Author Topic: Cost of insurance  (Read 16901 times)

tice

• AZ Group
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Cost of insurance
« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2014, 11:46:27 pm »
Im well over 400 a year with Gieco.  Its actually gone down in the past 2 1/2 years that I've had the Raider. My agent is a customer at the shop I work at, after reading about Dan's accident I inquired about what is covered, as far as aftermarket stuff, he said he thinks its up to $2000. I'm going to look at my policy again, may end up changing companys. I do have towing, but with the Raider why would 8 need it. Lol
2014 SCL

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Tail dragger

• Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #31 on: Mar 21, 2014, 06:46:58 am »
    Im well over 400 a year with Gieco.  Its actually gone down in the past 2 1/2 years that I've had the Raider. My agent is a customer at the shop I work at, after reading about Dan's accident I inquired about what is covered, as far as aftermarket stuff, he said he thinks its up to $2000. I'm going to look at my policy again, may end up changing companys. I do have towing, but with the Raider why would 8 need it. Lol
    Speaking from experience....blowout...no spare or jack carried on a Raider (would ruin the great lines).

tice

• AZ Group
    • Roadliner
    « Reply #32 on: Mar 21, 2014, 02:29:49 pm »
    Speaking from experience....blowout...no spare or jack carried on a Raider (would ruin the great lines).
        I was just saying it doesn't break down. Lol
    2014 SCL

• Advertisement

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #33 on: Mar 21, 2014, 02:34:56 pm »
          I was just saying it doesn't break down. Lol
      I know...isn't the dependability great?  But sure nice to know if you had a problem (any problem) that you could call a number and get a tow.  Sure know it gives peace of mind when you are riding up in the mountains miles from any town, much less one with a motorcycle shop in it.

tice

• AZ Group
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #34 on: Mar 21, 2014, 02:36:29 pm »
      I definitely keeping the towing. Peace of mind for not a lot of money.
      2014 SCL

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #35 on: Mar 21, 2014, 02:40:10 pm »
      Absolutely.  I didn't realize I even had it on the policy until I called and checked.  Sure glad I did.  Only thing I wish is that the distance for a tow was longer.  Is easy to exceed that to get your bike to a shop here (and probably is most places).

Mr. T

• Administrator
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 4
      « Reply #36 on: Mar 21, 2014, 02:42:02 pm »
      Absolutely.  I didn't realize I even had it on the policy until I called and checked.  Sure glad I did.  Only thing I wish is that the distance for a tow was longer.  Is easy to exceed that to get your bike to a shop here (and probably is most places).

I have AAA and my policy will take car/bike up to 100 miles.

July 2009

If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat?  ;D

Harley... the art of turning gas into noise without all that pesky horsepower.  ;D

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #37 on: Mar 21, 2014, 07:44:33 pm »
      I don't think AAA covers motorcycles here in Colorado.  I have AAA  for my SUV and the wife's car.

Smokin_Indy

• Road Star
      « Reply #38 on: Mar 21, 2014, 09:56:59 pm »
      297 with Farmers in Indiana.......not great but not too bad either.
      Smokin_Indy - aka Mark

2008 Raider S

highwayman

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #39 on: Mar 22, 2014, 06:28:34 am »
      297 with Farmers in Indiana.......not great but not too bad either.
      File this under the fwiw to ya....let me start by saying most all my insurance is with Farm Bureau....a very good friend of mine recently got hit by a car while riding....his foot and leg are so messed up he will probably at best need a cane the rest of his life. Anyway....his attorney...who is a bike rider and only handles biker claims told him......DONT EVER get insurance of any kind if the company has the word "Farm" in it. Told my friend unless it's a very minor claim....and you have some type of Farm insurance...your first call should be to a good lawyer...your 2nd call can then be to your insurance agent.
      Got me to start looking at other companys just this week, cuz riding season is about upon us here in the great north country. YMMV

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #40 on: Mar 22, 2014, 06:33:31 am »

I have AAA and my policy will take car/bike up to 100 miles.

I just changed my policy that will be effective on 25 March.  It seems that Foremost, through AARP was running me through the wringer.  I was paying $2,127.00 a year for a custom policy that covered 100% of retail for a new bike and up to $30,000.00 on optional equipment.  Too be fair to Foremost I did call other agencies and was quoted similar premiums.  I just wish one of those calls would have been to Allstate.  Allstate just sold me the exact policy to include zero deductible for $748.00 a year.  Foremost had a $100.00 deductible.  The towing on the new policy will tow my bike to the nearest Yamaha certified service center no matter how far the distance.  The foremost policy was 100 miles.  It boggles my mind that there can be such a huge difference in premiums from one company to the next.  I guess we live and learn.  Now if I can only figure out what to do with all the money I just saved...  ;)

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #41 on: Mar 22, 2014, 06:58:19 am »
      Had a friend (Police Officer) that was sitting at a traffic light in his cruiser and was rear ended.  His personal insurance was Farmers and they cancelled him because he was in an accident.  I have steered away from Farmers due to that one instance...they may be totally different today.  Bill, that is a great rate on Allstate...wonder how they do with their claims???

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #42 on: Mar 22, 2014, 06:59:52 am »
      Had a friend (Police Officer) that was sitting at a traffic light in his cruiser and was rear ended.  His personal insurance was Farmers and they cancelled him because he was in an accident.  I have steered away from Farmers due to that one instance...they may be totally different today.  Bill, that is a great rate on Allstate...wonder how they do with their claims???

I hope I never find out...  ;)

Tail dragger

• Raider
      « Reply #43 on: Mar 22, 2014, 07:05:02 am »

Me too Bill.  Reason I asked is I seem to recall someone had an accident and had Allstate and was really having a difficult time getting anything done. 

CHROMINATOR

• SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      « Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2014, 07:08:29 am »

Me too Bill.  Reason I asked is I seem to recall someone had an accident and had Allstate and was really having a difficult time getting anything done.

If that happens I get a lawyer on it.