Author Topic: Quick Wash By Harley Davidson is a must have  (Read 2622 times)

Rick Busbea

• I call her Ruby....
  • AZ Group
  • Warrior
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Quick Wash By Harley Davidson is a must have
« Reply #15 on: Aug 28, 2014, 12:07:26 am »
Personally I'm sold on Meguiar's products but haven't tried their m/c line.  Anybody every use these items?

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G55033-Motorcycle-Care-Kit/dp/B0012ZITJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409202359&sr=8-1&keywords=harley+davidson+quick+wash

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

Daytonakid1

« Reply #16 on: Aug 28, 2014, 07:34:56 pm »
    Furniture polish... Works badass I was turned onto it by the shop owner that painted one of my corvettes. He said DONT wash this car with soap and water for a few weeks and don't wax the car for 6months. I replied the car is black and unlike most I use my toys. He said clean it with furniture polish and use nano wax if ness. I used furniture polish only on that car. It never saw a car wash.

Luke

• 2011 Raider - Roll on!
    • Warrior
    • Referrals: 1
    « Reply #17 on: Aug 28, 2014, 07:47:33 pm »
    Furniture polish... Works badass I was turned onto it by the shop owner that painted one of my corvettes. He said DONT wash this car with soap and water for a few weeks and don't wax the car for 6months. I replied the car is black and unlike most I use my toys. He said clean it with furniture polish and use nano wax if ness. I used furniture polish only on that car. It never saw a car wash.
    what type and brand of furniture polish.  Never heard of nano wax.  So do you spray your bike with the furniture polish and then just hose it off.  Had no idea that would work.

• Advertisement

Raven

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 0
      « Reply #18 on: Aug 28, 2014, 10:04:49 pm »
      I've used lemon pledge on my bike many times, works great and smells nice. Wax on, wax off ;D
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2014, 10:13:01 pm by R.I.P. 113 »

RuneRaider

• 2009 Red Raider S
      • Roadliner
      « Reply #19 on: Aug 29, 2014, 03:37:19 am »
      All of my bikes wear Glare or they wear nothing at all.  ;D  Got started with the Honda waterless and have pretty well stayed with that but yes furniture polish has been used more than once. Not real effective on engines though.   :)
      Photons by the bag.
      Gravitons no longer shipped outside the US or Canada

CHROMINATOR

• MSgt USMC Retired - Patriot Guard Rider
      • SEA-ROAR
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 7
      « Reply #20 on: Aug 29, 2014, 04:57:11 am »
      Personally I'm sold on Meguiar's products but haven't tried their m/c line.  Anybody every use these items?

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G55033-Motorcycle-Care-Kit/dp/B0012ZITJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409202359&sr=8-1&keywords=harley+davidson+quick+wash

I use 3 of the 6, the EZ Clean, Detailer and the Metal polish and they all work great...  ;D  I would bet the other 3 work just as well...  ;)

bkyger

• Warrior
      • Referrals: 1
      « Reply #21 on: Aug 29, 2014, 11:59:20 am »
      I was turned on to this product by my New Mechanic in Osage Beach Missouri.  It works very well.  Gets many areas that you could not get clean, clean.  I would not recommend this if I was not fully over and above satisfied.  Cost at the Harley Dealer $15.95, could get it cheaper, maybe.  Try is out. Do not even need to scrub on your bike to get the bugs off.

I use this stuff when its too hot to wash my bike. We have really hard water so if you dont wipe the water off immediately you end up with intense water spots. This stuff you just spray on and wipe off with a 100% cotton cloth. Just use in a ventilated area, its intense.

xmanrigger

• Roadliner
      « Reply #22 on: Aug 29, 2014, 06:55:32 pm »
      Sunlight dish soap is all I have ever used on any of my bikes and trucks. Works great, buy it anywhere cheap. Scotch Brite on the chrome.
       Bike shines when done.

2012 Raider / V&H Big Radius 2-1 / Cobra Fi2000 DFP / Baron Stealth Big Air / Avon AV72 Cobra Rear Tire /