Custom Raider

Author Topic: 2001 Roadstar Bobber  (Read 4040 times)

Tricky

2001 Roadstar Bobber
« on: Aug 05, 2010, 07:30:25 PM »
Posted three pics of my 2001 Roadstar Springer bobber in the gallery. I had written a big writeup on it, but when I tried to attach a picture to the post it puked on me.  Let me know if you have any questions..  :)

Tricky

NorthTxRaider

• LEGALIZE FREEDOM OR FACE REVOLT!
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 42
    • View Profile
    • United States Raider Owners And Riders Association
Re: 2001 Roadstar Bobber
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »
Thanks Brother! dixonk wanted to check it out along with a few others...

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2010, 07:41:45 PM »
I like it alot, I have a 2000 Roadstar, That is just sitting, I have road it a few times this year, But I would probably get on it a little more if it looked like that, Very nice scooter.... Where did you get the springer front end..
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2010, 07:43:52 PM by THUNDER »
THUNDER
You can watch stuff happen
You can make stuff happen
Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.

Skidmark

• WARR Rider
  • Roadliner
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:15:59 PM »
that actually looks really good. if you look at the bike as a whole and not individual parts it looks damn close to a Harley street bob
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
"Harley Davidsons have the unique ability to convert gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower...."

Tricky

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »
I like it alot, I have a 2000 Roadstar, That is just sitting, I have road it a few times this year, But I would probably get on it a little more if it looked like that, Very nice scooter.... Where did you get the springer front end..
S&S customs sells a steering stem and bearing races that will allow for just about any Harley front end.  I went another way, but you know about hindsight....
The springer is a 2 under DNA that can be bought all day on eBay for about $400.  I went with GMA four piston single disk/caliper, 8k miles later it still squeals like the playground gate.  Not sure I would go that way again either.  It is a 21 inch front rim with a 120 tire mounted on there.  After all that and a Baron's bobbed rear fender and $78 in duplicolor bed liner and it is what it is :)  There were some other steps in there obviously.  A LOT of help from my friends at the Road Star Garage, Looney's and the RSR forums on Delphi.  DFW Garage days where the stock front end was pulled off and the Springer put on.  It is a BLAST to ride and takes me back to the very early years of riding for me.  One of these days I will start with a MUCH nicer doner bike and do it all again, blacked out engine etc.....  It was a LOT of fun to do.
Is your 2000 a Millenium edition?  I LOVE those bikes and would not change a thing!  That and my Wife's '03 Sliver Edition are two bikes I would love to own again.

THUNDER

• Global Moderator
  • Raider
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:24:48 PM »
Thanks, I think you have open another door for me......gees, how am I going to explain this one, Great looking bike...
THUNDER
You can watch stuff happen
You can make stuff happen
Or you can say what the hell happened....Quote from ..Capt. Phil...R.I.P.
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER

[img]http://www.roadstarraider.

cdnraider09

• Raider
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »
I like that bobber i need to find me a money tree orchard and shake the place dry

Capt_Zoom

• Raider
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2010, 09:23:54 PM »
Pretty sharp bike.
Kick Logic To The Curb!

spreston

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 05, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »
Good looking bike, I'm going to have to build one some day. If I can quit messing with the Raider long enough.

Tricky

« Reply #9 on: Aug 05, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »
Thanks, I think you have open another door for me......gees, how am I going to explain this one, Great looking bike...
It is kind of funny, I am about 7k total into this bike, including the initial 5k price of the bike.  If I had a Roadie laying around I could have done the whole thing for less than a grand after selling all the stock stuff.  I sold the front end complete for $350, the front and rear fenders for $200 total, saddlebags & Mounts for another $300.  Bars, levers etc etc etc for some more smaller amounts.... 
Next real thing here is a suicide shifter, all I need is a clutch linkage....  And a LOT of practice before I actually hit the streets.... 

NorthTxRaider

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:45:58 PM »
Thunder, the same way as always ... roses, pre-apologies, ass-kissing...  and whining until she is so sick of it that she gives in! LOL!

NorthTxRaider

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Aug 05, 2010, 11:48:10 PM »
Tricky, let me know when you want to fabricate the clutch linkage... I probably have everything ya need in my garage. :) Besides, aside from lunch at Hooters, I don't have my bike conversationalist any more since the job change.

It is kind of funny, I am about 7k total into this bike, including the initial 5k price of the bike.  If I had a Roadie laying around I could have done the whole thing for less than a grand after selling all the stock stuff.  I sold the front end complete for $350, the front and rear fenders for $200 total, saddlebags & Mounts for another $300.  Bars, levers etc etc etc for some more smaller amounts.... 
Next real thing here is a suicide shifter, all I need is a clutch linkage....  And a LOT of practice before I actually hit the streets.... 

Tricky

« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2010, 12:01:01 AM »
Tricky, let me know when you want to fabricate the clutch linkage... I probably have everything ya need in my garage. :) Besides, aside from lunch at Hooters, I don't have my bike conversationalist any more since the job change.

Looks like it will have to wait until you get back from Sturgis.  I am off on Thursday and Friday now you know!  Maybe you could give me a hand with changing the rear tire out too while we were at it :)

NorthTxRaider

• Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »
Thurday and Friday I work from home, but I can swing out that way after 1700. Not sure if I'm going to be able to make the Sturgis run... Depends on how things go with the bike and how mcuh sleep I can get before doing a 1100 mile ride. Rear tire changes are a piece of cake.

Got Shiner?

Looks like it will have to wait until you get back from Sturgis.  I am off on Thursday and Friday now you know!  Maybe you could give me a hand with changing the rear tire out too while we were at it :)

Tricky

« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2010, 12:07:02 AM »
Thurday and Friday I work from home, but I can swing out that way after 1700. Not sure if I'm going to be able to make the Sturgis run... Depends on how things go with the bike and how mcuh sleep I can get before doing a 1100 mile ride. Rear tire changes are a piece of cake.
Got Shiner?

No saddlebags for beer, 100 miles up to your place9and back), need to bring my bike stand and new suicide shifter to boot.  Maybe I will throw it up into the truck and bring it out.
Hope everything works out with the bike, would hate to see you miss Sturgis!