Author Topic: VTX Headlight, finally on!  (Read 27299 times)

High Pockets

• Houston Area Group
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 1
Re: VTX Headlight, finally on!
« Reply #75 on: Jan 03, 2015, 02:09:14 pm »
His mount does work with several headlights though, not just the VTX.

I don't see why you'd want to use scoobs mount with other headlights unless you're trying to move the headlight up slightly, you'd also have to use more hardware, such as a sleeve inside the cinch mount, to prevent it from collapsing.

To clarify and eliminate any confusion:

This is Scoobs mount: (non chromed and with added hardware)

This is Chilly's mount:

BOTH are needed for VTX headlight unless you're crafty.. only Chillys is needed if its a pinch style  headlight bucket.

Not trying to use Scoobs mount if not needed.  I am very visual and like to try new stuff . I also change my mind a lot. I actually don't know what bucket I will use. I just thought his mount might come in handy.

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

72mustang

• Road Star
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #76 on: Jan 03, 2015, 05:15:57 pm »
    The 5 3/4 Adjure was too small when I added my fairing.
    Looks really good with the fairing I think

Nice.  Basically a perfect fit.  Reminds me of the Alien with its mouth coming out of its mouth.  LOL

Scoob

• 2012 ROM Winner
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 2
    « Reply #77 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:46:47 am »
    The 5 3/4 Adjure was too small when I added my fairing.
    Looks really good with the fairing I think

Nice.  Basically a perfect fit.  Reminds me of the Alien with its mouth coming out of its mouth.  LOL
    :thumbs:

• Advertisement

Hi-Road

• Road Star
      « Reply #78 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:53:49 pm »
      Oh man.... I sold my VTX 1800 a few months ago...  (now on a Raider S and lov'n it!)... but seeing your post has me waxing nostalgic... I loved the VTX headlight bucket....
      2009 Raider S

crpepple

• V Star
      « Reply #79 on: Feb 24, 2015, 07:39:58 am »
      I'm getting ready to do this mod the same way you did. By using the existing hardware. Did you ever figure out anything with the bottom bracket? I thought about cutting it off and using some Chrome touch up paint but not real sure. Looking for some advice.

bkyger

• Warrior
      « Reply #80 on: Feb 24, 2015, 08:42:36 am »
      I'm getting ready to do this mod the same way you did. By using the existing hardware. Did you ever figure out anything with the bottom bracket? I thought about cutting it off and using some Chrome touch up paint but not real sure. Looking for some advice.

https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=67849.msg1286985#msg1286985

Thats a short write up that used the bottom bracket and Scoobs bucket bracket.

v8_vega

• Ride like your invisible!
      • Warrior
      « Reply #81 on: Apr 26, 2015, 03:17:11 am »
      I just ordered Scoobs adapter and the Custom Rider bracket. Now to find a bucket.  Has anyone tried this Adjure? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006XG6BJO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=170A01MH5IRWC&coliid=IR05IUFG5010Z

Not sure you need scoobs bracket unless you're running a Honda headlight that doesn't use a cinch style mount. Only us that use the vtx bucket need scoobs bracket. Adjure is a simple cinch.

Thanks for the input. I don't know which way I am going to go. I added some pretty cool Kuryakyn fog lamps and they have a slick pointy shape. Id like to choose a headlight bucket that has similar lines. Also, has anybody ever looked at a 7 inch bucket? The one below looks pretty bad ass

That headlight sucks for light output. Had one on a V-Star 1100.