Author Topic: Does the stock seat suck or is it just me??  (Read 22831 times)

Rebal Dog

Re: Does the stock seat suck or is it just me??
« Reply #15 on: Jun 01, 2010, 11:16:06 pm »
I have the Star single Rider Seat w/ B.R. And Lov it. I'm good to go!! :chopper:

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

dreadly

• living the dream
    • Global Moderator
    • Raider
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2010, 11:17:09 pm »
    I have the Star single Rider Seat w/ B.R. And Lov it. I'm good to go!! :chopper:

psst RD ... seems like you're really enjoying the Raider ... I think it's a sign that you haven't had any takers yet on it.  ;D

shadowrider43

• "Above All Family"
    • Warrior
    • Referrals: 0
    « Reply #17 on: Jun 01, 2010, 11:55:31 pm »
    Of all the bikes I have experienced the Raider stock seat is the best compared to other stock seats, but my corbin was the best seat I have ever owned.

• Advertisement

gatorarms

• Warrior
      « Reply #18 on: Jun 02, 2010, 12:36:34 am »
      Of all the bikes I have experienced the Raider stock seat is the best compared to other stock seats, but my corbin was the best seat I have ever owned.

I agree, its the best stock seat but I will probably get a new one.

stocking_eater

« Reply #19 on: Jun 02, 2010, 06:12:22 am »
      i am a small frame dude. my a$$ kills me after about hour or so. i shaved about an in. off the foam and added a gel pad and put cover back on. feels much better now. http://www.metricthunder.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10034&Category_Code=sa28

Madcow

• Liquid lighting
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #20 on: Jun 02, 2010, 08:25:06 am »
      I road a bike with a corbin and its kinda hard. It was only for a short distance but, I don't know about long hauls. I'm satisfied with the stocker..
      "Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries." - James A. Michener
      May your road be smooth yet twisty.
      Let your mods turn all heads and torque make you thirsty.
      I hope the ride will take you to a place that makes your spirit sing.
      And put a smile on your face, for the blessings this day will bring.   Madcow 11

Big_Ron

• Road Star
      « Reply #21 on: Jun 02, 2010, 10:51:42 am »
      i am a small frame dude. my a$$ kills me after about hour or so. i shaved about an in. off the foam and added a gel pad and put cover back on. feels much better now. http://www.metricthunder.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10034&Category_Code=sa28
      Think may try this before spending big bucks on a different seat.

cdnraider09

• Raider
      « Reply #22 on: Jun 02, 2010, 11:42:11 am »
      my but is numb after about 30 miles on the stock seat. I'm definitely going to get an aftermarket seat. I'm looking at the predator seat from phatperformance parts. but the smooth version flames just aren't my thing. or a mustang daytripper.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Parts_Unlimited_Predator_Seat_for_Yamaha_Raider_0_p/pu-pred-yxv1900r.htmhat   

Rajder

• Roadliner
      « Reply #23 on: Jun 02, 2010, 11:42:33 am »
      Obviously opinions about motorcycle seats vary greatly.  But for me the stock seat is TERRIBLE!!!!  If you only ride 300 miles or less in a day then I'm sure its fine.  But after about 6 hours in the saddle this thing is like a toture devise for me.  I had the foam in the seat replaced with differenct foams and memory foam from a guy named Spencer at the following website:

www.greatdaytoride.com

It's cheap (like around $50 plus shipping) and it really does make the seat softer.  If all you want is a softer seat then Spencer may be the way to go.  It has improved the seat but I still have problems with the shape of the seat (puts to much pressure on my tail bone).  I'm going to try to have it reshaped a little bit and if that doesn't work I'll be buying a Mustang seat.  Corbin seats are too hard for me and I've done several 800+ mile days in Mustang seats before and have had good luck with them.

Big_Ron

• Road Star
      « Reply #24 on: Jun 02, 2010, 11:50:33 am »
      Obviously opinions about motorcycle seats vary greatly.  But for me the stock seat is TERRIBLE!!!!  If you only ride 300 miles or less in a day then I'm sure its fine.  But after about 6 hours in the saddle this thing is like a toture devise for me.  I had the foam in the seat replaced with differenct foams and memory foam from a guy named Spencer at the following website:

www.greatdaytoride.com

It's cheap (like around $50 plus shipping) and it really does make the seat softer.  If all you want is a softer seat then Spencer may be the way to go.  It has improved the seat but I still have problems with the shape of the seat (puts to much pressure on my tail bone).  I'm going to try to have it reshaped a little bit and if that doesn't work I'll be buying a Mustang seat.  Corbin seats are too hard for me and I've done several 800+ mile days in Mustang seats before and have had good luck with them.
      Thanks for your input was wondering about the mustang seats I was told couple years ago they are better than a corbin seat and both prices are not much different. I also have the problem with tailbone so may try the gell option but thinking your idea is what I will end up doing.

SWomack

• Raider
      • Referrals: 19
      « Reply #25 on: Jun 02, 2010, 12:21:58 pm »
      I have the PCS slammed Potato Chip Seat on mine.
      I dig this seat.
      If I had to pick another seat I would go with the Corbin Hollywood Solo Seat.
      Looks killer and is very comfy.
      Swomack

So your bike set up solo??

I mostly ride solo so yes my bike is setup as a solo riding bike most of the time.
      When my wife rides with me I put on the stock rear pad and add the Yamaha Shortie
      to make her more comfy.

I am looking at Streetglides and Strat Deluxes right now.
      I want a bagger next and I want my wife to be more comfortable
      on our longer trips.

Swomack

RAIDERIDER

« Reply #26 on: Jun 04, 2010, 11:50:31 pm »
      The Mustang seat with drivers backrest is thee ultimate for me , when i go hard on the throttle from a takeoff now i dont have to hold on tight anymore & pull myself forward a bit when bike launches from holeshot. That gave me a sore back alot.

Now when i take off the backrest is heaven for the back, no more pulling myself forward & its no more lower back fatigue for me which is a huge difference  , iam 100% fully impressed with the comfort of this seat.\\

Just ordered the matching Mustang backrest pad that fits Yamaha quick detach & upright, should look great when all done .

cdnraider09

• Raider
      « Reply #27 on: Jun 06, 2010, 12:22:10 pm »
      the stock seat sucks, 30miles and my back and butt are done. I'm looking at the predator smooth seat does anyone have one of these already?

VadersRide

• Road Star
      « Reply #28 on: Jun 13, 2010, 02:33:29 pm »
      I agree--the stock seat is way too stiff. about an hour and im hurting.

Go to WWW.Meancitycycles.com I got my last seat modified there and LOVED it.
      Everyone that sat on my bike got mad they spent 3X what I spent on their seats.

I am sending my seat out to be modded like my last seat. they notch the stock foam out how ever you want to adjust for height,weight,rider position, and add memory foam.
      When its done it looks just like the stock seat and you can ride all day all for $100!!!
      They will even do stitching or other custom looks for more money.

I would also stay away from gel seats, I tried them also,they are more comfortable than stock
      but you cant leave them out in the sun ,they get insanely hot!!! I started covering mine with a towel
      just so I could sit on it and not burn my a$$.  :D

MYWORLD

• MY BABY!!
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 8
      « Reply #29 on: Jun 13, 2010, 03:14:41 pm »
      I agree--the stock seat is way too stiff. about an hour and im hurting.

Go to WWW.Meancitycycles.com I got my last seat modified there and LOVED it.
      Everyone that sat on my bike got mad they spent 3X what I spent on their seats.

I am sending my seat out to be modded like my last seat. they notch the stock foam out how ever you want to adjust for height,weight,rider position, and add memory foam.
      When its done it looks just like the stock seat and you can ride all day all for $100!!!
      They will even do stitching or other custom looks for more money.

I would also stay away from gel seats, I tried them also,they are more comfortable than stock
      but you cant leave them out in the sun ,they get insanely hot!!! I started covering mine with a towel
      just so I could sit on it and not burn my a$$.  :D

Good find on that site. I think this might be the way I go. I'm gonna contact them and see how much the custom leather work would be but so far on there site they are extremely less expensive than most.
      SEA-ROAR MEMBER