Author Topic: Emissions Canister  (Read 619 times)

BuxStar

• SEA-ROAR
  • Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Emissions Canister
« on: Aug 07, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »
I had a few inquiries about something that is on my Raider that has not been seen before at the RALLY in Maggie Valley..  I pretty much thought all Raiders have this, and gave it no thought until Ray asked what is that thing next to your horn?  I  walked around and looked at all Raiders at the BW, and sure enough -- not a one had that "mystery box" on their bike.  I stopped at the Dealer where I bought my Raider after work today in hopes of finding an answer to the "mystery box".  Several of the sales guys  (including the guy who sold me the bike) looked at me like I was from another planet....until one walked by and heard the conversation --- oh, that is an emissions canister.  So, evidently, my bike at one time was destined for California.  Mystery solved?  Anyone from CA confirm this?  BTW - This was my first trip to the Rally at MV, and my only regret was, that I did not come down a few days sooner.  Met a lot of fine people, got a lot of ideas for mods for my Raider, and really look forward to next years Rally!

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

RedRaider

• Raider
    Re: Emissions Canister
    « Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2014, 08:13:44 PM »
    I had a few inquiries about something that is on my Raider that has not been seen before at the RALLY in Maggie Valley..  I pretty much thought all Raiders have this, and gave it no thought until Ray asked what is that thing next to your horn?  I  walked around and looked at all Raiders at the BW, and sure enough -- not a one had that "mystery box" on their bike.  I stopped at the Dealer where I bought my Raider after work today in hopes of finding an answer to the "mystery box".  Several of the sales guys  (including the guy who sold me the bike) looked at me like I was from another planet....until one walked by and heard the conversation --- oh, that is an emissions canister.  So, evidently, my bike at one time was destined for California.  Mystery solved?  Anyone from CA confirm this?  BTW - This was my first trip to the Rally at MV, and my only regret was, that I did not come down a few days sooner.  Met a lot of fine people, got a lot of ideas for mods for my Raider, and really look forward to next years Rally!

Don't need a CA to confirm. It is a charcoal cannister. Yank it off, plug the line going to the TB, and reroute the vent for the fuel tank. Not a big deal at all. (mine had one too...first thing I did was to take it off)

MyRaider

• MyRaider
    • Raider
      • Sound Bite
    « Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »

Don't need a CA to confirm. It is a charcoal cannister. Yank it off, plug the line going to the TB, and reroute the vent for the fuel tank. Not a big deal at all. (mine had one too...first thing I did was to take it off)

RedRaider try this one it was started today.
    Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

• Advertisement

RedRaider

• Raider
      « Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2014, 08:28:26 PM »

RedRaider try this one it was started today.

Nope.....maybe the forums gods deem everything I have to say to be so important and worthwhile I am not allowed to delete my posts  ;D ;D

back to our regularly scheduled program  ;D

MyRaider

• MyRaider
      • Raider
        • Sound Bite
      « Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »
      weird
      Torque to ya Later...Don't Forget to click the Globe Icon on left for SOUND BITE...

yamaha_master

• Raider
      • V Star
      « Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
      Just curious, I am about to pull this off of my bike since I'm working right there anyway, putting highway bars and my newly chromed up foot peg mounts with kuryakyn floor boards front and rear :-), and I had a question.  Where exactly did you guys re-route the vent to??  Any help would be great.  Also, did you have to build a new bracket for the horn, or did you just remove one of them?  Mine has another in another location, not sure if that's factory.

Thanks,

Ken
      Nope, it's not a Harley, and let me tell you why it's not...

RedRaider

• Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2017, 07:30:56 PM »
      I just took a length of black anodized brake line and ran it down the left down tube just a hair past the bottom of the frame. Can't even tell it's there.

yamaha_master

• Raider
      • V Star
      « Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2017, 07:39:42 PM »
      I just took a length of black anodized brake line and ran it down the left down tube just a hair past the bottom of the frame. Can't even tell it's there.

Nice!  I don't suppose you have pictures?? :)
      Nope, it's not a Harley, and let me tell you why it's not...