Author Topic: LED Ring Inside the Headlight Lens on Raider  (Read 20245 times)

Tail dragger

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
Re: LED Ring Inside the Headlight Lens on Raider
« Reply #90 on: Jun 02, 2014, 01:56:05 pm »
I'm a fan of Custom Dynamics as well.  Have been satisfied with everything I have purchased from them.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Ares X

• Administrator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 7
    « Reply #91 on: Jun 02, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »
    Couldn't you just use the Custom Dynamics TruFlex LED strips or possibly EL wire?

absolutely......

Oracle is a big name is lighting, but it's far from the best product....

Custom Dynamics offers a lifetime guarantee on any of the LEDs going bad.  You can also call and have them made to a specific length.

Custom Dynamics makes great lights and stands by them.  I make it a point to use them whenever I can.  I wish I would have used them for the headlight ring.  Won't make that mistake again.

Really?  That's good to know.  I love their lights. Just wasn't sure they were anything better than anyone else's. I was also considering going with El Wire Pros to do it.

I looked into a kit being sold at Pepboy's that was only $25 for two headlights.  Well it would only work for two headlights if your lights were only 4" in diameter. Otherwise you had to join the two strips with some connectors that come with it to make one large one. For some reason the entire strip was wrapped in a gummy yellow material and looked really stupid if the light was off. I returned it.

dreadly

• living the dream
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    « Reply #92 on: Mar 20, 2015, 08:12:21 am »
    Ok ... bringing this back alive.

We had a minor snowfall so the next week of riding is out. In it's place is I will substitute mods. :)  I want to do this again as I still have the old LED ring inside my headlight with the wires for it bunched and zip tied just behind the headlight.

I went back and saw Ares mention EL wire. I sent an email to them asking if their product could be used as a ring inside a headlight. If not, I will get the Oracle ring again, but in the 5.75" size instead of 7"

• Advertisement

SCL#484

• Raider
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #93 on: Mar 20, 2015, 08:55:15 am »
      Ok ... bringing this back alive.

We had a minor snowfall so the next week of riding is out. In it's place is I will substitute mods. :)  I want to do this again as I still have the old LED ring inside my headlight with the wires for it bunched and zip tied just behind the headlight.

I went back and saw Ares mention EL wire. I sent an email to them asking if their product could be used as a ring inside a headlight. If not, I will get the Oracle ring again, but in the 5.75" size instead of 7"
      Well hurry up then  :popcorn:  ;D
      ;LSRR's; SCL Club; SAC Club; FSD Club; PCV Club; Avon 240 Club; Custom Dynamic Club; PCS Club; Webslinger Club; JPD HotRod CLub; Chrome Whore Club; DGD Club; Cyclops Club; Ivan's ECU Re-flash Club; Roadlok Club; Fork Extension Club;

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
      « Reply #94 on: Mar 20, 2015, 12:12:58 pm »
      A lot of the challenger people on CHallenger talk.com have been having luck with the cheapo one's from ebay.  Can one or multicolor and you can order for just about any diameter.
      Kick Logic To The Curb!

Mecha

• Road Star
      « Reply #95 on: Mar 20, 2015, 05:39:44 pm »
      Because of me having to cut out too many LEDs to make it fit, I have 4 out.

listen - there is a strong chance that even if you wouldn't have cut some LED's out, you'd probably still have LED's out......

Oracle has a shop here in Houston - they've been here for about a year.

they pretty much set up shop here in Houston due to the amounts of Chargers/Challengers and 300's in the area (let alone being the 4th biggest city in the nation).

that said, they are a club partner in the car club I am in - Oracle themselves (and even some highly qualified Oracle installers) ALWAYS have work come back to them for burnt out LED's..

Oracle Halo Rings are hit or miss - it's a crap product that they pay @ $8 for, but upsell it for over $100 to their customers.....

it's cheaply made junk lighting that looks cool on cars/bikes, but it's probably built by an 8 year old that hasn't eaten in 2 days......

that said, if you get a set of halo rings that last longer than a week without burning out, consider yourself lucky....

I sold mine already because the "white" headlight rings were a different color than foglight halo rings....I also had an LED out on the red color ring.....

they look cool when they work, but they are grossly overpriced......

lots of people are going with the Flashtech Rings, which are cheaper and actually work most often than not.....

Dreadly can confirm this for me.......
      I was AAC "Oracle"s first outside the company certified installer of their stuff.
      I agree with you that their stuff is MRSP overpriced.
      My dealer price was half of full Retail.

Halos are hit or miss you are correct.
      CCFL were great. LED were cool i have not done their plasma ones yet.
      Doubt i will be installing any of their stuff again. Since i moved to Seattle

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #96 on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:22:35 am »
      Custom Dynamics makes great lights and stands by them.  I make it a point to use them whenever I can.  I wish I would have used them for the headlight ring.  Won't make that mistake again.

I bought the 5 3/4" ring from ACC again ... let's hope this turns out better.

LoganRaider

• Roadliner
      « Reply #97 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:11:48 pm »

:popcorn:
      "I won't give death the satisfaction of seeing me dying afraid"

G2G113

• White Lightning Raider USMC Retired
      • Raider
      « Reply #98 on: Mar 26, 2015, 12:45:17 am »
      Can't wait to see your install pics!

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #99 on: Mar 26, 2015, 03:40:38 am »

You know what they say, "Practice makes Perfect" and "If at once you don't succeed, try, try again."...  ;)

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #100 on: May 05, 2015, 11:01:30 pm »

and fail ... it is too small for the light. On the plus side, they sent me two of them lol

I was thinking about maybe using silicone to mount the LED to the glass ... I'm sure it would work functionally, but don't think it would look good at all.

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #101 on: May 06, 2015, 10:25:00 am »
      Be very interested in seeing how you solve your problem.   And you are a good problem solver.

dreadly

• living the dream
      • Global Moderator
      • Raider
      « Reply #102 on: May 06, 2015, 10:26:20 am »
      Be very interested in seeing how you solve your problem.   And you are a good problem solver.

If my I can get my bike into the paint guy while in Vegas, I will see about revisiting this issue.

PaulyD

• Su Kai!
      • Road Star
      « Reply #103 on: May 26, 2015, 06:27:21 pm »
      Hi,

Any updates on product and links to sources are appreciated.

These mods are great.

Ares X

• Administrator
      • Raider
      « Reply #104 on: May 27, 2015, 10:34:49 am »
      Hi,

Any updates on product and links to sources are appreciated.

These mods are great.

Pretty sure he's still in Vegas, but his Raider is at the painter now.  I think he's waiting to do a bunch of upgrades once he gets it back.