Author Topic: Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius vs V&H Big Radius 2-1  (Read 11119 times)

Pep

• Live as long as you can, but not too long! HEF 04
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius vs V&H Big Radius 2-1
« Reply #15 on: Apr 22, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »
In this mod, when I refer to "we" I'm including my friend Jim who helped me tremendously with this mod.

Bill, you are partially correct. We took the head pipes from a V&H Warrior Propipe and the headpipes for the V&H HD Big Radius 2-1 and mated them. It took a lot of cutting and welding to get the look I was wanting. Once we finished that and mounted the muffler section it appeared to be way to long for my taste, so we cut a section out of the headpipes and then rewelded the 2-1 collector back on. That's when we found exactly what I was looking for.
I was able to use the stock heatshield for the muffler but again we had to piece together the headpipes shields from the Propipe and the Big Radius to fit the new configuration.
Here's a link to the write-up and build.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/14-installed-warrior-modifications-accessories/149106-big-radius-2-1-nows-time-act.html

I think he made the pipes for his Warrior.

Yes he did but those pipes are originally for an HD and they are shorter and lower than the ones made for the Raider
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2014, 07:12:14 am by Pep »

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

1slo_113

• V Star
    • Referrals: 1
    Re: Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius vs V&H Big Radius 2-1
    « Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 09:04:53 pm »

Is it me or were those Warriors faster than our Raiders, I rode 1...  I couldn't keep my feet on pegs or my A$$ in seat The Bike felt like it wanted to pull out from under me...
    [/quote]

Definitely not, my two buddy's had Warriors. Both with power commanders, big air kits, and 1 w/V&H 2into1 and 1 w/Rinehart 2into2 pipes. Both were slower than mine at least 2 lengths to 130mph... After 100 or so I started pulling away again.
    8 Raider, it's slo hahaha