Author Topic: Blaster x light  (Read 2605 times)

Colorado Raider

• Road Star
  • Referrals: 0
Blaster x light
« on: Oct 29, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »
Tried to hook up light but right turn signal stays on. Says in trouble shooting that front signals are wired wrong. Wtf. The light stays on even if the turn signals are not hooked up ????? Has anyone else had this problem? I am thinking the light is def but it says they are tested.  Also mentions a stage one load equalizer may fix problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ps I said all this somewhere else but thought I should put it in a different thread.

Sorry and thanx

RoadStarRaider

• Advertisement

BigCountry

• 2012 Raider
    • Road Star
    Re: Blaster x light
    « Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2014, 09:49:21 pm »
    Have you changed any of the other lights on the bike? When I installed my blaster x, I just connected the three connections and it was perfect. I haven't modified any of the other lights and did not use any load equalizers.

Colorado Raider

• Road Star
    « Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2014, 10:01:04 pm »
    The only thing I have done Is have LEDs installed by a vender at bike rally. I installed LEDs to a empty connection under the seat. It doesn't make sense that only one side is doing it and it doesn't matter if the turn signals are connected or not.

• Advertisement

Colorado Raider

• Road Star
      « Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2014, 09:43:46 am »
      Called john today and explained issues. He agreed sounds defective. He immediately sent me a shipping label to return light. Great guy. Owner of custom led. Sucks I won't have installed today but couldn't ask for better customer service!!!! 😊

BigCountry

• 2012 Raider
      • Road Star
      « Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2014, 10:17:41 am »
      Glad to hear they are getting you fixed up quick and easy. Once you get it installed you will extremely happy with the product, I know I am.

jeskam

• Road Star
      « Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2014, 11:09:40 am »
      Just installed one on my bike about two weeks ago. It functions perfectly as brake/signal combo but I can not get it into programming mode and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Yamaha driving lights up front. I'm not going back into that rat's nest anytime soon to figure it out either since it's working! It would be nice to get into that menu and jack up the output though.

RedRaider

• Raider
      « Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2014, 02:32:11 pm »
      Just installed one on my bike about two weeks ago. It functions perfectly as brake/signal combo but I can not get it into programming mode and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the Yamaha driving lights up front. I'm not going back into that rat's nest anytime soon to figure it out either since it's working! It would be nice to get into that menu and jack up the output though.

Why would the driving lights have anything to do with it?

the urban legend

• Raider
      « Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2014, 03:36:30 pm »

All you have to do is ground the programming wire then turn the ignition on
      I'd rather die on a motorcycle than live without one.

TRaider_John

• Patriot Guard Rider
      • Raider
      • Referrals: 5
      « Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2014, 07:59:57 pm »
      I have the Yamaha driving lamps and have no trouble getting it into the program mode.  As others have said, just ground the grey wire.  If you have lost the instructions that came with it, you can download them or read them on their website. 

Colorado Raider

• Road Star
      « Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2014, 07:56:01 am »
      I just touched the grey control wire to the fender and it activated the strobe which also gets you into the programming mode. Only prob was the right turn signal stayed on at all times.

jeskam

• Road Star
      « Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2014, 04:20:07 pm »
      Weird, I'm grounded at the neg on the battery and no programming mode.

Colorado Raider

• Road Star
      « Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2014, 07:27:57 am »
      I believe the grey wire should be open until you want to program or activate strobe function. They say to hook up a toggle switch to it so you can ground with the switch and program or strobe.

jeskam

• Road Star
      « Reply #12 on: Nov 03, 2014, 07:52:47 am »
      I've got the grey on the negative run to the toggle switch and back to the light.

Colorado Raider

• Road Star
      « Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2014, 07:57:22 am »
      It should run from light to toggle switch, and from switch to ground either battery or metal on bike.
      That way it is not grounded until to flip the switch

jeskam

• Road Star
      « Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 2014, 08:29:04 am »
      That's how I have it, I just described it in the other direction.