Raider Patches

Author Topic: Ethanol Shield Total Fuel System Treatment  (Read 11281 times)

mimxrider

• V Star
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Moto!
Ethanol Shield Total Fuel System Treatment
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:23:30 AM »
I did a video on Fuel and Ethanol cleaners along with burn tests. Ethanol Shield is the way to go. Always carry it with me on long rides when I don't know when and where we will be stopping. Been using this since I bought the bike new. Can't wait to get rid of the stock exhaust as I also like using the fuel scents. My Fav is Root Beer :) Have been using them since my road racing days  ;D

Also I try and make sure that I only use a "premium only" hose as the fuel in the combo hose is likely to be regular from the car before it so I'll be paying for some regular fuel and downgrading my octane content. The octane boosters work well too. Should also consider carrying that for those no premium moments.

Ethanol Shield Part 1 Carbon and Water Tests
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaQuF-q-aRs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaQuF-q-aRs</a>

Ethanol Shield Product Review with Burn Test! Part 2
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-gGdietK0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-gGdietK0</a>
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2010, 11:54:18 PM by mimxrider »
Live it up, light it up!

Zinger

• Nuclear Twinkie
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
    • StoveNet
Re: Ethanol Shield Total Fuel System Treatment
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:07:29 PM »
What's with all the "Product A, B,C, D" stuff?  If you're trying to do a comparative infomercial at least let us know what you're comparing against. 

So how about telling us what you had there?  Also, if you want to impress this crowd you need to throw in Seafoam and Stabil if you haven't already.

mimxrider

• V Star
    • View Profile
    • Moto!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »
They are all in original bottles, including seafoam. Just look at the containers, I had every single product I could find in that test. I don't want to get sued (which I know at least one that would) if I showed the bottle label.
Live it up, light it up!

mimxrider

• V Star
    • View Profile
    • Moto!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 09:46:39 AM »
As for stabil, I used to use that for everything until I noticed that it was making everything run dirty when you bust a toy out of winter slumber... blaaaaah  ???
Live it up, light it up!

Zinger

• Nuclear Twinkie
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
    • StoveNet
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:21:17 AM »
How about just telling us here, on good 'ol RSR.com which ones are which?  I don't feel like doing bottle research.

TXbroker

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 11:50:41 AM »
No one carries local, you have to buy online?
Raiderless

mimxrider

• V Star
    • View Profile
    • Moto!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 02:58:42 PM »
k - Starbright
J - seafoam
I - Lucus
F - Chevron
G - Gum Out
Red Bottle - Heet

Live it up, light it up!

Zinger

• Nuclear Twinkie
  • Road Star
    • View Profile
    • StoveNet
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 10:21:59 PM »
k - Starbright
J - seafoam
I - Lucus
F - Chevron
G - Gum Out
Red Bottle - Heet

Thanks.  What is D?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:41:34 PM by Zinger »

bamf

• I don't have nothing to say about myself, Thunder.
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »
What is the purpose of using the Ethanol shield products in the Raider?
The open road! The wind on my face! I'll go from city to city - rrroooew, rroooew, rrrrrooooooooew! Everyone looking at me: "who's that guy?" "He must be tough." Rrooew, rrooew, rrooew, rrrrroooooooew! I'll have my girl on the back seat holding on to my fat belly. Sure, she's missing a few teeth, but she thinks I'm cool.

Gold Eagle Tom

« Reply #9 on: Jun 28, 2010, 03:14:42 PM »
As a representative of Gold Eagle Co., makers of Iso-HEET® Brand Water Remover and Injector Cleaner, I’d like to clarify a few things from the test since it appears that Product E in the red bottle is actually Iso-HEET® Brand Premium Water Remover and Injector Cleaner.

Iso-HEET® is not an ethanol treatment even though it does have some positive effects on ethanol fuel problems.  A better choice for ethanol issues is Marine Formula STA-BIL® Ethanol Treatment.  Over 100 motorcycle, boat and other engine manufacturers endorse STA-BIL® for its beneficial effects of removing water, cleaning fuels systems and preventing corrosion.

Iso-HEET® is a very economical and effective fuel injector cleaner.  Fuel injector cleaners remove debris from fuel injector tips usually found in an engine’s intake manifold, not its combustion chamber where carbon buildup occurs.

Iso-HEET® absorbed at least as much water as any product tested if you count the number of droplets of water dropped into the additive.

With regard to hot flames versus cold flames, all volatile organic substances like fuel additives and also including gasoline produce flames with about the same maximum temperature assuming similar oxygen availability.

Gold Eagle Co. is justifiably proud of Iso-HEET® as the #1 premium water remover on the market.  Iso-HEET® removes 5 times its weight in water from fuel and keeps injectors clean with regular use.  We encourage this forum’s visitors and members to learn more about Iso-HEET® and other fine Gold Eagle Co. products at www.goldeagle.com.

v8_vega

• Ride like your invisible!
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 28, 2010, 04:35:50 PM »
See, that is what he was talking about.

But I did think the test, rather they were BS or not were cool.

LostDog

« Reply #11 on: Jun 28, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »
My problem with the test is they were not equitable to real world application.

IMO the tests should have been with the product diluted with gasoline at the recommended amounts and the burn test was also misleading for the same reasons. JMHO!  :shrug:

renhalt

• Road Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 28, 2010, 08:00:34 PM »
I don't know about you guys but the gas doesn't stay in bike long enough to worry about it. You can also get ethanol free gas at about any marina. Be prepared to pay $3.80 a gallon though, besides our bikes are 08-2010 models made to run on that crap anyway. Just my two cents worth.

Black Velvet

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2010, 08:13:52 PM »
With all do respect ----- If people will buy it people will sell it.
Serenity Now!!!

mimxrider

• V Star
    • View Profile
    • Moto!
« Reply #14 on: Aug 19, 2010, 11:09:57 AM »
From all the tests I have done Ethanol Shield works the best. I use it in the Raider when I'm on a trip and can't find a ethanol free fuel. That other stuff mentioned here... I bet it burns dirty. I haven't found it anywhere to test it.

The counter part Mechanic in a Bottle (MIB) also help in cleaning up and getting engines to run again. I have brought back a few lawn mowers just by dumping the old fuel and adding MIB to the new fuel mix. Not that the Riader would ever sit long enough to need that but riding all weekend every weekend leaves many of my other engines sitting  :D

Talk smoke all you want. Do the test yourself on things (if you take the proper precautions) and see for yourself. I am not making this stuff up, but I can't mention brands as I'm sure the bail guy in this post is already talking to lawyer on how to sue me. Hell of a world we live in huh?
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2010, 12:00:38 AM by mimxrider »
Live it up, light it up!