it ...

quote of the year for me ... that made me smile.

These bikes got enough to make them fun to ride - there are many other motorcycles that will eat it up. But for me, there is NO OTHER bike that looks as good as the Raider.

* just to clarify, I don't classify motorcycles into groups when it comes to racing - always of the mindset "you run what you brung and may the best man/lady win"
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2013, 09:47:37 AM by dreadly »

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset
-- only a biker understands --

MyRaider

• Myraider
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Sound Bite
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »
Hey Guys, I went with my brother to pick up the Sick Vic 142 FT-LB of Torque it was to cold for us to face off although I was ready I just need to know if it's true can't wait to run him.... he said his HP is in the 130/135 range....gotta see it

Al
Torque to you Later...Don't Forget to click the icon on left for SOUND BITE...

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2013, 08:45:32 PM »
Hey Guys, I went with my brother to pick up the Sick Vic 142 FT-LB of Torque it was to cold for us to face off although I was ready I just need to know if it's true can't wait to run him.... he said his HP is in the 130/135 range....gotta see it

Al

If you get to run with him soon, have someone on the sidelines take a video ... I too would like to see a bike like that run the Raider

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset

major443

« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »

Al

A stock 106ci Victory is rated at around 97hp so to be putting out 130-135hp it would have had to had some major work done...that's like a 35% increase if that's even possible. Would like to see a dyno sheet on that to believe it. Until then I call BS
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013, 09:28:24 PM by Rav'n »

major443

« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2013, 09:14:35 PM »
/
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013, 09:21:45 PM by Rav'n »

major443

« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2013, 09:16:42 PM »
/
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013, 09:21:13 PM by Rav'n »

major443

« Reply #22 on: Nov 24, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »
//
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013, 09:20:38 PM by Rav'n »

MyRaider

• Myraider
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Sound Bite
« Reply #23 on: Nov 24, 2013, 09:31:24 PM »
For Sure... Truthfully the way my bike is running I think I will take him in the 1/4 mile..... Dyno or no Dyno He did dump some serious cash some Lloyds stuff I don't know.

But my Bike cruzin pretty good with my cheap mods....I was pretty happy yesterday after I heard his Bike after mods than ran mine Home on a 38 degree night, still like mine

Listen to my little pisser freaken rev.... Blurry vid I'm sorry but you guy/gals know what your seeing....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5rthmLOXeY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMr1A_njzQI
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013, 09:34:20 PM by MyRaider »
Torque to you Later...Don't Forget to click the icon on left for SOUND BITE...

major443

« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2013, 10:49:36 PM »
Youre not too far off the mark with your dyno numbers actually. From what Ive read most guys with pipes, fuel processor and air kit are getting around mid 90's and around 120lb Tq. Hope to get mine dyno'd in the spring to see what she puts out :)
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013, 10:55:36 PM by Rav'n »

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2013, 01:17:44 AM »
.... to know so we burn up any sport cruiser that pulls up next to us (Except the V-Rod  of course thats not going to happen no matter what we do choose bikes can be built like a rocket.)

I personally don't consider the VRod a cruiser and totally different animal than the Raider. In fact, I don't even consider it a Harley. Just because they plaster their name on it don't make it a HOG IMO. Not with that Porsche engine in it. Just my .02c.....

Al, the VRod can be beat by our Raider.  Stock vs stock the VRod wins hands down, there is no question there.  But with a bit of work it can be done.  I have done it...  ;D  I don't think the VRod had any work done to it and if we had been going for top speed I am sure it would have won.  Light to light it couldn't hang, the TQ and HP where too much for it off the line.

Rav'n, the VRod is most definitely a Harley.  A very radical one I will admit but a Harley none the less.  Porsche did not make the VRod engine, they helped Harley design it.  It was a collaboration between the two companies.  The bike and auto world do it all the time.

major443

« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2013, 02:49:35 AM »

Al, the VRod can be beat by our Raider.  Stock vs stock the VRod wins hands down, there is no question there.  But with a bit of work it can be done.  I have done it...  ;D  I don't think the VRod had any work done to it and if we had been going for top speed I am sure it would have won.  Light to light it couldn't hang, the TQ and HP where too much for it off the line.

Rav'n, the VRod is most definitely a Harley.  A very radical one I will admit but a Harley none the less.  Porsche did not make the VRod engine, they helped Harley design it.  It was a collaboration between the two companies.  The bike and auto world do it all the time.

I realize that Porsche didn't make the engine Bill but they certainly had significant input in its design and they way it performs. So let me ask this then. If a Raider races a Harley with a 132 S&S and gets blown away do you say you lost to a Harley? Or lets turn it around. Say you can put that same engine in a Raider and races a Harley can the Harley rider say he lost to a Japanese Raider? Were not talking swapping out pipes and air kits here. Or even modifying a stock engine. A Harley 103 is a 103. You can put that sucker in any number of Harleys. Can the same be said for the VRod motor? A VRod is not a Harley in the traditional sense in my mind. You can have a different opinion that's your choice.

MYRDR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
  • AZ Group
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2013, 03:19:35 AM »

I realize that Porsche didn't make the engine Bill but they certainly had significant input in its design and they way it performs. So let me ask this then. If a Raider races a Harley with a 132 S&S and gets blown away do you say you lost to a Harley? Or lets turn it around. Say you can put that same engine in a Raider and races a Harley can the Harley rider say he lost to a Japanese Raider? Were not talking swapping out pipes and air kits here. Or even modifying a stock engine. A Harley 103 is a 103. You can put that sucker in any number of Harleys. Can the same be said for the VRod motor? A VRod is not a Harley in the traditional sense in my mind. You can have a different opinion that's your choice.

You're talking apples and oranges, Harley had zero input into the design of the 132 S&S motor so no, if it was in a Harley frame it would not be a Harley.  The VRod motor was designed by Porsche and Harley techs side by side with both sides having significant input with Harley paying the entire tab.  That makes it a Harley.  Harley went outside their normal box in the creation of the VRod, I say bravo for them.  Hell, even Yamaha used American techs to develop and build our Raider, does that mean it's truly not a Yamaha?  As for different motors doesn't Yamaha have different motors for all the different bikes they produce?  Is not Harley allowed to do the same thing, or must they only make the 103, 110 and the smaller ones they produce?  And as for the VRod motor going into any other frame we both know that any motor can be put into any frame with the proper mods.  It is true that even many hard core HD riders do not consider the VRod a Harley because it does not fit the Harley image but with Harley paying 100% of it's creation it is most definitely a Harley.  I will 100% agree with you that in the traditional sense the VRod does not fit the Harley mold but it doesn't mean it's not a Harley.

Litos

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 25, 2013, 08:58:58 AM »

You're talking apples and oranges, Harley had zero input into the design of the 132 S&S motor so no, if it was in a Harley frame it would not be a Harley.  The VRod motor was designed by Porsche and Harley techs side by side with both sides having significant input with Harley paying the entire tab.  That makes it a Harley.  Harley went outside their normal box in the creation of the VRod, I say bravo for them.  Hell, even Yamaha used American techs to develop and build our Raider, does that mean it's truly not a Yamaha?  As for different motors doesn't Yamaha have different motors for all the different bikes they produce?  Is not Harley allowed to do the same thing, or must they only make the 103, 110 and the smaller ones they produce?  And as for the VRod motor going into any other frame we both know that any motor can be put into any frame with the proper mods.  It is true that even many hard core HD riders do not consider the VRod a Harley because it does not fit the Harley image but with Harley paying 100% of it's creation it is most definitely a Harley.  I will 100% agree with you that in the traditional sense the VRod does not fit the Harley mold but it doesn't mean it's not a Harley.

VROD = Harley

a very badass and much needed Harley.
Ivan ECU Club - Ivan Custom PC Map Club - LA Choppers Club - PCS Club - 240 Club - Custom LED Club - SAC Club - Custom Paint Whore - Red Rim Club Member

dreadly

• living the dream
  • Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
If a Raider races a Harley with a 132 S&S and gets blown away do you say you lost to a Harley?

You raced and lost ... it's really that simple

Race the rain
Ride the wind
Chase the sunset